My Browser Builds (Part 2)

19 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm using the PaleMoon/28.10.3a1 - Build ID: 20210218230304.

My C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp folder is empty even after posting and logging in to a few sites upon closing the browser.

I'm not sure if my prefs are helping me with this, but here they are just in case.

user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.connectivityData", true);
user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.offlineApps", true);
user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.passwords", true);
user_pref("privacy.clearOnShutdown.siteSettings", true);
user_pref("privacy.firstparty.isolate", true);
user_pref("privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs", true);
user_pref("privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown", true);
user_pref("privacy.sanitize.timeSpan", 0);
user_pref("privacy.userContext.ui.enabled", true);

EDIT:

The only file remaining on my system upon closing the browser, is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\PROFILE\startupCache:

startupCache.4.little [1.65 MB] Upon examination, it appears to contain nonsense and I don't see any personal information within it ?

privacy.firstparty.isolate was added with FF55 so it does not work with NM28.

Also privacy.userContext.ui.enabled is not available in NM28.

In order to clean StartupCache you could make the modification that I have inserted some time ago in CCleaner:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178378-ccleaner-mailnews-new-moon/?tab=comments#comment-1163230

[Mozilla Startup Cache *]

The setting works with the initial requirements of the topic.

I did a cleanup with CCleaner for Pale Moon (which is seen as Firefox) to default values.
Then I activated Startup Cache:

100.jpg

There are 4 files.

P.S.

@ to all

Forgive my absence from the forum, but on Sunday my father who we will call (Grandpa Ippei Nihira) is died.:(

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

21 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

startupCache.4.little [1.65 MB] Upon examination, it appears to contain nonsense and I don't see any personal information within it ?

It's a zip archive containing files from currently installed Firefox extensions. It is created to make the browser startup faster.  There is NO private info there. If you delete it on your browser close, it will be created again on the browser start, so deleting is just a waste of time.

However, you may need to delete the startup cache it if you have problems with some extension or if you hack extensions on your own.

8 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

privacy.firstparty.isolate was added with FF55 so it does not work with NM28.

Also privacy.userContext.ui.enabled is not available in NM28.

In order to clean StartupCache you could make the modification that I have inserted some time ago in CCleaner:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178378-ccleaner-mailnews-new-moon/?tab=comments#comment-1163230

[Mozilla Startup Cache *]

The setting works with the initial requirements of the topic.

I did a cleanup with CCleaner for Pale Moon (which is seen as Firefox) to default values.
Then I activated Startup Cache:

100.jpg

There are 4 files.

P.S.

@ to all

Forgive my absence from the forum, but on Sunday my father who we will call (Grandpa Ippei Nihira) is died.:(

Thank u for letting me know that I've still got some invalid prefs I've been carrying around that aren't valid with New Moon or Serpent.

Please accept my deepest condolences re your father :(

Edited by XPerceniol

<OT>

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Please accept my deepest condolences re your father :(

32 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

My deepest sympathies are with you at this difficult time.:(

@Sampei.Nihira : May God rest his soul and forgive all of his sins... As we say here in Greece, I wish him a "good paradise" ...

</OT>

Edited by VistaLover

@Sampei.Nihira

My heartfelt condolences on your loss.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:25 AM, roytam1 said:

The Inspector in dev tools looks empty.

Reverting to the previous build fixed it here.

Edited by RainyShadow

One of the best addons for youtube, Enhancer for YouTube finally got updated to 2.0.103. He put a strict min version of 68.0 but by chance I lowered it to 52.0 and tried it in UXP and it works perfectly, every setting that I can tell. There’s quite a few changes too.

1 minute ago, DanR20 said:

One of the best addons for youtube, Enhancer for YouTube finally got updated to 2.0.103. He put a strict min version of 68.0 but by chance I lowered it to 52.0 and tried it in UXP and it works perfectly, every setting that I can tell. There’s quite a few changes too.

> WebExtension

> UXP

This is not fine

14 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

As far as I know, no UXP browser should be able to use WebExtensions

Roy kept that for his builds. Enhancer for YouTube is the only one I have and it works well with Serpent.