My Browser Builds (Part 2)

4 minutes ago, MintChocAero said:

@roytam1 Have you still got any form of personal infrastructure yet for a support forum or the likes (seeing what happened with Moonchild Manchild)? You don't need anything fancy, in fact go simple so that it doesn't tax resources.

like blogger's comments?

20 minutes ago, Jody Thornton said:

So is New Moon 28 dead in the water?  I was going to download an update for my folks, and all of these forum pages are difficult to decipher.

Thanks Guys!

:)

1st post of this thread should always have pointer to latest release, or you may check my software blog.

10 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable

Hopefully you didn't get it from some shady "Fix All Your DLL Problems" site...

Yeah, I know,

But vcredist_x86.exe refused to install on Windows 2000...

So I got the missing dll from:

https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr90.dll.html

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/92281334cf905c35e7c93dd526b5c199ea9823cd52922f55f14e3008f98cd4e1/detection

I know this site since Windows 98 and never had any problems with it.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:12 AM, roytam1 said:

the download server is up again, and feel free to mirror thingies on the server.

Thanks, roytam1!

I started mirroring Firefox 45ESR and New Moon 26.5 / 27 / 28 in the tools section of my website (https://soggi.org/misc/tools.htm), other builds may follow in the future. Hopefully the description is correct, let me know if not.

kind regards
soggi

Edited by soggi

Hi Roy,

the "bookmarks"-management in PM27 seems to be partly broken.

"Import", "backup" and "restore"-features for both "html" and "json" are not working correctly anymore.

The generated files are incomplete and thus too small.

May you look into this issue, please.

Big thanx to you.

2 minutes ago, bernd said:

Hi Roy,

the "bookmarks"-management in PM27 seems to be partly broken.

"Import", "backup" and "restore"-features for both "html" and "json" are not working correctly anymore.

The generated files are incomplete and thus too small.

May you look into this issue, please.

Big thanx to you.

will have a look later, thanks for reporting.

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

The files in my profile\bookmarkbackups folder are all barely 11KB in NM27, while almost identical bookmarks in Serpent52 result in about 417KB big files.

My oldest backup there is from 2020-07-29, so this bug must be older.

In another profile i have a 438KB file from 2020-06-15.

So, check the changes between 2020-06-13 and 2020-07-29 first.

13 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

So is New Moon 28 dead in the water?

No. It is some right-wingers from North American understanding of reality and what is Open Source and copyright is "dead in water".

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Roytam1, please also look at problem that i find - New Moon do not show pictures of products in thumbnail mode on popular site rozetka. But Serpent show it as it supposed to be. That problem now going for years. Here is example of page that Serpent show correctly, but New Moon does not show pictures of products:

https://rozetka.com.ua/ua/mugskie-krossovki/c4634865/producer=puma;sort=popularity/

On 9/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

v27 - about:permissions

Receive Push Notifications & Hide the Mouse Pointer options do not work

I would also argue that Receive Push Notifications functionality should be removed completely - those are for MOBILE browsers and v27 should not be considered a mobile browser.

bump...  to prevent from being forgotten...

1 hour ago, Rod Steel said:

Roytam1, please also look at problem that i find - New Moon do not show pictures of products in thumbnail mode on popular site rozetka. But Serpent show it as it supposed to be. That problem now going for years. Here is example of page that Serpent show correctly, but New Moon does not show pictures of products:

https://rozetka.com.ua/ua/mugskie-krossovki/c4634865/producer=puma;sort=popularity/

That's some f@#$@d up implementation of lazyload. A script on that page is supposed to show the images after the page finishes loading. But, because the NM27 Javascript engine is kinda old, it fails to execute that.

Usually this Greasemonkey script helps, but at this specific site they use two separate <image> elements - one for the placeholder image, another containing the true image address, and the second one lacks a src= attribute so our script fails too.

Calling out to the local JS wizards - how do we modify the script, so it adds a src= attribute if it's missing?

Edited by RainyShadow