My Browser Builds (Part 2)

1 hour ago, fumarpaco said:

The engine in this version of Pale Moon is a couple of years newer than the Firefox it is based on. Maybe it could also be compiled with support for NT or 9x, and then we'd have the best of both worlds. But I'll use your existing NT 4 build if you don't have time for this task.

Thanks in advance!

I'd compared my base fx 3.6 (which is 3.6.28) and pm2.6.32 and the differences are minor.

Edited by roytam1

Hi

On 4/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, grey_rat said:

IXOYE, add "Worldwide Radio" https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/worldwide-radio/ easy, simple. Same as the"Radio.garden", but without 3d

to create

extensions.checkCompatibility.52.9 - false

52.9 - version of the browser

extensions.checkUpdateSecurity - false

URL for installation https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/3521176/worldwide_radio-3.4-an+fx.xpi

I tried to install the Firefox RadioWorwide addon with the modifications "about:config" but RadioWorwide = Webextensions !!! not compatible with Newmoon 28.9 and Serpent 52.9 ... Now "radio.garden" works well on browsers, Serpent 52.9 and 55, newmoon 28.9, and iceape-upx. But there is a serious problem of display bug of the integrated 2d map of google earth in radio.garden on newmon 27.9.7 and Arctifox with "angle" and webgl ati radeon. Radio.garden removed the tooltip script from the website source which prevented reading at webgl ati radeon with "angle" disabled. I no longer need the Ublock script: "radio.garden ##. Modal_isAlert__1mI6e.Modal_modal__P3_V5". :)

Hum Hum...

I'm impressed by the responsiveness of "radio.garden" to solve problems. I wonder either they read this forum or my translations, because I use the online translator of google through "Qtranslate.exe". And I have no doubt that "radio.garden" is an indirect offshoot of Google.:dubbio:

Edited by IXOYE

How do you get archive.org online games working using New Moon (using version 28.9.1a1)

e.g  https://archive.org/details/zahlorie

After clicking on the 'click to begin' icon, it says "loading game data..."  and stays stuck on that message.

Not running any ad-blockers or  any other plugins.  It works on chrome.

Edited by ricardrosen

11 hours ago, ricardrosen said:

How do you get archive.org online games working using New Moon (using version 28.9.1a1)

e.g  https://archive.org/details/zahlorie

After clicking on the 'click to begin' icon, it says "loading game data..."  and stays stuck on that message.

Not running any ad-blockers or  any other plugins.  It works on chrome.

you may need to enable wasm in about:config

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

you may need to enable wasm in about:config

I enabled the following in about:coinfig,  changing from false to true:

javascript.options.wasm
javascript.options.wasm_baselinejit

didn't work though. It says on archive.org it will use javascript if wasm is not available.

Does the archive.org link above work in New Moon with you.

Hey @roytam1

I've searched through the forum and can't seem to find the answer (so I apologize for a duplicate post if that's the case).  On my folks' New Moon 27 installation on an XP SP3 notebook, I see no fill-in or movement of the Downloads progress bars or the site loading progress on the Status Bar.  They were running a September 2019 build of v27.9.6, but I upgraded them to an April 2020 build of 27.9.7.  I've tried safe mode, a default theme, etc....   Is this a known issue?

Thanks for yours (or anyone's) help.  Cheers!

:)

15 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Hey @roytam1

I've searched through the forum and can't seem to find the answer (so I apologize for a duplicate post if that's the case).  On my folks' New Moon 27 installation on an XP SP3 notebook, I see no fill-in or movement of the Downloads progress bars or the site loading progress on the Status Bar.  They were running a September 2019 build of v27.9.6, but I upgraded them to an April 2020 build of 27.9.7.  I've tried safe mode, a default theme, etc....   Is this a known issue?

Thanks for yours (or anyone's) help.  Cheers!

:)

thats strange, did you check error console if there is any error message?

19 hours ago, ricardrosen said:

I enabled the following in about:coinfig,  changing from false to true:

javascript.options.wasm
javascript.options.wasm_baselinejit

didn't work though. It says on archive.org it will use javascript if wasm is not available.

Does the archive.org link above work in New Moon with you.

it works here.

Hi @roytam1! I'd just like to say thank you for providing us with the IA-32 UXP builds! These older Athlon / Pentium III machines are still very useful, especially during this time of economic uncertainty, as some are being forced back into service for the less fortunate.

Edited by sparty411

On 4/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, roytam1 said:

Issue #1507 - Remove nsRefreshDriver's use of high res system timers. (7630b1c56)

I suspect this causes constant stutter when scrolling web pages on my end (when using middle-click to scroll). The stutter is gone when I launch something else that uses high resolution timers.

Does anyone else experience this?

Edited by UCyborg