Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Mcinwwl

Post EOL updated to Windows 7

For what its worth, I've been a member at MDL for many years, since 2010, so long I no longer remember if there was a hassle back when I signed up. I just wanted to say that I have NEVER gotten a single email from them for any reason whatsoever. With that experience, I wouldn't worry about getting spammed by them. also, AFAIK, there are many members from here that are also members there, so overall I trust them and their website.

41 minutes ago, bphlpt said:

I wouldn't worry about getting spammed by them. also, AFAIK, there are many members from here that are also members there, so overall I trust them and their website.

More subtle way of monetizing personal information are quite commonplace right now, so I second bphlpt ;)

Posted (edited)
On 11/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, prsa01 said:

Could someone please detail (or provide a link) to the process for doing updates via the update catalog for win7 (POSready) after the EOS?

When I go to the site and search on "POSready" or "windows 7 posready" and sort by date the updates are all quite old.

If I search on "embedded" I get entries similar to:

2019-10 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Embedded Standard 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4519976)

Will these types of updates work for a Win7 pro 64 bit with media center installed?

Thanks much!

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Windows+Embedded+Standard+7+2019

page 2

Edited by Sampei.Nihira
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, Mcinwwl said:

Yep, but I want that BUT without everything else that differs Win7 from Win8 ;)

On 11/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, Jody Thornton said:

OK - so BESIDES the Metro interface and the Start Screen and the lack of the Start Menu - because Classic Shell takes care of ALL OF THAT, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are nearly identical; they really are.  Moreso, I can put on an Aero-like Visual Style, that makes it sooooo Windows 7-like.

I just wish people would realize that  :)

Has anyone tried this method?

Enable The Classic Start Menu in Windows 8

How To Enable The Original Start Menu In Windows 8 / Disable Metro UI

I have to admit I never paid much attention to Windows 8 because of Metro. Microsoft should have included a way to toggle between Classic Desktop and Metro in Folder Options or at least educate users about the registry hack. It would have saved them and users a lot of aggravation.

That hack was just in pre-release builds.