My Browser Builds (Part 2)

Hi. I've had a problem for some time. They don't want to turn on the page. I use a browser like the one in the picture. This happens even when I turn off the add-ons. On FireFox 52.9 works well... What could be the reason for that?

error.JPG

1 hour ago, RainyShadow said:

@TheLastDevil

Works fine here in the same browser. I typed "gamers4life.com" and it immediately redirected me to http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/ , i didn't even get the Cloudflare page.

Try testing with a clean profile.

I did (help > troubleshooting information > refresh new moon) and still nothing...

hi. sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but i can usually fix my own problems, so im pretty new to asking for help lol.

i recently installed windows xp 64-bit on my windows 10 desktop (intel i5 cpu, amd radeon r7 200 graphics) the whole system is actually too new to run windows xp, but someone told me about an updated acpi.sys and windows xp seems to be running great now. except for the web browser, i've tried a bunch of different firefox-derived browsers, yours and others,  and they all seem to have the same problem: the first few seconds everything is fine, but then the window freezes and wont redraw until it's manually resized. the last official version of firefox i can get to work correctly is 17, anything newer has the problem. palemoon 15 works fine too, but i haven't tried every version to find the last one that works. hardware acceleration is turned off directx is up-to-date. i have tried 32-bit and 64-bit versions. there are no plugins installed. it has the same result on a completely stock xp system with the default video driver as it does on a fully updated system with last amd xp video drivers. pages seem to render fine, i can type something into the address bar and hit enter, the title bar changes but the rest of the screen stays the same, until the window is manually resized, then it looks like it should. the tab bar never changes. i've tried everything i can think of, and im willing to accept it's some weird problem that only i will have because im trying to run old software on new hardware, but i thought i'd check here first before i gave up. thanks in advance!

Edited by flyod

@flyod

Control panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced > Troubleshoot

Move the slider all the way to the left and check if it makes any difference. Also, try unchecking write combining and/or any other options you may have there.

P.S. what acpi.sys you used to get XP working? Got a link?

20 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

For whatever reason, Cloudflare might consider your IP as potential DDoS node and block you. Try running via some VPN with good reputation.

Then why does the firefox work normally?

16 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

@flyod

Control panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced > Troubleshoot

Move the slider all the way to the left and check if it makes any difference. Also, try unchecking write combining and/or any other options you may have there.

P.S. what acpi.sys you used to get XP working? Got a link?

i already tried that too. it didn't make any difference, but i'll look over it again i may have missed something, i broke the whole xp install last night, so now i've got to start over again anyway.

here's where i found the updated acpi.sys:
https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/2019/10/updated-windows-xp-acpisys.html
everything on the system works great now, with the exception of a web browser. 

EDIT: i tried that again, with both the default video driver and the correct one, and still the same result. i did notice that clicking the menu bar can also force the window to redraw, sometimes.

Edited by flyod

hey there,

is there any way to force H264 instead of VP9 codec when watching youtube videos with your Serpent browser? I already tried to install the h264ify addon by erkserkserks but for some reason it doesn't work and I only get the error message "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt".

20 hours ago, athlonxpuser said:

hey there,

is there any way to force H264 instead of VP9 codec when watching youtube videos with your Serpent browser? I already tried to install the h264ify addon by erkserkserks but for some reason it doesn't work and I only get the error message "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt".

Type about:config in the address bar, hit enter, then search for media.webm.enabled... Double click it to toggle the value to false. If you need to, try disabling the h264ify add-on.

Edited by ClassicNick

On 1/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, sukistackhouse said:

I will check the sector today and take one memory stick. Currently use a old basilisik version and is working good

what is your opininon about this error with aimp fresh install, the spell freaks me out and activate the paranoia.

bC3nph1.jpg

Could be that one memory-slot is defective. can be verified when testing new memory-stick/Ram. memtest386 cannot be trusted. be aware. false-negative is possible. I am currently running on 2x1 of 3x1gb possible Ram on my SSE-MOBO. Yes have a replacement-MOBO which will be installed when SSE2-MOBO(or copy if it) will run again.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:43 AM, Inox said:

Hi, in last Pale Moon (palemoon-28.9.0a1.win32-git-20200307-13122a94e-uxp-88da01c29-xpmod.7z) pl.xpi localization from JustOff stoped working. general.useragent.locale automatically changing from pl-PL to en-US every time I restart browser.

Same here for german version when installation was made(newest version installed. I tested these successfully with older versions from 2019. PM running from foilder. german  language pack 27.9.4_RC2 adviced to use since last 27-version) and 27.9.3. settings are: de-de.
will check which version was installed and running in german on my other HDD which has a boot-problem. can view data and version.
maybe should i set de-DE like pl-PL from above? Update: not working eighter. general.useragent. locale  value de-de worked earlier.
How to exchange installed version with an older one? 

Edited by 3dreal
verifying other language value

4 hours ago, 3dreal said:

Could be that one memory-slot is defective. can be verified when testing new memory-stick/Ram. memtest386 cannot be trusted. be aware. false-negative is possible. I am currently running on 2x1 of 3x1gb possible Ram on my SSE-MOBO. Yes have a replacement-MOBO which will be installed when SSE2-MOBO(or copy if it) will run again.

Here is how i test memory - start memtest, wait until the address test finishes, push the memory module left-right - if i get errors or the system hangs, get the pencil eraser and start scrubbing the memory contacts :P

5 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

Here is how i test memory - start memtest, wait until the address test finishes, push the memory module left-right - if i get errors or the system hangs, get the pencil eraser and start scrubbing the memory contacts :P

YES YES YES.  cleaning contacts regulary over the many years helped to solve many problems.any which can be cleaned on any hardware. always advised the very same method. clean with 96% alcohol(hard to get theses days so get 70% and wait will its dry.
e.g. one of my drives has over 8000hrs running already. and i have used others too. so capacitors plague is NOT A LIE. ok i switched MOBOs over the years. and i will switch again my SSE-MOBo when SSE2 will be reactivated again. 16 MB Ram and win7 and winxp(on seperate HDDs there. yes i also have two ultrabooks with win10s/edge now and i dont miss winxp/win7 there.
NB: dont touch memory when system is running. it could kill or damage HDD or window-system. No boot anymore and in worst case one cannot repair anymore if no backup available. like here!