Jump to content

My browser builds (part 2)


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, sparty411 said:

Which adblocker are NewMoon27 users using?

AdBlock Latitude 5.0.8, as mentioned by @Sampei.Nihira, and NoScript 5.1.9.

Both are working fine with the latest release of NM27.

kind regards

soggi

Edited by soggi
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2020 at 8:57 AM, Dylan Cruz said:

What's the big deal with skipping this commit anyway? Isn't New Moon a lot of selective commits from upstream anyways? Nobody's obligated to integrate all their commits.

Personally, I am a big fan of my New Moon and MailNews and am not ready for "Browser"! :no:

Isn't the default in Android called "Browser"?

As for skipping commits, ask the Linux and BSD folks (people who know what they are doing) about the subject,rather than Tobin and that bunch.

Basically, under open source licenses you're not obligated to integrate commits or anything else you don't want in your work as long as you are in compliance with the license.

 

 

 

Edited by Omntech
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

:thumbup

22 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Using uBlock Origin 1.16.4.20 here.

Hey, don't you have an Athlon XP setup? I've been out of the Windows XP scene for a little bit, and I can't remember how I had tuned my user.js to get GPU acceleration working in New Moon 27 SSE. Would you mind sharing yours?

20 hours ago, VistaLover said:

uB0-legacy now targets at least a Mozilla 45 compatible platform, so it remains compatible with FxESR 45, UXP-based browsers (NM28, Serpent 52.9.0), as well as Serpent 55.0/Moebius, but compatibility with Tycho-based browsers (NM27) is, sadly, lost... :}

The very last stable version that is compatible with NM27 is 1.16.4.21 :

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy/releases/tag/firefox-legacy-1.16.4.21

I prefer myself uB0 to the AdBlock Plus family of content blockers (not least because the latter consume far more RAM), but it is true that v1.16.4.21 will remain onwards in an unmaintained state, while, OTOH, several useful filter lists now target recent versions of content blockers and, as such, employ more recent code formats/syntax that, unfortunately, the combination of NM27+uB0-1.16.4.21 can't cope with any more... So expect, over time, uB0-1.16.4.21 to become less efficient in its designated blocking tasks... :(

I don't use myself NM27 quite often, but when I do (and for the specific sites I visit with it), uB0-1.16.4.21 serves me well for the time being... ;)

Ah, well, that's alright. Nothing lasts forever I suppose. For the time being, ABL seems to be getting the job done quite well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 4:19 AM, IXOYE said:

Hi

I got the same error under xp sp2 in the latest version of serpent (Basilisk) 52 , this one occurs randomly after playing full screen video.:wacko:

2020-09-24_002010.png

Hey there, @IXOYE

Are you still getting this error? After the latest build, I'm still getting that same error. 

"0x01aedbc6" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"

So, I've yet again, rolled back to Build ID: 20200904161558 and it doesn't happen?!

Perhaps, @roytam1
...you can chime in and offer some insight on this, when you have the time; of course.

And again, thanks for the hard work you do :)

Edited by sal here
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sal here said:

Hey there, @IXOYE

Are you still getting this error? After the latest build, I'm still getting that same error. 

"0x01aedbc6" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"

So, I've yet again, rolled back to Build ID: 20200904161558 and it doesn't happen?!

Perhaps, @roytam1
...you can chime in and offer some insight on this, when you have the time; of course.

And again, thanks for the hard work you do :)

no clue whats happening here, I'll try to reproduce it if possible.

and my family is preparing for renovating the flat we're living, and have to move out from it for few months. While having $dayjob, and started packing up thingies, there is not enough time for bugfixing. and hopefully it won't interrupt download service for long time.

Edited by roytam1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sparty411 said:

Hey, don't you have an Athlon XP setup? I've been out of the Windows XP scene for a little bit, and I can't remember how I had tuned my user.js to get GPU acceleration working in New Moon 27 SSE. Would you mind sharing yours?

Well, i don't recall doing anything special. The support page says:

Quote

GPU Accelerated Windows    0/1 Basic (OMTC)

I've messed around a bit in the Pale Moon Commander options, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

6 hours ago, roytam1 said:

no clue whats happening here, I'll try to reproduce it if possible.

and my family is preparing for renovating the flat we're living, and have to move out from it for few months. While having $dayjob, and started packing up thingies, there is not enough time for bugfixing. and hopefully it won't interrupt download service for long time.

