My Browser Builds (Part 2)

Hi

On 10/31/2020 at 12:04 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Since you live in Germany, my hunch is that you are being served different scripts than I am here in the States.

There is a problem with palemoon 27.9.7 2020/10/30 without add-on and new profile with the German website

Edited by IXOYE

Okay, German site crashes in Germany and in France.

I await to hear from anybody in the US where it crashes for them "here".

I stand by my diagnosis that I am being served a DIFFERENT script then folks on that side of the pond.

And the script that I am being served is NOT crashing the NEWEST NM27 (as I screencap'd earlier).

On 10/31/2020 at 3:20 AM, soggi said:

I also want to mirror the other builds, but I'm very confused by their names. What does "BOC", "HBL" or "UXP" mean, for example?

original name -> fork name
Pale Moon -> New Moon
Basilisk 52 -> Serpent (UXP)
Basilisk 55 -> Serpent (moebius)
MailNews -> BOC???
BNavigator -> BOC???
IceDove -> HBL???
IceApe -> HBL???

Is the name schema above correct? Did I forget something?

UXP (Unified XUL Platform) is the name of the platform on which several upstream and downstream (forks) projects are built...

Organisation: Moonchild Productions (MCP)
UXP applications: Pale Moon 28 (+29), Basilisk (52.9.*)

Organisation: Hyperbola (unofficial abbreviation: HBL)
UXP applications: Iceape-UXP+Icedove-UXP

Organisation: Binary Outcast (offical abbreviation: BinOC, unofficial abbreviation: BOC)
UXP applications: Borealis Navigator+Interlink Mail & News

Thus,
Basilisk/UXP -> Serpent 52.9.0
Basilisk/Moebius -> Serpent 55.0.0 (*)

Pale Moon 27/Tycho -> New Moon 27.9.x (*)
Pale Moon 28[/29]/UXP -> New Moon 28.10.x

Borealis Navigator/UXP -> BNavigator
Interlink Mail & News/UXP -> MailNews

The Hyperbola forks are meant to run only on said Linux distro, but roytam1 has forked them to compile and run on WinXP+...

(*): The Tycho and Moebius official platforms have long been deprecated (and also purged completely from official repositories :( ) , roytam1's forks currently use code from other projects to get updated...

Edited by VistaLover

@VistaLover  Thank you very much for the clarification!

14 hours ago, IXOYE said:

There is a problem with palemoon 27.9.7 2020/10/30 without add-on and new profile with the German website

Thanks for testing! Could you please also test YT, i.e. Édith Piaf - Non, Je ne regrette rien.

NM27-10-31_crash_YT.thumb.png.393fdb62a85b5bd1e9da787624a55aed.png

15 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Since you live in Germany, my hunch is that you are being served different scripts than I am here in the States.

12 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Okay, German site crashes in Germany and in France.

I await to hear from anybody in the US where it crashes for them "here".

I stand by my diagnosis that I am being served a DIFFERENT script then folks on that side of the pond.

And the script that I am being served is NOT crashing the NEWEST NM27 (as I screencap'd earlier).

The problem is, you didn't test under the same conditions - XP x64 instead of XPSP3 POSReady. And which version of NM27 have been tested with? So the value of your result is at least questionable.

6 hours ago, win32 said:

Yes, the domain changed recently. Try this: http://o.rthost.win/gpc/files1.rt/palemoon-26.5.0-20180718.win2000.7z

And if it isn't available there for any reason, you can also get it from my page (soggi.org - tools) @greenhillmaniac.

kind regards
soggi

Edited by soggi

6 hours ago, soggi said:

The problem is, you didn't test under the same conditions - XP x64 instead of XPSP3 POSReady. And which version of NM27 have been tested with? So the value of your result is at least questionable.

I already screencap'd that I'm using the same exact NM27 that you cite the crash.

I have jumped through every hoop I can think of in trying to reproduce this crash, including XP x86.

I simply can NOT reproduce this crash - and nobody else has chimed in to offer anything additional so I don't see anything additional that I can do, sorry.

2020-11-01_1-31-13.jpg

Added BNavigator, MailNews, Serpent 52 and Serpent 55 to the mirror -> soggi.org - tools!

57 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I already screencap'd that I'm using the same exact NM27 that you cite the crash.

I have jumped through every hoop I can think of in trying to reproduce this crash, including XP x86.

I simply can NOT reproduce this crash - and nobody else has chimed in to offer anything additional so I don't see anything additional that I can do, sorry.

On the last page you said that the screenshot is from your XP x64 build...

22 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

This is from my XP x64.  Did not test in my XP x86 (and most likely will not).

...and you still didn't test YT. We'll see if there is anyone else with this problem.

Kind regards
soggi

Edited by soggi

3 hours ago, soggi said:

On the last page you said that the screenshot is from your XP x64 build...

...and you still didn't test YT. We'll see if there is anyone else with this problem.

Including this one, I've done THREE screencaps - only the first was XP x64, the second two are XP x86.

I can NOT reproduce a crash for your YouTube link either.

Nobody else has chimed in one way or another, I at least TRIED to help  :huh:

2020-11-01_4-49-31.jpg

Something else: I wanted to thank you, Roytam, for making the New Moon browser available on Windows XP. It expands the lifespan of thousands of computers on this planet. This picture shows a 19 year old P3 with a weak 1 GHz processor running Windows XP, playing a Youtube video in 2020. Hopefully, people from countries with a less developed economy discover this, so they can use their XP machines much longer. Thanks to Roytam!

New Moon 5.gif

13 hours ago, soggi said:

@VistaLover  Thank you very much for the clarification!

Thanks for testing! Could you please also test YT, i.e. Édith Piaf - Non, Je ne regrette rien.

NM27-10-31_crash_YT.thumb.png.393fdb62a85b5bd1e9da787624a55aed.png

And if it isn't available there for any reason, you can also get it from my page (soggi.org - tools) @greenhillmaniac.

kind regards
soggi

alright I could create a crash here, but the code that crash occur is not changed for long time, I may need more time to debug.

Hi

14 hours ago, soggi said:

Yes, the problem exists on the Edith Piaf video, but also on youtube constantly and randomly with newmoon 27.9.7 2020/10/31 .:crazy: (no add-on and new profile, win x86 xp2)

No problem with the previous version 27.9.7 2020/10/24:yes:

2020-11-01_145935.thumb.png.6de042a8c50a1ebba40171602c4b422d.png

Edited by IXOYE

Interesting.

Should I feel glad or sad that it doesn't crash for me?

I kinda feel left out  :(

But with Roytam mentioning that area of code hasn't been touched in a while, that kind of bugs me.

Because it tells us that a "new patch" at one address DOES effect code in a totally different address.

Edited by ArcticFoxie