Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

You didn't even read what I wrote, what a helpful forum!

Edited by Tripredacus

Hi,

Could you please provide more details?

What file type are you working on? xlsx, xls, xlsm, xlsb or something else?

is your office up to date?

Do you have macros enabled in MS office?

Is the file coming from a trusted source? are you sure the file is not a malware trying to rick you into enabling macros or DDL execution?

Is the file containing any confidential data?

You wanted to be helped in less than 24h?  Really?  :whistle:

15 hours ago, dencorso said:

You wanted to be helped in less than 24h?  Really?  :whistle:

I wrote that in reply to the reply I got from Mcinwwl which failed to read my post which is something I always hate in people (who don't read), he is asking me about file type and I mentioned that, he asked about being updated and I already gave the version of excel and SP and if he knew anything he would know that update does not work anymore for MS office 2007 and I have no way of knowing if I am updated or not because also I am here looking for helping regarding this exact question and gave the version of the latest compatibility pack that I managed to find, the other questions are far from the problem.

I did need the help fast because I had a job offer that ended before I can even open the file correctly and I relied on you instead of continuing to search online (I regret that now) but I never mentioned that problem because it is my problem not yours, I only mentioned the the reply that was sent without reading what I wrote.

You don't seem to be better than him, you didn't see the edit date which is after the reply I got.

Thanks for nothing

17 hours ago, KMND12 said:

You don't seem to be better than him, you didn't see the edit date which is after the reply I got.

Thanks for nothing

I can assure you that tone won't help you develop a positive rapport in the community.

17 hours ago, KMND12 said:

I did need the help fast because I had a job offer that ended before I can even open the file correctly and I relied on you instead of continuing to search online (I regret that now) but I never mentioned that problem because it is my problem not yours, I only mentioned the the reply that was sent without reading what I wrote.

You are right, it is your problem. MSFN is built around helping people as best as we can and I understand your frustrations, especially when you are under pressure and I know first hand that sometimes you really cannot find what you need online and that Google isn't always your friend. But you also need to realize that we all have personal lives outside the forum and cannot always accommodate time sensitive topics. I'm not saying anything to be mean or nasty, but it's the honest truth.

• Like 2