My Browser Builds (Part 2)

23 minutes ago, looking4awayout said:

Is it possible to replace the connection components with the one of another version? 26.5 works great if it wasn't for this issue.

the changes in network connections are minimal comparing with stock pm26.5.

48 minutes ago, looking4awayout said:

Would it be possible to back port those from NM27? I have the issue on three different computers, there must be a reason.

there are 14 gecko versions between them, changes between them are huge

Edited by roytam1

looking4awayout said:
> I wanted to try New Moon 26.5, to see how it would perform on such a dated laptop,
> and interestingly, video performance is great: scrolling is incredibly smooth and fast,
> as if I am using Internet Explorer, but it has a huge drawback that prevents me to use
> such a browser on that computer: loading pages causes the browser to freeze for
> around 30 seconds. If I load a page with externally hosted pictures, no hope

Interesting, that reminds me of one of the killer probs with KG74 (for Win2000) on my specific 98 machine:
For every link on a page it adds a 0.2sec freeze, cumulating them all, before even showing anything.
NM26 and KG74 have the same engine, now wonder if that'S possibly related somehow...
Did you notice any dependance on the *number of links* contained in a page?
My home page is just a local link list, quite long but pure html, no frills, that demonstrates the prob clearly.
(BTW another killer: can't use it anyway, since after loading any LOCAL page the browser will crash when calling 2 or more WEB pages, and vice-versa, very weird)

13 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

What they did is change the User Agent for youtube.com to bump the Firefox version from 42.0 to ~60+(?) :) (In my Opinion, I prefer the old UI since it's less CPU intensive with my hardware and I like it too =P)

2 minutes ago, Nojus2001 said:

What they did is change the User Agent for youtube.com to bump the Firefox version from 42.0 to ~60+(?) :) (In my Opinion, I prefer the old UI since it's less CPU intensive with my hardware and I like it too =P)

Right, this change should be verified in our old OS.:yes:

@roytam1

My friend, take your precautions from possible infection with Coronavirus..............

1 hour ago, Nojus2001 said:

Yes, the "Classic" YouTube UI is less CPU and memory intensive, but Google is going to stop supporting the "Classic" UI. FYI, New Moon 27.9 and K-Meleon 76.2 are also capable of supporting the "Polymer" YouTube interface, they just need a manual UA override.

9 hours ago, roytam1 said:

it is hard to get enough surgical mask here.

:thumbdown

Amazon?

In my country, 2 Chinese tourists are hospitalized in the same hospital that isolated the virus:

https://conservativeus.com/report-coronavirus-has-been-isolated-by-the-italian-researchers-in-rome/

but despite experimental therapies, their conditions have worsened, they need assisted breathing.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira