My Browser Builds (Part 2)

New regular/weekly KM-Goanna release:
https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon/KM76.3.1-Goanna-20210206.7z

Changelog:

Out-of-tree changes:
* update Goanna3 to git 126891b20..9ecd7c73b:
- import changes from `dev' branch of rmottola/Arctic-Fox:
 - Backout a6dbd23da598 (bug 1139283) since it is currently not needed. (198e8a831)
 - Bug 1168242 - Simplify the logic in nsDisplayTransform::GetResultingTransformMatrixInternal. r=mattwoodrow (e521f8d70)
 - Bug 1156393 - Cache nsDisplayBorder bounds. r=roc (1908a4347)
 - Bug 1159053 - Cache SVG getBBox and objectBoundingBox calculations for better performance. r=heycam (7e4c64f0e)
 - Bug 923193, part 1 - Avoid calculation of the reference box for transforms unless they're actually needed. r=roc (b22a65280)
 - Bug 923193 - Avoid calling GetDeltaToPerspectiveOrigin for elements that don't have perspective. r=heycam (c964ee840)
 - Bug 923193, part 2 - Add a pref for supporting 'transform-origin' in SVG. r=heycam (569e56b07)
 - Bug 923193, part 3 - Add the style system code to support the 'transform-box' property. r=heycam (0f4052ac9)
 - Bug 889085 - Make sheets styled with '-moz-appearance: dialog;' vibrant/semi-transparent. r=mstange, roc. (60ecc9d4f)
 - Bug 1163878 (Part 1) - Add an IsImageContainerAvailable method to imgIContainer. r=tn (979baab3f)
 - Bug 1163878 (Part 2) - Use IsImageContainerAvailable() when making layerization decisions and only call GetImageContainer() if we layerize. r=tn (65fdf9cf9)
 - Bug 1163878 (Followup) - Fix a warning about implicit conversion of nullptr to bool in FrameLayerBuilder on a CLOSED TREE. r=me (f41597972)
 - Bug 1168245 - Remove some code that appears to make no sense from nsDisplayTransform::GetDeltaToTransformOrigin. r=mattwoodrow (296b96eb7)
 - Bug 923193, part 4 - Implement support for the 'transform-origin' property in SVG. r=heycam (eac8cced1)
 - Bug 923193, part 5 - Tests for the 'transform-origin' and 'transform-box' properties in SVG. r=heycam (8053d538b) (6fd9a3930)
- import changes from `dev' branch of rmottola/Arctic-Fox:
 - Bug 1131308 (part 0) - Fix minor problems with RemovingIterator. r=froydnj. (5c232c9ca)
 - Bug 1176163 - Remove remaining uses of PL_DHashTableEnumerate() from xpcom/. r=froydnj. (bd2478b3a)
 - Bug 1179657 - Remove PL_DHASHMETER. r=froydnj. (30f581478)
 - Bug 1131308 (part 1) - Improve PLDHashTable's internal checking. r=froydnj. (faba4a3b9)
 - Bug 1180084 - Convert TestPLDHash.cpp to a gtest. r=froydnj. (de6ee3c5c)
 - Bug 1171578 - Avoid crashing if indexedDB is used at a particular point in the worker shutdown sequence, r=baku. (f325c218e)
 - Bug 804975 - Part 1: Expose WritingMode bits. r=dbaron (0635d01dd)
 - Bug 1072101 - Part 1: Implement FontFaceSet.size. r=peterv (7e0b4848a)
 - Bug 1144977 - Part 1: Don't include FontFace objects in more than one loadingdone/loadingerror event. r=jdaggett (4d10b3269)
 - Bug 1072101 - Part 2: Implement FontFaceSet.{entries,values}. r=peterv (1c636f4f1)
 - Bug 1072101 - Part 3: Implement FontFaceSet.forEach. r=peterv (842a5cdbe)
 - Bug 1072101 - Part 4: Implement FontFaceSet.{keys,@@iterator}. r=peterv (4dfb3afe9)
 - Bug 1072101 - Part 5: Remove indexed property access on FontFaceSet. r=peterv (edef47d70)
 - Bug 1072101 - Unified build fix; no review. (7c1538f6c)
 - Bug 861449 - Incremental css::Rule destroyer. r=dbaron (5e60f4394)
 - Bug 1175800 - Remove typedefs from nsComputedDOMStyle.cpp as they interfere with others under unified compilation. r=bzbarsky (2bd45e7ed)
 - Bug 1147766 - Part 1: Add a mozilla::RangedArray class, for fixed length arrays with a non-zero base index. r=waldo (42be428bc)
 - Bug 1147766 - Part 2: Replace FixedStyleStructArray with mozilla::RangedArray. r=dbaron (4d28a0a5e)
 - Bug 1171282 - Avoid some unnecessary |operator new| null-checks in layout/. r=dholbert. (60e1690c1)
 - Bug 1168664 - Stop mistakenly using the transform reference box's width to calculate the Z component in ProcessMatrix3D. r=mattwoodrow (18f9021b1)
 - Bug 1171842 - Use jump table instead of nested if statements for peeking compute function of style struct. r=dbaron (a5160b962)
 - Bug 1170173 - Parse CSS 'contain' property. r=dholbert (3d8a37dee)
 - Bug 1144607 part 1 - Remove CounterStyleManager::BuildCounterStyle for anonymous counter styles. r=dbaron (331397d01)
 - Bug 1144607 part 2 - Support string value for list-style-tyle. r=dbaron (0b4bca0c7)
 - Bug 1144607 part 3 - Reftests for string value on list-style-type. r=dbar

