My PC changing / removing KB's (Deepclean?)

Nomen

I'm flipping through my Win-7 event viewer and I see (as of Nov 16) a bunch of entries in the setup logs as follows:

Initiating changes for package KB3087039. Current state is Installed. Target state is Absent. Client id: Deepclean.

A reboot is necessary before package KB2532531 can be changed to the Absent state.

There are dozens if not a hundred or so of each of those, with all sorts of KB numbers. 

What's going on here?

Found this which seems to be about the same thing.

Not sure what it all means and what exactly is relevant ie. blaming any unusual behaviour on a virus or malware is always suspect advice. The last post there does suggest this is just part of Windows cleanup processes to recover free space and nothing to be concerned about.

Also mentioned here:

Only 44 hits in all the interwebs for the quoted phrase "Target state is Absent. Client id: Deepclean."

I see that I have a DeepClean.log in c:\windows\logs\CBS dated nov 16.  It only contains entries dated Nov 16.  These are the first few lines of that file:

===========

2019-11-16 20:06:21, Info                  DISM   Service Pack Cleanup UI: PID=8432 Superseded Service Packs 0  - CScavengeCleanup::GetSpaceUsed
2019-11-16 20:06:35, Info                  CBS    DC: Ensuring the online components hive is loaded to load maps...
2019-11-16 20:06:38, Info                  CBS    DC: Clearing cache...
2019-11-16 20:06:38, Info                  CBS    DC: Finding superseded packages...
2019-11-16 20:06:38, Info                  CBS    Skipping: Microsoft-Windows-CodecPack-Basic-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.7601.17514 due to applicability

============

Would like to know what initiated or triggered that activity, based on what settings, and what the results are for future system stability / functionality.  This install of windows was created using 7lite (or what-ever it's called) back in oct 2016 and had all known/good kb's rolled in and has not performed a windows-update check since then and has automatic updates disabled.

Edited by Nomen