Return of the Legend?

Dave-H

Yeah, instead of taking the old OS and giving it a modern look (lots of win8/10 visual styles for XP and even RP 9.7 floating around), the old OS should be updated with support for the newest hardware and win32 APIs. I want a UEFI bootloader and full GPT support in an x64 build of win2k, which I would wait in a ten-mile line to buy. But that really can't be shown off in a flashy video.

I've never figured out Micro$oft's attitude toward UI styles.

From Win 3 through Win 7, it was a progression toward more and more complex, "flashy," and CPU/GPU-intensive graphics. (My personal "comfort zone" was reached with Win 98, and my Win 7 setups still look that way.)

Then came the "Metro" interface, and everything changed. It was almost like going back to Win 3.1 and the Program Mangler!

Maybe M$ was trying to retarget Windows at systems with less graphics horsepower than modern desktop PCs, such as tablets and smart phones. IIRC the Surface and Windows Phones started coming out around that time....

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

IIRC the Surface and Windows Phones started coming out around that time....

M$ just wanted to get people to buy their failed Lumia phones thus the crap UI and missing start button or classic startup menu.

time has proven they were wrong because they ended up switchig over to Andoid OS.... and now Chrome based browser too