(truncated, see blog post for whole list)

Edited by roytam1

@ArcticFoxie , @we3fan

Being signed-in, just load: 

https://msfn.org/board/attachments/

There you'll see that as a "free" MSFN member, you're only entitled to a maximum size of ca. 2MB of file attachments:

Z2eUiBT.jpg

I can't seem to be able to find the link now, but, AIUI, once you make significant donation(s) and/or become an MSFN sponsor, that attachment quota may be upped, but, as @UCyborg said, the best thing to do is use external image/media/text hosters and use here just the "Forum share" links... :P

Edited by VistaLover

VistaLover said:
the best thing to do is use external image/media/text hosters and use here just the "Forum share" links

I've come to the opposite conclusion over the years. Sadly most files at external hosters tend to get lost very soon, while forum attachments survive as long as the forums. Unless of course, if some users exchange them all the time for lack of space.
Perhaps a mixed strategy would be best, external hosters for only temporarily interesting stuff, and forum hosting for longterm important screenshots. And of course, I keep seeing tons of giant full-screen shots which could easily be cropped to the relevant parts.

(Little plea: everyone using those &%$ embedded iframes for crossposting, I mean linking between 2 msfn posts, please consider adding additionally a plain normal link. Otherwise such links are completely invisible and inaccessible for lots of users, especially with older versions)

(bugtest edit-4)
. Edited by siria

What a PAIN IN THE BUTTINSKI !!!

I uploaded an image to Google Drive then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I uploaded an image to never-used/never-needed Google Photos then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I uploaded to a seldom-used OneDrive after spending half an hour to track down the password then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I unfroze a Dropbox account that I haven't used since 2016 then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I'll try the MSFN My Attachments route, but that used to be "automatic", you used to be able to just copy/drag an image into your post and then the image would go to My Attachments automatically.

Again, in closing, What A Pain  :(

update: waste of time, you can't "upload" to My Attachments and then link to that in a post.

Just what EXACTLY external image hosters WORK - because I'm not about to spend HOURS trying DOZENS just to find ONE that works!   </end frustration>

Edited by ArcticFoxie

54 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

What a PAIN IN THE BUTTINSKI !!!

I uploaded an image to Google Drive then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I uploaded an image to never-used/never-needed Google Photos then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I uploaded to a seldom-used OneDrive after spending half an hour to track down the password then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I unfroze a Dropbox account that I haven't used since 2016 then attempted to insert into a post - DID NOT WORK!

I'll try the MSFN My Attachments route, but that used to be "automatic", you used to be able to just copy/drag an image into your post and then the image would go to My Attachments automatically.

