My Browser Builds (Part 2)

13 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

What's the SFN userscript?
Is it for downloading video's?

8 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Probably SaveFrom.net

Posted about it previously in 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1195339

On 2/8/2021 at 2:08 AM, VistaLover said:

You can download videos and images from selected sites only, namely: 

P5q6yrz.jpg

These are local downloads, no on-line service is being used (i.e. you fetch straight from yt servers) ... MPEG-DASH streams also supported, either via downloading separate V+A streams and then manually merging them into a compatible container via your local copy of FFmpeg, or via an experimental alpha feature, where the merge is managed by the script itself... 

Since practically no legacy "youtube" extensions currently present inside CAA work anymore, SFN-userscript+GM4PM is an elegant and still working yt video downloader for NM27 :yes:

DISCLAIMERS: 
1. I don't own an SSE-only CPU, so can't possibly tell beforehand whether it works on such hardware...
2. The script is somewhat resource-heavy, especially when extracting the download links, very weak CPUs may struggle... 
3. For anyone fearful of everything Russian (and the no-longer, at least by that name, existing KGB :whistle:...), this is indeed a Russian project... :sneaky:

Best regards ("big freeze" already here in Northern Greece... :( )

EDIT: Another YT userscript I have installed is YouTube Links , but this one requires at least UXP browsers (e.g. NM28/St52;)

Edited by VistaLover

4 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

You can download videos and images from selected sites only

I use yt-dlp (fork of youtube-dl), which supports downloading from more than 1000 supported sites and from a lot of unsupported sites with the generic extractor.

I integrated it in the browser context menu with the help of the "Open With" extension (can be obtained via CAA).

Very convenient!

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

EDIT: Another YT userscript I have installed is YouTube Links , but this one requires at least UXP browsers (e.g. NM28/St52;)

But that one requires you to manually combine the video and audio streams with ffmpeg, which yt-dlp does automagically...

B.t.w., if you need ffmpeg for Windows XP/Vista, you can use the one from here, made by a compatriot of mine. :)

On DASH videos (Adaptive Video Streaming)

YouTube now uses adaptive video streaming for 480p and 1080p videos (Oct 2013). What this means is that the video and audio streams are now separate.

They are indicated as M4V and M4A. They have to be downloaded separately and mux'ed before playing. If using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i vid.m4v -i vid.m4a -vcodec copy -acodec copy vid.mp4

The filename is always videoplayback. Before saving, select and copy the page title first. Then right-click on the video link, save-as and paste the title. Set the extension to either m4v or m4a to distinguish between video and audio.

Edited by nicolaasjan

6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Video DownloadHelper 6.3.1 can also be useful

... Does it work on NM27?

6 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

I use yt-dlp

But that one requires you to manually combine the video and audio streams with ffmpeg, which yt-dlp does automagically...

It would be unfair to compare browser extensions and/or userscripts to standalone CLI/GUI dedicated downloaders, wouldn't it? ;) 
I, for one, have been an avid user/proponent of the original yt-dl CLI app, and have recommended it before in these threads without reservations (and it's an added bonus for XP users that it still supports the OS, because the devs build the Windows binary on py3.4.4)... 
I'm also fully aware of the existence of the yt-dl forks, yt-dlc (now abandoned) and yt-dlp (formerly/briefly yt-dld - fork of yt-dlc), that became prominent when (USA based) RIAA issued a DMCA takedown against yt-dl on GitHub... :angry: I currently use either one of yt-dl/yt-dlp (the latter has some teething issues still. also some quirks I'm not yet familiar with), for Live streams I also use streamlink (officially supported only on Win7+, but with some custom fixes (py3.7) would also run under Vista SP2 - no XP support at all is currently possible :(). 

if you need ffmpeg for Windows XP/Vista, you can use the one from here, made by a compatriot of mine. :)

I'm also fully aware :) - the XP and Vista 32-bit communities owe a great debt to @Reino  :wub: (previously aka @CoRoNe) for his 32-bit builds - especially now that the Zeranoe repos/forums have vanished into thin air and the other Windows-binary providers are ONLY compiling/offering 64-bit ffmpeg builds...  :realmad:

Kind regards :)

Edited by VistaLover

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

I, for one, have been an avid user/proponent of the original yt-dl CLI app

While we're on it and if I may... also my hobby project Xivid has basic support for Youtube. It primarily focuses on Dutch websites (language is also Dutch), but the Youtube-extractor should work for you too I believe. For example:

xivid.bat -j "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<id>"

15 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Does it work on NM27?

The minimum version of FF is 36, so it also works with NM27.
With my NM28 I have no problems.
Unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken (I don't download video/audio from YT with my pc but I use my Android smartphone) it doesn't work anymore with the recent changes of YT.
But with other streaming video platforms it works great.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

For the most part, my observations in testing Bailisk 52 is that the first in a "4.x" series performs better than the last in a "4.x" series - but I did not look for ouliers between the first and last.

Quite interesting. Unfortunately I don't seem able to download anything earlier than 2020-09. Thanks, ArticFoxie.

2 hours ago, ClassicNick said:

@roytam1 Do you want to include a mozconfig file with the source code of your browser builds?

goto about:buildconfig and have a look?

and source code repos are already on github.

Edited by roytam1

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Quite interesting. Unfortunately I don't seem able to download anything earlier than 2020-09. Thanks, ArticFoxie.

That's because of a domain name change, o.rths.ml was the previously used domain, and there are other older domains. You can just replace it with o.rthost.win, and the downloads should work

Software WebGL1 on Windows XP, for non-OpenGL2.0 video cards (MX440, Radeon 9250, GMA....)

spacer.png

download opengl32.dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4hr7voppxcxpqq8/opengl32.dll

or

MESA OpenGL Software Renderer http://trixarian.net/Chell/

opengl32.dll drag in folder ..... C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (or another browser)

In about:config

webgl.disable-angle - true

webgl.force-enabled - true

gfx.prefer-mesa-llvmpipe - false https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1193695

Edited by grey_rat

Attention please, "previously used domain" link (....ml) it serves the malware, don't click on it, if you don't have enough defenses....
I think all "previously used domain" (....ml) links should be removed from msfn.org.

Edited by msfntor

Regarding video downloading extensions, Ant Video Downloader is another one. It requires FFmpeg, user must point it to ffmpeg.exe, then the download is just two clicks away; click on its toolbar button and select one of the detected video streams on the website.

Video DownloadHelper 6.3.1 still works good for twitter and dailymotion but not the new youtube layout, for that I use VLC Player. First you have to get the video streaming then from Tools/Media Information on the bottom where it says Location that’s a direct link to the video. Just plug that in to your address bar and it will start downloading.

Thanks to those who linked to the other addons, I’m going to try those as well.