My Browser Builds (Part 2)

6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Thomas Rientjes has updated on April 19 his Decentraleyes extension also for Pale Moon

Thanks! :thumbup ; the updated extension can be downloaded from APMO:

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/decentraleyes/

or from author's repo:

https://git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes/-/releases/v1.4.3

However, it being a Jetpack SDK (restartless) "legacy" extension, its days of being hosted on APMO are, sadly, numbered :(: M.A.T is determined to remove official PM's support for jetpack extensions and, eventually, purge APMO from already included ones... :angry:

On 1/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, ClassicNick said:

Would it be possible to do a build of Firefox 3.x that lacks application.ini?

It doesn't seem like reliance on application.ini is a problem, but the some of the code in "nsINIParser.cpp" (located in xpcom\glue) doesn't work on Windows 9x. I replaced the file with the one in RetroZilla, which allows Firefox to get past the "Couldn't load application.ini" error on Windows 9x, but still doesn't load. Here is the commit: https://github.com/ClassicNick/fx36oldwin/commit/389cadfb85c36d92fd37a1a41f17cab96d3ba1a6  

On 4/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, kartel said:

I'm on the latest NM28 and I'm having trouble with google drive.

No luck here in old or new versions of NM27, NM28, BNavigator, and MyPal 27.9.4.

I don't know how to "prove" that it is Chrome-Only, but I can only perform your cited task in a Chrome-based browser.

Sorry, I tried to help you out.

"it is what it is"...

2 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

FWIW, Google Drive works fine in current versions of Firefox

... With all due respect, "current" Firefox, as in ex "Firefox Quantum" (v>56), now "Firefox Browser" (latest is v88.0), is but a mere "Chromium" fork itself in so many ways under the hood/bonnet, that only its front-end somehow differentiates it from "proper" Google Chrome :P ; in what is known as "Google-parity" among Mozilla devs, they have been constantly aping all "Chrome-isms" over the last years to the point I, myself, consider current Firefox as yet another Chromium clone...
FWIW, I have been following Firefox's "progression" ("regression", if you ask me :angry: ...) quite closely over the last decade or so, having been a Nightly Tester with a Bugzilla account since Firefox v21 ...

So, I'm not really taken aback that Google Drive does work "fine in current versions of Firefox" ;), I'll have to side with @ArcticFoxie on this: Google make sure "their" Services work best/exclusively on Chromium derivatives and current Firefox can be considered as being one of them...

Another case in point is the Google-owned Widevine CDM, which currently only works in "Chromium" browsers and current Firefox; in fact, Firefox's implementation of WV is almost identical to the one in Chrome, so much so that when Moonchild tried to backport it to official Basilisk 52/UXP, he failed miserably; that "pure" Chromium code was impossible to adapt to Fx52esr derived UXP, as a result, Basilisk is being shipped with broken WV since August 2019 (!) :angry: ; MCP's plan is to remove WV support altogether from that browser :( ...

Cheers :)

Pale Moon 29.2.0 will be released on April 29.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=213409&sid=1c34a77e96560ee41145acdfe68ff8cc#p213409

In order to avoid some trick of the "diabolic couple" I have modified my extensions, now all installed extensions have the wording:

"This add-on directly targets New Moon"

100.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... With all due respect, "current" Firefox, as in ex "Firefox Quantum" (v>56), now "Firefox Browser" (latest is v88.0), is but a mere "Chromium" fork itself in so many ways under the hood/bonnet, that only its front-end somehow differentiates it from "proper" Google Chrome :P ; in what is known as "Google-parity" among Mozilla devs, they have been constantly aping all "Chrome-isms" over the last years to the point I, myself, consider current Firefox as yet another Chromium clone...
FWIW, I have been following Firefox's "progression" ("regression", if you ask me :angry: ...) quite closely over the last decade or so, having been a Nightly Tester with a Bugzilla account since Firefox v21 ...

So, I'm not really taken aback that Google Drive does work "fine in current versions of Firefox" ;), I'll have to side with @ArcticFoxie on this: Google make sure "their" Services work best/exclusively on Chromium derivatives and current Firefox can be considered as being one of them...

So is Firefox 88 actually now a Chromium browser, or is it just aping a Chromium browser?
I thought the Mozilla devs were still working with their own engine, not now using Chromium code.
if the latter is the case, that's really sad.
:(