Office - shortcut to open shared document in 'Desktop App' aka Normal Program

Mcinwwl

So here's the backstory. I have an excel document, that is shared and stored on my company's oneDrive account. It's shared with multiple people, so we use the link to open it.

Here's the cumbersome part. Since I need some functions that work badly or not at all when opened in Excel Online or Teams I need to press "Open in Desktop Add". Every. single. Time.

I'm looking for a way, preferably desktop shortcut, to tell office to open this in Normal Excel 2016. Due to my company's policy trying to find potential sharepoint/oneDrive folder and treat it as network folder, even if possible, is a no-go.

Tried to search out exact phrase in the internet, I failed.

Does not work in my case.

Option 1 stubbornly opens in browser

Option 2 returns error message that the path is invalid - I cannot even save shortcut.

Option 3 Is not visible in my case, I tried three different views of OneDrive and I have no option "Send to".

I cannot say if that's the case of Win7 vs Win 10, Office 2013 vs Office 2016 or personal OneDrive vs Corporate environment.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me.

Aaaand actually I got it. I just not needed the path visible when requesting sharepoint or teams to provide you the link. I opened excel, right-clicked on recently opened file, pressed "copy file location" and I was able to create a shortcut following syntax

"path to excel" "path to file"

Solved.