Again, in closing, What A Pain  :(

update: waste of time, you can't "upload" to My Attachments and then link to that in a post.

Just what EXACTLY external image hosters WORK - because I'm not about to spend HOURS trying DOZENS just to find ONE that works!   </end frustration>

I think catbox.moe works, doesn't require any accounts and you can upload relatively large files

2 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Dropbox links still work, but only after you modify them like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjkrwoupc5vr4sx/screenshot_test.png?dl=0

Has to be changed to:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zjkrwoupc5vr4sx/screenshot_test.png

Has to be clicked on however; doesn't display.

And then do "insert image from URL".

spacer.png

Edited by nicolaasjan

On 2/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

you can't "upload" to My Attachments and then link to that in a post.

Have you verified in 

https://msfn.org/board/attachments/

that you still have eligible attachments space? The cumulative size of your MSFN file attachments must not exceed 1.95MB... :(

On 2/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

Just what EXACTLY external image hosters WORK

I use imgur myself: 

https://imgur.com/upload

NB: if you prefer the older GUI, much lenient on older hardware, create the following two cookie files

{
	"domain": ".imgur.com",
	"expirationDate": 3808238400.6028,
	"hostOnly": false,
	"httpOnly": false,
	"name": "frontpagebetav2",
	"path": "/",
	"sameSite": "unspecified",
	"secure": false,
	"session": false,
	"storeId": "0",
	"value": "0"
}

{
	"domain": ".imgur.com",
	"expirationDate": 3808238400.6028,
	"hostOnly": false,
	"httpOnly": false,
	"name": "postpagebeta",
	"path": "/",
	"sameSite": "unspecified",
	"secure": false,
	"session": false,
	"storeId": "0",
	"value": "0"
}

then import and protect them via a cookie extension (several exist); once the photo upload succeeds, from the opened page choose Copy -> Get Share links -> BBCode (Forums) -> Copy : 

[img=https://i.imgur.com/uosmAtz.jpg]

uosmAtz.jpg

However, I suspect many of your issues are caused by your use of NM27, which isn't fully compatible with MSFN 2021... :(

Edited by VistaLover

On 11/29/2020 at 12:31 AM, bernd said:

Hi Roy,

your latest NM27 release (20201128) makes the highly popular German "TV on demand" search page "https://mediathekviewweb.de" (MediathekViewWeb) stop functioning.

The "cookie consent"-overlay does't show up as it was (and still is) with the former releases.

Will you please look into this issue. Thanks.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, bernd said:

Roy,

sorry to report to you that your latest release does not solve the issue.

Please revert or modify respectively the changes you made under the hood as from the NM-20201128-build regarding the "cookie consent (overlay)" / JS treatment, so to speak.

All the former releases work flawlessly in that matter. Thanks and happy St. Nick's Day.

Roy, all your subsequent releases after version: 27.9.7 (32-bit) (2020-11-20) fail to display this very web page. So I'm forced to stick with the old one and thus cannot benefit from your future releases.

Could anyone reproduce and approve that, please??

The attachment lists all types of items when the "cookie consent" shows up. That's all I can do...

blockable items.txt

Edited by bernd

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

However, I suspect many of your issues are caused by your use of NM27, which isn't fully compatible with MSFN 2021... :(

I no longer use NM27.

My browser usage is 98% 360Chrome version 13 build 2206, 1.5% BNavigator, and 0.5% Mypal 27.9.4.

I grew impatient of bugs in NM27 pointed out over two years ago still remaining unresolved.

And too much of the internet is so focused on "Chrome" that I felt it was finally time to jump on that bandwagon.

But only after extensive tests as I did not want to throw blind trust at anything Chinese or Russian.

Not to conjure up any images of Rocky Balboa versus Ivan Drago  :)

3 hours ago, bernd said:

Roy, all your subsequent releases after version: 27.9.7 (32-bit) (2020-11-20) fail to display this very web page. So I'm forced to stick with the old one and thus cannot benefit from your future releases.

Could anyone reproduce and approve that, please??

The attachment lists all types of items when the "cookie consent" shows up. That's all I can do...

blockable items.txt 2.07 kB · 2 downloads

I do notice this and reported to upstream