My Browser Builds (Part 2)

I have access to Windows 10 LTSB, if you can get your hands on LTSB then Win10 isn't half bad.

But yeah, my i7 at home came with Win10 and I *happily* **UPGRADED** to XP x64.

Though despite the XP x64 preference, I'll use the work computer's Win10 whenever I have to convert .mkv's to .mp4's.

Win10 just does those conversions a tad bit faster.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, roytam1 said:

not happening here.

dj1igam.png

also not happening here.

pFG31kZ.png

it seems big speed-fluctuations woldwide. it seems i have a severe one(see my post) but one does not know yet whats the cause: censourship/hacking. e.g. when downloading from RoyTam1 i took 40 min.for a 30mb file/NM SSE. KM-Goanna very quick. This evening(1 Gbit/s golden double-shielded cable attached) i took seconds.
Speedtest varying DL from 20/30 to 150Mbps- must be 1000( 1Gb/s)!
collegue in D(i am in nearby CH) telling he is shown 90% or more of his 1Gb/s-line. its seems also speedtests are not precise.
Will now check the answer(s) to my problem. will get mobile 4G-router. I am actually on old Winxp SSE. could switch to SSE2/winxp and Win7 on two HDDs.
Can switch quickly to Win10s which is showing also slow Speedtests. Best would be downloading a large file.
I my opinion multiple instances are slowing it down for different reasons. and they dont want to tell the truth. could damage their business. I am waiting speedtest of neighbour on Wlan nearby. I see it also listed.
Since Win10s netbook is also slow it makes no sense to setup new Winxp.

msfntor said:
> In latest Moebius 55: basilisk55-win32-git-20200104-dc63b5b94-xpmod - have big
> new problem: download make 1 hour?... or 2 hours another file download?
> So I've cancelled this download in the latest Moebius 55, downloaded with New Moon..

kitaro1 confirmed too (with screenshot)

kitaro1 said later:
> Downloading serpent 55 problem solved.
(with screenshot, showing the "safebrowsing" prefs disabled)

3dreal said:
> when downloading from RoyTam1 i took 40 min.for a 30mb file/NM SSE. KM-Goanna very quick.
> This evening(1 Gbit/s golden double-shielded cable attached) i took seconds.

And in the KM forum recently a visitor from Far East posted he had no access at all.

Have started wondering what to make of that, what it may mean exactly...?
2 people had EXTREMELY SLOW download speeds from roytam's site, then solved it somehow. One by disabling safebrowsing. Which had not blocked the file itself, just made downloading unbearably slow. Personally I never had such probs, but my provider is very slow anyway, so doesn't mean anything.

But getting the impression there seem to be growing download probs? So, does Mozilla/Google/Whoever perhaps intentionally slow down the site? We've heard before that for example browsers using "XP" in the useragent string (NT 5.x) were refused access to some mainstream sites, or got crippled code or features only. Or does it mean the downloads are so extremely slow with "safebrowsing" due to realtime scanning, of new files they didn't scan before yet? Or whatever...?

Edited by siria

29 minutes ago, 3dreal said:

Speedtests

Best speedtest I've found is very simple one: scroll to the bottom of this page to look on the result (Page Load Time): deviceinfo.me: https://www.deviceinfo.me/

I've on the latest browser versions (with extensions):

Moebius 55 (13 ext.), best result: 1.689 seconds

New Moon (10 ext.): best result: 1.5 seconds

bnavigator Browser (2 ext. - Silent Block, uBlock O.): best result: 1.2 seconds...

Arctic Fox (4 ext.): best result: 1.073 seconds - TRUE Best Result from all browsers!

On 1/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, kitaro1 said:

Downloading serpent 55 problem solved.

66ea97702c9efecb.png

ba775ba158b69e74.png

can i do similar adjustments for quicker downloading or surfing with NM 27 SSE? maybe already answered i am coming slowly through the last pages.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, msfntor said:

in your Firefox 45 and Arctic Fox add the possibility to play H.264 videos) so that it could work without my intervention? I'm not the developer - but common mortal. Please.

I feel your pain. Way back on page 3 of this thread, there's a batch file that I wrote, which will download either of those browsers for you, ask you if you want to download & install LAV filters for h.264 video support, and if you press Y, will download & install the correct file for you!

On 10/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mathwiz said:

Update 3: For @msfntor: added option to download and install LAV filters for pre-UXP browsers. The batch file will automatically download the correct LAV build for the architecture you choose (though if you have an SSE2 processor, the Adobe Primetime CDM is probably a better choice than the LAV filters for FF 45).

Update 4 is here! The batch file now lets you choose either FF 45 SSE or new FF 45 noSSE browser.

Download Latest Browser.bat 8.66 kB · 0 downloads

You can rerun it every time there's a new FF 45 and/or Arctic Fox version to download. The browsers will be unpacked into directories firefox-45 and arcticfox-27, so point your shortcuts there. (If they exist, your previous directories will be renamed to firefox-45-old and arcticfox-27-old first, so you can go back to them if the new versions don't work right.)

12 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'll use the work computer's Win10 whenever I have to convert .mkv's to .mp4

I doubt the OS version has much to do with it as long as it'll run ffmpeg, handbrake, or whatever. What you really need (especially if you're transcoding and not just remuxing) is a fast CPU with lots of RAM. Which work machines are more likely to have than home ones....

13 hours ago, msfntor said:

Maybe problem is in some services (Messenger...)- clean them strongly, look too on ctfmon activity... delete it.

- And your fan?... Clean or change it maybe...dust

its nothing of these. everything is open outside case(both SSE and SSE-pcs and its cooling properly. i even have an ice-block ontop of HDD(no joke). maybe in winter i could remove. in summer when very hot a strong fan was blowing. have a lot of fans. big one is blowing at the side of CPU. but right it could be time to clean cpu-main fan and renew thermal compound. or replacing RAM. memtest is not reliable.
i was going on every possible slow-down issue in the past. where it was getting worse when changin i had it reset them to default.
but services is worth looking again..
The problem lies in incoming signal from internet. pity i have no alternative HDD. all do not boot or loginproblem where no workarounbd except repair could be found. was working too long on all these problems-was affected by capacitor plague on both pcs-so i must find a more elegant solution which will not cost a lot of time again.

win10s-netbook-WLAN has the same troubles. 1GB/s-cable didnt help much. will get a cable-adapter.
My opinion: The internet gigants used christmas time to artificially slow down to make us think 5G is needed.
Until my provider doesnt give the ok to execute factory default in admin.console of router(icotera i6800)i will leave that alone. cannot risk a crash.
Will get mobile 4G-router and pay 20chf/mth prepaid to verify its not on my side.

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

Best speedtest I've found is very simple one: scroll to the bottom of this page to look on the result (Page Load Time): deviceinfo.me: https://www.deviceinfo.me/

I've on the latest browser versions (with extensions):

Moebius 55 (13 ext.), best result: 1.689 seconds

New Moon (10 ext.): best result: 1.5 seconds

bnavigator Browser (2 ext. - Silent Block, uBlock O.): best result: 1.2 seconds...

Arctic Fox (4 ext.): best result: 1.073 seconds - TRUE Best Result from all browsers!

NM SSE 27.9.7 (11-15) 3.54 sec. will now run directly unaltered newest update.
FF  45.9.19 4.2 sec.
FF  45.3.0 ESR  9.1 sec its varying. can be 4.2sec
KM-Goanna 5.15 sec
Chrome 27.0.1453.94 m 7.9 sec
will try arctic fox but i fear no SSE.
remember: i must have 1Gbit/s.

Edited by 3dreal