My Browser Builds (Part 2)

4 hours ago, luweitest said:

I heard that anti-mask law has been declared illegal by Hong Kong court

yes it does, but Hong Kong government doesn't cancel its order to the local couriers so some stores can't deliver masks by couriers.

and I even heard some couriers (DHL and SF-Express) "steal" customers' masks. Packages were opened by couriers' workers, taking away some masks, changed the amount, reprinting labels and repacking packages and continuing delivery.

Edited by roytam1

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

yes it does, but Hong Kong government doesn't cancel its order to the local couriers so some stores can't deliver masks trough couriers.

and I even heard some couriers (DHL and SF-Express) "steal" customers' masks. Packages were opened by couriers' workers, taking away some masks, changed the amount, reprinting labels and repacking packages and continuing delivery.

Shameful things are everywhere in china. Take care!

thanks for the update.
however ...

NM28XP build Win32
Saturday, February 8, 2020
browser does not download files anymore.
tested with new profile.

error on a download from here for example.

https://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/search/label/newmoon
C:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DxyIJ3HD.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

NM28XP build Win32
Saturday, February 1, 2020
in this build it still works.

regards.

46 minutes ago, rereser said:

thanks for the update.
however ...

NM28XP build Win32
tested with new profile.

C:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DxyIJ3HD.7z.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read

NM28XP build Win32

regards.

not reproducible here

2 hours ago, rereser said:

thanks for the update.
however ...

NM28XP build Win32
tested with new profile.

NM28XP build Win32

regards.

I had the same problem. Solution in my case was to replace one of the javascripts in omni.ja file in Pale Moon directory (\components\nsHelperAppDlg.js) with the script from the previous version. The omni.ja file is just an ordinary zip file.

45 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I had the same problem. Solution in my case was to replace one of the javascripts in omni.ja file in Pale Moon directory (\components\nsHelperAppDlg.js) with the script from the previous version. The omni.ja file is just an ordinary zip file.

just tried that.

replacing that js in omni.ja is not working in my case.

for now i will stay with the previous version as i am not the only one to get this windows error.

no errors in the console.

Edited by rereser

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

- Issue #26 - Part 2c: Remove dependence on gmp/widevine-adapter/* (4c9689f68)

Hi, roytam1!

Maybe you know why upstream broke DRM support?

I have the Widevine CDM plugin version 1.4.9.1088 installed. But in the last build Serpent, the plugin disappeared in the section about:addons -> Plugins. Plugin files are located in \profile\gmp-widevinecdm\1.4.9.1088\ and in about:config the following parameters are set:

media.gmp-provider.enabled = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.version = 1.4.9.1088
media.gmp-widevinecdm.autoupdate = false
media.gmp-widevinecdm.enabled = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.forceSupported = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.visible = true

To check the DRM demo, I went to the site https://drm.axinom.com/bitmovin-and-unified-streaming/  and saw the message "Your browser does not support DRM. Try again with PlayReady or Widevine enabled browser." At the same time, the following lines appeared in the browser console (Ctrl+Shift+J):

Checking Widevine support.  
Checking PlayReady support. 
PlayReady not supported.

MediaKeySystemAccess::GetKeySystemStatus(com.widevine.alpha) result=cdm-not-installed msg='CDM is not installed'
Widevine not supported.

navigator.requestMediaKeySystemAccess promise rejected 0x80530009 'Gave up while waiting for a CDM update'
No checked DRM not supported: Error: Can't get fulfillment value from any promise, all promises were rejected.

In the previous Serpent build, the Widevine CDM plugin was available and worked. Serpent will no longer support DRM?

56 minutes ago, Proteus said:

alright problem found, fixed and archives updated.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Drill said:

Hi, roytam1!

Maybe you know why upstream broke DRM support?

I have the Widevine CDM plugin version 1.4.9.1088 installed. But in the last build Serpent, the plugin disappeared in the section about:addons -> Plugins. Plugin files are located in \profile\gmp-widevinecdm\1.4.9.1088\ and in about:config the following parameters are set:

media.gmp-provider.enabled = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.version = 1.4.9.1088
media.gmp-widevinecdm.autoupdate = false
media.gmp-widevinecdm.enabled = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.forceSupported = true
media.gmp-widevinecdm.visible = true

To check the DRM demo, I went to the site https://drm.axinom.com/bitmovin-and-unified-streaming/  and saw the message "Your browser does not support DRM. Try again with PlayReady or Widevine enabled browser." At the same time, the following lines appeared in the browser console (Ctrl+Shift+J):

Checking Widevine support.  
Checking PlayReady support. 
PlayReady not supported.

MediaKeySystemAccess::GetKeySystemStatus(com.widevine.alpha) result=cdm-not-installed msg='CDM is not installed'
Widevine not supported.

navigator.requestMediaKeySystemAccess promise rejected 0x80530009 'Gave up while waiting for a CDM update'
No checked DRM not supported: Error: Can't get fulfillment value from any promise, all promises were rejected.

In the previous Serpent build, the Widevine CDM plugin was available and worked. Serpent will no longer support DRM?

hard to tell, may refer to this: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP/issues/1392

but I don't see any wrong in the changes, maybe there are some tricks?

Edited by roytam1

but I don't see any wrong in the changes, maybe there are some tricks?

Tricks or not - I do not know. But Widevine CDM and OpenH264 plugins  disappeared in the latest build. I rolled back to the previous build, where all the plugins are visible. Maybe something will clear up over time.

Clip326.png

22 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

@roytam1

In a few days the cost of surgical masks has more than doubled:

jCRP44g6_o.jpg

:wacko::no:

yeah it does raise a lot as there is global shortage of surgical masks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/07/who-warns-global-shortage-face-masks-protective-suits-coronavirus

Edited by roytam1