My Browser Builds (Part 2)

To be fair, he is right though if the source code was illegally leaked.
Quite why Opera are still being so possessive about Opera 12 years after they abandoned it is anyone's guess, but it is their property until they say it isn't any more.
:)

6 hours ago, sparty411 said:

I bet you're fun at parties. 

:roll1::roll1::roll1:

I do think some here fail to fully grasp the scope of Roytam's builds.

Roytam doesn't "write" the code, he takes 'upstream' code and 'ports it' to "his" builds.

So without an 'upstream' Opera trunk/branch/master, pick your terminology, there is quite literally nothing for Roytam to "do" as far as Opera goes.

Phoenix 0.5 (20200121) works on Windows 98 SE, but with minor bugs (such as about:config initially being slow to respond, and New Tab button taking 2 Clicks to respond the 1st time, and page names not showing on the tab bar most of the time), but besides that, seems to work fine. On Windows 95 however, I get a message saying the SSL protocol has been disabled.

3 hours ago, ClassicNick said:

Phoenix 0.5 (20200121) works on Windows 98 SE, but with minor bugs (such as about:config initially being slow to respond, and New Tab button taking 2 Clicks to respond the 1st time, and page names not showing on the tab bar most of the time), but besides that, seems to work fine. On Windows 95 however, I get a message saying the SSL protocol has been disabled.

yea I knew it is buggy due to Classila's javascript changes. I may just build a plain phoenix 0.5 with TLS 1.2 later.

Classila's js has these problems as observed:

- __lookupGetter__ seems to be broken

- removeTab exists in tabbrowser.xml but it still complain removeTab is not a function

I always read twitter, while not being logged in. Today i noticed that twitter now showed to me in New Moon with new layout. If in preferences, in User Agent Mode set to Native, than it show with old style but videos go with audio distortion. In Firefox 52 ESR twitter still showed in old layout. Could this problem be solved in new New Moon build, roytam1 ?  Because i always use in New Moon in preferences User Agent Mode - "Firefox compatibility" and now with Firefox compatibility mode twitter shows only with new crappy layout.

Edited by Rod Steel

3 minutes ago, Rod Steel said:

I always read twitter, while not being logged in. Today i noticed that twitter now showed to me in New Moon with new layout. If in preferences, in User Agent Mode set to Native, than it show with old style but videos go with audio distortion. In Firefox 52 ESR twitter still showed in old layout. Could this problem be solved in new New Moon build, roytam1 ?  Because i always use in New Moon in preferences User Agent Mode - "Firefox compatibility" and now with Firefox compatibility mode twitter shows only with new crappy layout.

add SSUAO then.

general.useragent.override.twitter.com = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"
(without quotation marks, add new string in about:config using the name before equal mark)

30 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

add SSUAO then.

general.useragent.override.twitter.com = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"
(without quotation marks, add new string in about:config using the name before equal mark)

Thanks for fast reply.

Well yeah i did it - it did not help. Twitter loads now in New Moon with old layout but audio distortion on video present. I use Firefox Compatibility as usual.

Edited by Rod Steel

14 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

Today i noticed that twitter now showed to me in New Moon with new layout. If in preferences, in User Agent Mode set to Native, than it show with old style but videos go with audio distortion. In Firefox 52 ESR twitter still showed in old layout.

Try this SSUAO: general.useragent.override.twitter.com = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9

"FF compatibility" spoofs FF 68.9 ESR. The one @roytam1 gave you spoofs IE 11. The one above spoofs FF 52.9 ESR.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:50 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

@Zero3k - I will personally lead the charge in suggesting you be BANNED from this form for making this request!  This forum is not about "stealing" LEAKED source code!

If the source code was illegally leaked then of course the links posted by @sparty411 and @Zero3K(and quoted by @Snear) should be deleted immediately. We can't put MSFN at legal risk.

But banning seems like an over-reaction at this point. I see no evidence that @Zero3K was aware the source code was illegal when posting those links.

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Try this SSUAO: general.useragent.override.twitter.com = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9

"FF compatibility" spoofs FF 68.9 ESR. The one @roytam1 gave you spoofs IE 11. The one above spoofs FF 52.9 ESR.

I try this, here the results:

With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 - new interface loads

With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 - new interface loads

With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:4.1) Goanna/20170101 PaleMoon/28.3.0a1 - old interface that i want, but distorted audio

With Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 - You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Firefox.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.9 - You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Firefox.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, roytam1 said:

for fun, nostalgia, and investigation, tried to replace NSS to retrozilla-tff_sha384 version in old classila-based phoenix browser. of course it still some fixes to give user smooth experience, may review the code if there is time.

repo: https://github.com/roytam1/classilla/commits/tls12-exp

download (for fun!): http://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/phoenix-0.5-cl933-tls12.7z

archive updated, close button issue fixed.

Doing a quick test running Phoenix 0.5 on Windows 95 indicates the New Tab, and Close Tab bugs have been fixed. The about:config bug is still there (minor issue), but when I try to connect to an HTTPS website, I get a message stating the browser security component could not be initialized, the SSL protocol has been disabled. IME, this SSL error does not affect Windows 98 (tested with 98 SE) or later versions.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:48 PM, Rod Steel said:

(Tried Various UA = User Agent Settings with TWITTER) ...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/26/8930770/how-to-old-twitter-web-interface-design-desktop-ui
At URL ARTICLE above , they suggest a UA String for OLD TWITTER INTERFACE -->
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Added Later -->
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/52/?tab=comments#comment-1176791
URL above is Summary Message of how to *solve* the (Video) TWITTER AUDIO DISTORTION problem.
And also using the Old Twitter Interface under WinXP OS.

Edited by TechnoRelic