My Browser Builds (Part 2)

7 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Google is trying to kill the superior pre-polymer design, and the only way to get it back is using a WebExtension, and Pale/New Moon does not support WebExtensions.

Maybe there's some hidden user agent that might still work, but I think you'll just need to use New Moon 28.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, kwisomialbert said:

Hi

How to make youtube work in NM 27

6 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Google is trying to kill the superior pre-polymer design, and the only way to get it back is using a WebExtension, and Pale/New Moon does not support WebExtensions.

Maybe there's some hidden user agent that might still work, but I think you'll just need to use New Moon 28.

Firefox 68 user agent on 2020-08-14 version of nm27 seems to be working.

There's a user agent switcher eclipsed moon if that makes it easier, or about:config and set general.useragent.override and pick a user agent from here maybe https://user-agents.net/browsers/firefox/platforms

alternatively use one of the invidio.us instances to access

In either case you may need to put the LAV filters in the NM program directory https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1171972

Edited by msfnbrowzer
added correct quote

Just now, msfnbrowzer said:

Firefox 68 user agent on 2020-08-14 version of nm27 seems to be working.

There's a user agent switcher eclipsed moon if that makes it easier, or about:config and set general.useragent.override and pick a user agent from here maybe https://user-agents.net/browsers/firefox/platforms

alternatively use one of the invidio.us instances to access

In either case you may need to put the LAV filters in the NM program directory https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1171972

Didn't realize something Firefox 38 based could render YouTube polymer UI

21 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

Didn't realize something Firefox 38 based could render YouTube polymer UI

I see what I did, I quoted your reply instead of the original poster, I was trying to tell them how to get youtube working on NM27

Ok managed to get their quote in there now!.

Edited by msfnbrowzer

21 minutes ago, msfnbrowzer said:

I see what I did, I quoted your reply instead of the original poster, I was trying to tell them how to get youtube working on NM27

Ok managed to get their quote in there now!.

Speaking of getting YouTube working, apparently Serpent 55 supports WebExtensions, so Old YouTube can be used, but that's not NM27

I guess its falling back to classic in NM27, so its days may be numbered?

But at the moment with the above tweaks it definitely plays direct yt and yt via invidio on that version of nm27. On yt direct had to press pause then play again as it sat there with the circle spinning otherwise. But I do have autoplay disabled via config so that may interfere too.

Is there any way to see what yt ui its using?

The "sign in" icon differs between classic and Polymer.

Classic's "sign in" has those words in a solid blue rectangle.

Polymer's "sign in" icon has those words blue-on-white in a blue-bordered rectangle next to an avatar icon.

Which invidio.us instance is the best? I can't use Polymer on my Pentium M laptop as it's impractically slow.

Edited by win32

2 hours ago, win32 said:

The "sign in" icon differs between classic and Polymer.

Classic's "sign in" has those words in a solid blue rectangle.

Polymer's "sign in" icon has those words blue-on-white in a blue-bordered rectangle next to an avatar icon.

Which invidio.us instance is the best? I can't use Polymer on my Pentium M laptop as it's impractically slow.

ok thanks

invidio.us main shut down recently but it lists a few other options to choose from if you visit https://instances.invidio.us/

Anyway this is the sign in icon nm27 with tweaks shows. It does pass through to a login page when clicked but beyond that I cannot test. Perhaps someone with a yt account can see what happens?

sign in.jpg

Just to clarify, this is on the regular nm27 32bit, not the sse or ia32 builds, no idea if these may have other restrictions to play yt etc?

Edited by msfnbrowzer
clarify

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I would actually prefer a month-or-two release schedule as opposed to weekly.

I like how MyPal only releases "milestone" versions as opposed to weekly.

there is no "release" schedule since all "releases" are just actually "pre-release".

and no, I don't want to make any point-release builds for continuing develop product. 45ESR builds are different as upstream only drops few commits per month for bug-fixing.

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

there is no "release" schedule since all "releases" are just actually "pre-release".

and no, I don't want to make any point-release builds for continuing develop product. 45ESR builds are different as upstream only drops few commits per month for bug-fixing.

I think you should consider my idea below. You can still release New Moon 27, 45ESR, and others, but my idea would give the XP community a better browsing eXPerience on XP with your main browser.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:44 PM, asdf2345 said:

I think not many people would mind if there wasn't any updates for a month or two.

What I think you should do is instead of maintaining tons of different browsers and email clients, is make your own fork of Firefox 53/54 and try and make it indistinguishable, functionality wise, to Waterfox Classic, but with no Rust code, the Pale Moon UI, and a good enough copy to where Pale Moon themes work, and the browser works on XP.

I'm sure you'd get more fans with that, instead of being Pale Moon ported to XP #42. I don't use Pale Moon mainly because of no e10s, and no WebExtensions, and I think it'd be easier to just fork off of Firefox 53/54, and port all the upgrades Waterfox Classic has, and the Pale Moon UI to that fork point.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:45 PM, kwisomialbert said:

Hi

How to make youtube work in NM 27

15 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I didn't have to do ANYTHING and YouTube works for me right out of the box.

I tried it with a fresh profile, (mine had gone through a few changes) and find the same, it works fine to play videos 'OOB'.

There are quite a few UA overrides as standard!

nm27_default_overrides.thumb.jpg.467cc5e6350f8db2d4ca046dfaef0b7e.jpg

perhaps kwisomialbert has a customised or otherwise altered/damaged profile if its not working? Try checking in about:config just type overr and get the list like this and compare it. If they match then also check no other addons (noscript, umatrix, ublock, etc) are blocking any yt required features to run. If its still not working, close nm then backup/rename the existing profile and use a newly created one, see if it works then?

Edited by msfnbrowzer

2020-09-07_100436.jpg.6004070c6774b8ed612c97c51c743244.jpg

4 hours ago, msfnbrowzer said:

I tried it with a fresh profile, (mine had gone through a few changes) and find the same, it works fine to play videos 'OOB'.

There are quite a few UA overrides as standard!

nm27_default_overrides.thumb.jpg.467cc5e6350f8db2d4ca046dfaef0b7e.jpg

perhaps kwisomialbert has a customised or otherwise altered/damaged profile if its not working? Try checking in about:config just type overr and get the list like this and compare it. If they match then also check no other addons (noscript, umatrix, ublock, etc) are blocking any yt required features to run. If its still not working, close nm then backup/rename the existing profile and use a newly created one, see if it works then?

I have the same overr parameters.  i create new profile. youtube still not working. NM 27

58 minutes ago, kwisomialbert said:

2020-09-07_100436.jpg.6004070c6774b8ed612c97c51c743244.jpg

I have the same overr parameters.  i create new profile. youtube still not working. NM 27

On 9/6/2020 at 12:21 AM, msfnbrowzer said:

Looks like it needs this step?

Get the LAV filters (according to your 32 or 64 bit NM) from the first page of the thread https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1171972 and close NM. Extract the files into the program directory of NM (same folder as the NM executable), re-open NM and retry yt

Edited by msfnbrowzer