My Browser Builds (Part 2)

14 hours ago, msfntor said:

Maybe problem is in some services (Messenger...)- clean them strongly, look too on ctfmon activity... delete it.

- And your fan?... Clean or change it maybe...dust

yes: i have multiple problems which are now accumulated and slowing down internet.
1. svchost.exe error found no workaround.
2. services. didnt examine precise enough. set to default again when i had problems after adviced settings done.found it in Spybot Search + Destroy(now removed) maybe i should reinstall. didnt disturb at all.
3. browser profiles must be fresh. eighter i must google or you have hints. never altered them.
4. small HDD. must establish/ setup 1TB or at least finally backing up 200 HDD to 1 TB. systempartition too small. have very old larger copy on second partition. no i will not enlarge systempartition by deleting it. have no backup and no desktop alternative and no other working drive. left space too small 6-8gb(7.3gb)
could be that router or internet had been automatically slowed down due to security reasons caused by all the problem.
Mainboard was once running perfectly. GA-7N400 Pro 2 which is universal IDE, SATA(SSE processor) has capacitor plague. at least a bit of it. some capacitors are ill or dead. cannot shut down PSU completely. cmos-data would be lost. same on Asrock SSE2 which had been reactivated successfully. only have it disabled concentrating on older pc. GA has also PCI-slot-failure. they are dead. no chance to installe network-card. Wlan stick was working. only switched back to onboard-LAN after i exchanged MOBO. onboard was defective... you see endless problems. over the last 18 months.
Cannot do all the steps since other non-computer-related problems need my attention first.
I have multiple copies of both. only do not want to exchange the only running MOBO.

4 hours ago, siria said:

msfntor said:
> In latest Moebius 55: basilisk55-win32-git-20200104-dc63b5b94-xpmod - have big
> new problem: download make 1 hour?... or 2 hours another file download?
> So I've cancelled this download in the latest Moebius 55, downloaded with New Moon..

kitaro1 confirmed too (with screenshot)

kitaro1 said later:
> Downloading serpent 55 problem solved.
(with screenshot, showing the "safebrowsing" prefs disabled)

3dreal said:
> when downloading from RoyTam1 i took 40 min.for a 30mb file/NM SSE. KM-Goanna very quick.
> This evening(1 Gbit/s golden double-shielded cable attached) i took seconds.

And in the KM forum recently a visitor from Far East posted he had no access at all.

Have started wondering what to make of that, what it may mean exactly...?
2 people had EXTREMELY SLOW download speeds from roytam's site, then solved it somehow. One by disabling safebrowsing. Which had not blocked the file itself, just made downloading unbearably slow. Personally I never had such probs, but my provider is very slow anyway, so doesn't mean anything.

But getting the impression there seem to be growing download probs? So, does Mozilla/Google/Whoever perhaps intentionally slow down the site? We've heard before that for example browsers using "XP" in the useragent string (NT 5.x) were refused access to some mainstream sites, or got crippled code or features only. Or does it mean the downloads are so extremely slow with "safebrowsing" due to realtime scanning, of new files they didn't scan before yet? Or whatever...?

never heard of savebrowsing. but will google and investigate. went through all messages here over a long period of time. maybe overseen since it was not SSE-related.
in my case i think everything together is possible. slowing down caused by pc(hard/software) and from net.

@3dreal:
There's often some offtopic stuff in roytam's topic here, but this prob of yours is getting so very long now, LOTS of posts about a completely different subject, please consider making an own topic for it!

And no need to google about safebrowsing, it's all just directly in this very topic already:
on this page and the 2 previous ones, you definitely have just read it, so your confusing starts getting slightly weird...
What safebrowsing is about, by VistaLover:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1175789
And Kitaro's screenshot with the prefs, you even quoted this image yourself just 5 hours ago!
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1175859

By default safebrowsing is OFF anyway, but just in case, open about:config and in the filter line type "safebrowsing". Check that everything is set to "false".

deviceinfo.me
PM/NM 27 SSE: 4.5 sec winxp still the same now
PM 28  Win10s: 2.5 sec

did a router factory reset in admin-console. nothing changed. they must replace the icotera i6800.
can i buy my own router? most probably not. it must be setup by provider.
UPDATE: best speedtest is downloading Linux Mint Cinnamon
2. Have now new router. asa SSE2-MOBO is reactivated i will check speed on old router winxp 4GB ram and win 7 16 GB Ram then comparing to new router. and Acer Swift 5 coming in next days. 1kg netbook.

Edited by 3dreal
Linux-DL as speedtest. New Router/Netbook

1 hour ago, siria said:

@3dreal:
There's often some offtopic stuff in roytam's topic here, but this prob of yours is getting so very long now, LOTS of posts about a completely different subject, please consider making an own topic for it!

