My Browser Builds (Part 2)

@Matt A. Tobin

Nobody is required to know everything about the crap some self-important jerk is doing over the internet.

Now, would you, please, remove yourself from here until you fix your attitude!

@TechnoRelic

As a last resort, you can try to use Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types and manually change the assotiations. No clue if it will work though, if the stupid browser is broken,

As a quick test try dragging a .html file over to bnavigator.exe and select "Open with".

MT: Well possible some of us are not the brightest here when it comes to computer science, but the fault for this misunderstanding here is your's. Not indicating what you're talking about exactly, using dev-speak, and clearly talking to RT in first post. Especially not bothering to mention to normal users who are not clairvoyant that "ShellService" might have anything to do with "Set Default Browser". That's absolutely not obvious, just a chance for blind guessing. Then again, it probably was your intention, to get more opportunities for jerking around.

RainyShadow said:
> As a last resort, you can try to use Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types
> and manually change the assotiations.

When using that method, this great little tool is an easier alternative:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

One possibility for example is to open it and search inside where the current default "iceape" is used, then copy those lines for another browser. Am no expert for that stuff either, but guess at least four entries should be set:
For ".html" and ".htm" and "http" and "https"

On 8/22/2020 at 11:38 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

v27 Permissions Manager still does not work.

I'm not talking about MENU -> Tools -> Page Info -> Permissions.

I'm talking about MENU -> Tools -> Permissions and the Permissions Manager that is then displayed.

The Permissions Manager hasn't worked in over a year.

The Plugins section doesn't fill in, you can change a dropdown setting but it does not save or even go into effect for the current session, et cetera.

Hi, Thanks for giving the heads up on this.

Going through the other RT browsers, this also happens in arcticfox, can fill out the permissions manager but it doesnt save the settings (expected, as it uses nm27 codebase?).

Mypal and NewMoon28 seem to save permissions manager settings as expected, but spotted one difference in cookie handling: There is no option (in either) for cookies to allow 'first party only'.

Just wondered if that is normal, upstream set, or the option has been removed sometime (or unique to my setup!)?

nm27

pm27 has option for first party only.jpg

nm28

pm28 no option for first party only.jpg

Both have the option in Tools-Preferences-Privacy-History select 'use custom settings for history' and select 'Accept third party cookies' set to never, so the underlying capability still exists?

pm prefs privacy history.jpg

Edited by msfnbrowzer
pm to nm :)

4 hours ago, siria said:

When using that method, this great little tool is an easier alternative:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

Thanks, I took a look at this NIRSOFT Utility, very good one. Ideally though, I would like the BNAVIGATOR Browser to 'pop open' that dialog where it ASKS you if you want to SET it as the DEFAULT Browser ... Which, that I can figure it out, changing the FILE ASSOCIATIONS is not going to really solve it in a full manner. Still hoping that RT might have more to say on the situation. Meanwhile, ICEAPE-UXP Browser is working well here for me. GOOD that RT decided to pick up ICEAPE Browser and keep it current.

Edited by TechnoRelic

TechnoRelic said:
> Ideally though, I would like the BNAVIGATOR Browser to 'pop open' that dialog
> where it ASKS you if you want to SET it as the DEFAULT Browser ...

Of course, but that goes without saying. It's not an open question whether or not that will "ideally" happen.
Don't worry, work on it is currently in progress (among other things), and just a matter of time until finished. Did you notice this was explained already? Actually, twice... or was it three times...
It's a bit strange that you keep pushing roytam, although you say you're happy enough using another browser in the meantime, so why... You want him to do double work? To hurry this up, as an urgent top priority? Perhaps he'll speed it up, or not, but for us end users it makes no difference whether it's done upstream or downstream ;-)

13 hours ago, Matt A. Tobin said:

Are you people THIS STUPID. ShellService is in the PROCESS of being REPLACED. It is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL YET. I am the one who removed the old shellservice and am in the process of replacing it and adapting the frontend code to work with the NEW ShellService. There is not a god damned thing you can do about it until the work has been completed. It is broken. Until I fix it, it will REMAIN broken.

f***in morons, I swear. There is a reason Borealis isn't a released product yet, this is one of them. When will you people learn that all this praise for roytam1 or fedor2 is completely misplaced. They are incapable of doing more than extremely minor modifications of the code and ALL THE s*** you thank them for was done by my self and others who aren't trying to scam you into using old and insecure operating systems and half-assed and corrupt incarnations of code on top of them.

Despite your arrogant attitude I have to say the UXP browser is very nice and so I guess we can separate the harsh personality (and that's putting it mildly) from the work. I finally got a newer model with much better processing and more ram and it blows me away how much better this is. On XP it is screaming fast, very impressive.

1 hour ago, DanR20 said:

Despite your arrogant attitude I have to say the UXP browser is very nice and so I guess we can separate the harsh personality (and that's putting it mildly) from the work. I finally got a newer model with much better processing and more ram and it blows me away how much better this is. On XP it is screaming fast, very impressive.

You guys know Tobin is banned, right? He won't be able to reply.

Also, congratulations on getting a newer PC. How much RAM does it have?

3 minutes ago, delphi367 said:

You guys know Tobin is banned, right? He won't be able to reply.

Also, congratulations on getting a newer PC. How much RAM does it have?

No didn't know he got banned :--). Not surprised and not sure why he has to be so rude, most of us actually like the work he and others are doing.

The new box has 8gb ram but I setup Win10 as 32bit so useable is 3.5 gbs. Still much better than the 2gbs I had before.

@RainyShadow -- @siria -- @VistaLover -- @roytam1 <--

Not looking to "push" anyone, in particular RT here.
I only replied to messages for me, as to not seem to ignore them.
Regrets here on any message content from me that seemed confusing.

I only mentioned ICEAPE-UXP Browser, to say that I have
(for me) a good alternative RT Browser to use it.
Again, regrets on any confusion that I may have created it. :)

4 hours ago, flusspferd said:

@ TechnoRelic ... http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/

Thanks to suggest this above URL utility. As added information, very recently, another MSFN user shared
a 'quick and dirty' fix for RT BNAVIGATOR Browser with me. That involved replacing the OMNI.JA file with one
that had been modified to make the DEFAULT Browser prompt 'Pop Up BOX' to be active again. So, for now, I am
using this 'quick and dirty' fix situation successfully here with BNAVIGATOR Browser. But, rather than say of this
'quick and dirty' fix, I plan to wait patiently now, until RT does his 'Official Full Fix' for RT BNAVIGATOR Browser.

And again, here, not looking to "push" anyone to do anything. In particular related to RT and his limited time
that he has to maintain a lot of RT Browsers. So, until RT does his 'Official Full Fix' related
to BNAVIGATOR Browser, I plan to be patient here. That RT maintains all these WinXP OS Browsers,
to me, is rather amazing on his part. Count me as grateful. :)

Edited by TechnoRelic

I for one do have to laugh at a now-banned dude soap-boxing about running outdated operating systems when the guy took the time to update his profile picture but yet that updated profile still lists him as using an outdated operating system.  Windows 7 expired seven months ago.  But I digress.

LONG LIVE XP and to this forum for keeping XP alive !!!  :cheerleader:

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Hi

I ask a simple question:
Why can't we access "https://forum.palemoon.org" from Newmoon 28 and 27?
While on Firefox 52.9, Mypal and Serpent 52 ... I don't have a problem.
Is there some kind of revenge out there somewhere...:blink:

2020-08-25_182422.png.09c42e3dae9d9958208fbe96a78fdc50.png

Edited by IXOYE