This is how the bug is constantly and repeatedly occurring on my computer.
I open basilisk 52, I go to this website of peertube instances: https://instances.joinpeertube.org/instances

then I choose any instance and launch a video. I watch the video for a few seconds and close the instance tab of the video to go back to the instance list tab to choose another instance. By moving the mouse cursor over the list, after a few seconds the bug occurs every time.

basilisk 52 is portable-loading. with "ublock origin" as the only add-on...on xp2

2020-09-28_092122.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

This is how the bug is constantly and repeatedly occurring on my computer.
I open basilisk 52, I go to this website of peertube instances: https://instances.joinpeertube.org/instances

then I choose any instance and launch a video. I watch the video for a few seconds and close the instance tab of the video to go back to the instance list tab to choose another instance. By moving the mouse cursor over the list, after a few seconds the bug occurs every time.

basilisk 52 is portable-loading. with "ublock origin" as the only add-on...on xp2

2020-09-28_092122.png

for XP SP2, since it is not officially supported by Microsoft Visual C/C++ runtime libraries, I can't really do much. I can test on XP SP3 machine by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

for XP SP2, since it is not officially supported by Microsoft Visual C/C++ runtime libraries, I can't really do much. I can test on XP SP3 machine by the way.

XP x64 SP2 is probably meant, but I could be wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IXOYE said:

I open basilisk 52, I go to this website of peertube instances: https://instances.joinpeertube.org/instances

then I choose any instance and launch a video. I watch the video for a few seconds and close the instance tab of the video to go back to the instance list tab to choose another instance. By moving the mouse cursor over the list, after a few seconds the bug occurs every time.

can't reproduce here

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, roytam1, for your attention on this issue. And we understand that you'll be busy between your job and moving, so take your time, its not that big of a deal; not for me anyway.

As I said.. It doesn't occur in Build ID 20200904161558.. so I'll just stick with that for the time being :)

Have a good one!

 

Edited by sal here
Link to post
Share on other sites

same problem here on NM28XP 32 bit , XP SP3.
Faulting application palemoon.exe, version 4.6.0.7559, faulting module xul.dll, version 4.6.0.7559, fault address 0x007dfc66.
open an instance , play video , close instance.
select another , play video , appcrash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rereser said:

Faulting application palemoon.exe, version 4.6.0.7559, faulting module xul.dll, version

This was a problem I was seeing months ago with UXP but no one else was apparently at the time. Now I'm getting occasional sudden crashes/shutdowns, sometimes with the error box beforehand. I'm suspecting these crashes may be hardware or addon related.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 3:02 AM, roytam1 said:

Thanks for building this time with the " --disable-accessibility"  flag... :thumbup

On 9/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, rereser said:

NM28XP 32 bit 26/9 latest release breaks this add-on.
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/downloads-window/
downloads still work but the separate download window remains empty.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, Proteus said:

It seems that the native downloads popup page is also broken. Downward arrow in the toolbar (showing "Display the progress..." after mouse hover) does not respond to the mouse click to open current or previous downloads. In addition, menu item "Downloads Ctr+J" shows empty downloads page in the opened Library.

I had commented:

On 9/26/2020 at 8:58 PM, VistaLover said:

@roytam1 : About the (native) Downloads library window (pop-up) being broken (which takes with it the Downloads Window extension), I'd start by taking a look at:

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/68ed744bb6052300e9b769c4b73570c2f22b6362

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/f8c9d784db842be0969c2f7e79eb29b40e519696

Perhaps upstream have inadvertently broken it, they have yet to produce official builds (unstable PM, Basilisk) with the changes merged-in, <redacted>... :dubbio:

Upon testing, it appears that the latest Serpent 52.9.0 (32-bit) (BuildID=20200925161000) remains unaffected by that bug, which is, hence, only manifested in latest New Moon 28.10.2a1 (32-bit) (BuildID=20200925153118); but my initial assessment was correct :yes: ;) - upstream commit

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/commit/9f56811e04ef4703aec82ba6a7c712e50c7667c0

was indeed the one that broke the native downloads manager... Moonchild became aware and later authored:

[downloads] Correct and simplify host handling.
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/commit/fd30b23a0dfa2373539b348519aa9864976b46dd

... but, alas, it came too late for "us" :(, that one was not included in

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commits/custom

when latest NM28 was compiled...

I have confirmed that the "fix" works as intended, restoring the functionality of the native NM28 Downloads Manager, as well as the functionality of the (legacy) Downloads Window extension several users (including yours truly :P) have installed...

I understand, your spare time allowing ;), that the fix will be included in next Saturday's released builds, in the interim I have taken the liberty of modifying and uploading a patched omni.ja file latest NM28 users could download to regain lost functionality:

omni.ja

https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/lAv8DFrY/file.html

It should be placed inside

"./palemoon/browser/"

overwriting original omni.ja file (or you could rename/back-it-up first, e.g. as omni.ja.BAD) ; hope I've helped! :)

Edited by VistaLover
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...