My Browser Builds (Part 2)

2 hours ago, grey_rat said:

Roytam1, please make the Firefox 68 version for SSE processors for Windows 7. On Linux, you can run Firefox 68 on non-SSE2 processors.

On Debian, yes. I'm not sure if the same applies to other distro's as well. 

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Is this Paranoia or Conspiracy Theory?

I wasn't asking anybody to visit Citi's web site, for the record.

As I've stated over-and-over, I run version 28.2.2 (or thereabouts) from September 2018.

Because IT works for me and "newer" versions do NOT.

I 'all but' place people on "ignore" that chastise me for using a browser "from 2018" and wag their 'security hype' finger my way.

I'm HAPPY with my September 2018 version.  :cheerleader:

Using an old browser chalk full of security holes does not make you bold, or enlightened. Frankly, it's asinine, but you're free to do whatever you'd like.

When using an unsupported operating system, the least you can do is mitigate the security risks that come with browsing the internet.

Edited by sparty411

On 2/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, sparty411 said:

Using an old browser chalk full of security holes does not make you bold, or enlightened. Frankly, it's asinine, but you're free to do whatever you'd like.

When using an unsupported operating system, the least you can do is mitigate the security risks that come with browsing the internet.

Which are really non-existent for the most part. The only people really affected by them are dorks like you who basically spread them around with *YOUR* useage of the internet.

The days of non -dorks playing the hardware/software upgradge-ratrace game people like you play is pretty much over.

People are not going to trash their investments of time and money in their computers and cellphones and other equipment just to appease people like you.

You really need to get a clue and a life.

The reality is that people are going to keep using their old computers,software ,cellphones and other devices untill they die of hardware failure,because there's no real reason for them not to do so.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:23 AM, Dr. Drill said:

Alas, plugins are still missing. It is sad. No Widevine CDM plugin, no OpenH264 plugin. Flash working.

I was wondering about that. Don't actually use Widevine for anything since I'm not into streaming video but was curious about it working.

2 hours ago, Omntech said:

Which are really non-existent for the most part. The only people really affected by them are dorks like you who basically spread them around with *YOUR* useage of the internet.

The days of non -dorks playing the hardware/software upgradge-ratrace game people like you play is pretty much over.

People are not going to trash their investments of time and money in their computers and cellphones and other equipment just to appease people like you.

You really need to get a clue and a life.

The reality is that people are going to keep using their old computers,software ,cellphones and other devices untill they die of hardware failure,because there's no real reason for them not to do so.

Nobody asked you to throw away your computer, cellphone, or any other device, but cool strawman, bud. If you and @ArcticFoxie want to use insecure versions of the very software that is updated on a regular basis, and offered to you free of charge in this very thread, then be my guest. Your irresponsibility is your business. By deliberately practicing terrible opsec, you're only harming yourself. 

Edited by sparty411

2 hours ago, sparty411 said:

Nobody asked you to throw away your computer, cellphone, or any other device, but cool strawman, bud. If you and @ArcticFoxie want to use insecure versions of the very software that is updated on a regular basis, and offered to you free of charge in this very thread, then be my guest. Your irresponsibility is your business. By deliberately practicing terrible opsec, you're only harming yourself. 

Is Firefox or similar browsers being updated for XP,NT,Vista or older versions of say Fedora Linux?

If they aren't, which they aren't, then what the hell are you talking about when you say updated versions?

Somehow I don't think you're talking about RT's software here.

Edited by Omntech

On 2/16/2020 at 6:00 AM, Omntech said:

Is Firefox or similar browsers being updated for XP,NT,Vista or older versions of say Fedora Linux?

If they aren't, which they aren't, then what the hell are you talking about when you say updated versions?

Somehow I don't think you're talking about RT's software here.

Basilisk is a fork of Firefox 52.9 ESR, if I'm not mistaken. 