And no need to google about safebrowsing, it's all just directly in this very topic already:
on this page and the 2 previous ones, you definitely have just read it, so your confusing starts getting slightly weird...
What safebrowsing is about, by VistaLover:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1175789
And Kitaro's screenshot with the prefs, you even quoted this image yourself just 5 hours ago!
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1175859

By default safebrowsing is OFF anyway, but just in case, open about:config and in the filter line type "safebrowsing". Check that everything is set to "false".

do you think i didnt check. thats the reason i had a delay to reply.

safebrowsing filtered nothing shown what can be set to false or true. showing only two strings

should i create these about:config entrees boolean false?
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.enabled
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.remote.block_dangerous
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.remote.block_dangerous
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.remote.block_potentially
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.remote.block_uncommon
browser.safebrowsing.downloads.remote.enabled
everything we dont like is weird. i like people explaining clearly.  yes its annoying. but so is technology. Tks

Edited by 3dreal

On 1/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, kitaro1 said:

5e56566f67356651.png

Netcraft extension, disconnect me, uBO

"For those that have disabled all browser.safebrowsing items in about:config, check your suspicious or eventually malicious links in these online checkers I use:"
Not relevant for NM 27 SSE!

Edited by 3dreal
No relevant for NM 27 SSE

safebrowsing:
Read previous explanations... VistaLover said:
> It is currently only relevant to FirefoxESR 45.9.x & Serpent 55/Moebius forks
> and it's still present in (forked) Moebius

=> In NM/PM not contained at all => do nothing, just forget about it.

(Perhaps a mod may split this?)

Browser security will allow malware, excavator and miner into the system. Antivirus will let in too. Add-ons will not allow access to minerals, malware or other fakes.
I download movies even from dangerous websites. I personally scan the files. I haven't had an infection for the past 10 years.
Browser security is mainly based on google badware. Google virus is a problem, because it is known good files and highway is entering the system. The browser cannot block malicious googe scripts. Blocking dangerous files by the browser is illusory and charges the browser.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:56 AM, kitaro1 said:

Browser security will allow malware, excavator and miner into the system. Antivirus will let in too. Add-ons will not allow access to minerals, malware or other fakes.
I download movies even from dangerous websites. I personally scan the files. I haven't had an infection for the past 10 years.
Browser security is mainly based on google badware. Google virus is a problem, because it is known good files and highway is entering the system. The browser cannot block malicious googe scripts. Blocking dangerous files by the browser is illusory and charges the browser.

What would the excavator have to do with my system, please? Dig something up? What? Some minerals?:huh:

OK, I'm kidding...

Ged rid of Google translator very bad, here you have the decent DeepL translator (en English version) I use: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

-----------------------------------------------

I think like you: "Blocking dangerous files by the browser is illusory and charges the browser."

So why it's good to set to false all "safebrowsing" items in about:config (Moebius 55, FF 45...) - first unnotch security cases under Options/Security tab.

Then if you wish, download Bitdefender TrafficLight (have 1.1.1.3 version in Moebius 55, and 0.2.17.1 signed in New Moon ...).

Thank you for your screenshot about safebrowsing items set to false!

EDIT:

DeepL Polish version: https://www.deepl.com/pl/translator

Edited by msfntor

20 hours ago, msfntor said:

Latest New Moon:

- No Messenger messages in MSFN website

- No images (but iframes only) in Google images search results

uh oh ah

@roytam1, - NO problems!

Today:

In the latest New Moon 28.9.0a1:

- No messages, if click on Messages button, then on conversations topics in the user bar on the top of the page,

- NOW have the messages - in "My filters" in uBlock, deleted these lines of msfn and messages are here, sorry!-_-

-but have images in Google Images search results, OK, so Google's yesterday fault.

In the latest Serpent 52.9.0, and Moebius 55:

-is OK, I've found Messages button under three bars at the right top of the page!:rolleyes:

Edited by msfntor

15 hours ago, 3dreal said:

Mainboard was once running perfectly. GA-7N400 Pro 2 which is universal IDE, SATA(SSE processor) has capacitor plague. at least a bit of it. some capacitors are ill or dead. cannot shut down PSU completely. cmos-data would be lost. same on Asrock SSE2 which had been reactivated successfully. only have it disabled concentrating on older pc. GA has also PCI-slot-failure. they are dead. no chance to installe network-card. Wlan stick was working. only switched back to onboard-LAN after i exchanged MOBO. onboard was defective... you see endless problems. over the last 18 months.
Cannot do all the steps since other non-computer-related problems need my attention first.

So your "Mainboard ... has capacitors plague... some capacitors are ill or dead."

"you see endless problems." but can do nothing now...

I think that your PC is dead, change it then.

Hm haha I get impression that some of your postings sometimes  "doesn't mean anything" to me, and are wroted by an Microsoft "messenger" (no offense, an assumption, supposition only) to laugh, distract and impoverish the valuable content of this forum ...

There were some entertainment on another forum...:

I remember the old forum.sysinternals.com, where there were topics made expressly by people playing senile, who wanted to get the impression that they were technically up to date, but in fact their posts were meant to distract, entertain and increase the good mood of those reading these topics... I laughed a lot reading these "professional" topics in forum.sysinternals.com...

So you too are sent by Microsoft, please?
Perhaps the moderators can make a special topic only for you, with all your posts?...what do you think, please?