My Browser Builds (Part 2)

7 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

@roytam1

I found the code for OAuth2 + Yahoo:

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-esr60/rev/9254818e017609d553511382f8686c04e3d5190b

that was added in Thunderbird 60.
Is a porting to MailNews possible?

the patch seems to be applicable, lets see if it will work or not in next build

Edited by roytam1

15 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Thank you very much! :worship::hello:

Love to hear it! MailNews is my main email client.

@roytam1

Here's a bug I've noticed. I don't know whether it happens in actual TB. When detaching image attachments in PT mode, the "Received" timestamp of the message changes to the current time. Obviously, this should not be happening, and it's beyond me why MN is modifying the email timestamp, as it distorts the message, making it impossible to tell when the message was received on the server. Is there any way to put an end to this egregious violation of email standards/protocol?

I don't know if this bug just affects MN or all upstream TB products, but maybe others have noticed this, too?

It irks me a lot since whenever I detach email signature images or the like, the timestamp changes, and there's no way to know the original timestamp of the message anymore. It's like rewriting history, basically... not cool!

54 minutes ago, luweitest said:

Run HTML5 test here: https://www.antutu.com/html5/
There will be an error for Serpent 52 upon finishing:
"parent.RankDataLists is undefined"

... Has been reported in the past, but in relation to Serpent 55 :

On 12/9/2019 at 11:51 PM, msfntor said:

Antutu HTML5 tests (click Test button): https://www.antutu.com/html5/ - I've little window: "parent.RankDataLists is undefined." My result: 12141 points ...(in Serpent 55).

... BTW, not a fan of these benchmark sites myself, but whatever tickles your fancy... ;) :P

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

... Has been reported in the past, but in relation to Serpent 55 :

... BTW, not a fan of these benchmark sites myself, but whatever tickles your fancy... ;) :P

I'd like to know if it is the fault of Serpent or the site itself.

As to the test, I got a higher score in Firefox than Serpent, so it seems not  reliable at all...

16 hours ago, luweitest said:

I'd like to know if it is the fault of Serpent or the site itself.

... I took the test using Firefox ESR 52.9.1 (32-bit), and the pop-up with the error reported was also displayed at the end of the test execution:

RXJ4np3.jpg

Given that the initial fork point of official UXP was Mozilla ESR 52.6.0 (the platform used in Mozilla Firefox 52.6.0 browser), an educated guess of mine would be that this is something Serpent 52 inherited all the way back from Mozilla ; at the same time, one may also claim that the "site" doesn't - by choice - support fully older desktop Firefox versions/engines ... At any rate, this is all probably a moot point :whistle:, seeing that - as I can also confirm - by dismissing the pop-up, one can successfully get the final test score... :P

I went as far as searching for the term "parent.RankDataLists", but nothing useful for debugging purposes showed up :(

EDIT:

the "site" doesn't - by choice - support fully older desktop Firefox versions/engines ...

... Scratch that <_< ; it's been reported that even Firefox 80 produces the same error pop-up :angry: ...

Edited by VistaLover

Hi! 3 year basilisk 55 nightly Ok test! http://prnt.sc/uaen46

New FF 80.0 test "parent.RankDataLists is undefined": http://prnt.sc/uaeo70

You have to be crazy to understand :P

I suspect Mozilla has modified the installers of all old firefox versions. The reason was incompatibility with the lower graphics drivers from FF 33.0. My computer is 10 years old. Mozilla has been changing all installers for 2 years. Not all graphical functions work independently in browsers, be it firefox 45 or 52 or even 80.
My basilisk nithly 55 is the web archive installer - before the restrictions on everything old computers had changed.

Edited by kitaro1

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

RXJ4np3.jpg

Sorry to deviate from topic, but would you mind sharing where you got that older 52-compliant version of DeepDark? Classic Add-ons Archive doesn't archive themes and I've been at a loss to dig up some old themes prior to the Extensions Pearl Harbor of 2018 :unsure:

4 hours ago, docR said:

would you mind sharing where you got that older 52-compliant version of DeepDark? Classic Add-ons Archive doesn't archive themes

FT DeepDark has been my preferred Firefox Complete Theme ever since it was made available :thumbup; of course, Fx Quantum killed it :realmad:, so development reached an end, with its final version supporting Fx 56.0 (and I could only run up to Firefox v53.0 on this Vista machine :angry: ) ...

It is a crying shame that Firefox Complete Themes haven't been salvaged, in CAA or elsewhere... If you are persistent, you may find some versions archived in the web archive and similar services...

Specifically where FT DeepDark is concerned, its author (Stefano Rosselli, a Swiss) has attached a very limiting licence to it so, despite me having the XPI file saved on disk (from the era it was still on AMO), I'm not at liberty to redistribute myself... :angry: However, all hope is not lost for you:

:whistle:

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Specifically where FT DeepDark is concerned, its author (Stefano Rosselli, a Swiss) has attached a very limiting licence to it so, despite me having the XPI file saved on disk (from the era it was still on AMO), I'm not at liberty to redistribute myself... :angry: However, all hope is not lost for you:

:whistle:

Ah yes, nearly dismissed his rigid licensing of the theme. It's for this reason his work practically died with ESR52 and no future forks exist on UXP. Waterfox Classic has a dedicated version of the theme. It's rather pretty, but it's somewhat crippled for Aero. The Thunderbird 68 version is also.... well tbf Thunderbird Photon/Quantum is a mess of its own, so I shall not go further :puke:

My favorite browser theme was the default Strata from Firefox 3. Fortunately Aeromoon is around for my use case. But old DeepDark releases looked amazing too. I shall hunt for a copy. Wayback Machine for AMO is rather hit or miss, but I've had limited success there.