@roytam1 <--

I have been using the RT ICEAPE Browser (has Emailer too) , and *VERY IMPRESSED* overall.
http://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/iceape.win32-20200213-id-088353e-ia-041bf6a-uxp-7dc9aa058-xpmod.7z

HOPING that this RT ICEAPE Browser might be a PERMANENT and *Regular Update* situation.
As you know , it is a SEAMONKEY based Browser and Emailer situation (package in one file).
So , some observations based on what I experienced , that of others may vary.

----------

About:Config (Tweak) -->
browser.tabs.autoHide = false (toggle change)

Under RT ICEAPE (Menu) VIEW , the "Tab Bar" becomes *Greyed Out* with a *Check Mark* next to it.

----------

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_error_opening_Internet_shortcut_or_local_HTML_file_-_Firefox#File_Types_edit
Windows error opening Internet shortcut or local HTML file - Firefox (worked SEAMONKEY too)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/images/DDEfix.png

(3) File Types edit (WinXP Solution)
CLOSE and REOPEN the RT ICEAPE Browser before each testing.

So , I had this problem (annoying popup warning) , and the excellent advice
at the above URL did solve it. Unfortunately , it seems that if you use the RT BNAV Browser ,
and then close that , and return to using the RT ICEAPE Browser , then the DDE Fix does
disappear. And you have to re-do the DDE Fix again. But the DDE Fix WORKS , it is just
NOT retained permanently. It is like there is 'cross talk' between RT BNAV and ICEAPE Browsers.

----------

VistaLover (MSFN.ORG User) did kindly provide this for RT ICEAPE Browser Extensions
(Add-On , Legacy Only) installation advice. For editing of the INSTALL.RDF file , inside
the *.XPI file (via 7-ZIP software).

<em:targetApplication>
            <Description>
                <em:id>{9184b6fe-4a5c-484d-8b4b-efbfccbfb514}</em:id>
                <em:minVersion>27.0</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>52.*</em:maxVersion>
            </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>active for it.

----------

chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul
For COOKIES REMOVAL , create a BOOKMARK that opens the above.

----------

Adding GOOGLE Search as Option -->

https://addons.palemoon.org/search-plugins/
GOOGLE Search (URL above) should install okay in RT ICEAPE Browser

https://tobtu.com/customsearch.php
Also, this (URL above) should get Secure GOOGLE Search job done too.

The ONLY way that I could get (added) GOOGLE Search to *remain* as the Active Default
for MARKED TEXT (Right Click MENU Search) , was to have that (Customize box) SEARCH Item
Dragged Out and ACTIVE on the NAVIGATION TOOLBAR , with GOOGLE Search chosen there.

---------- (End) ----------

Edited by TechnoRelic

Somewhat of a minor issue (at least for me since I spend most of my time on Win7) but it looks like the Google Hangouts plugin is dead. Tried in UXP and Moebius. With the newer versions of Firefox 68+ "media.peerconnection.enabled" = true works well but this does nothing with UXP or Moebius, the call starts then immediately disconnects.

Does "media.peerconnection.enabled" require updated apis to make functional in these older versions? 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, grey_rat said:

Roytam1, please make the Firefox 68 version for SSE processors for Windows 7. On Linux, you can run Firefox 68 on non-SSE2 processors.

you can compile royam1's basilisk fork with pentium3 or athlon xp for debian, with 2 gb (-j1). it is better than the original basilisk.

20 hours ago, sparty411 said:

Basilisk is a fork of Firefox 52.9 ESR, if I'm not mistaken. 

Which firefox/mozilla no longer seriously supports for older platforms. It's basically a Trojan Horse just like the rest of Mozilla's stuff is these days.

Hey, please, could Y'all stop arguing about your approach to security and browsers, and stick to the topic - Roytam's builds in this case?

This megathread is full of OT anyways, and we ain't in need of flamewar in here.

Will this OT continue,, I'll wearing sellout cap and will use "Report Post" button as often as applicable with no regard if I agree with POV you stated or not - OT is OT.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, roytam1 said:

it is hard to get enough surgical mask here.

Thankfully @Sampei.Nihira and @LoneCrusader kindly sent surgical masks to me, so I and my family have enough mask for daily works for the time being. Again, thank you very much!!:thumbup