My Browser Builds (Part 2)

3 hours ago, roytam1 said:
6 hours ago, msfntor said:

"! uBlock Origin is incompatible with Browser 0.9.7308a1. uBlock Origin 1.16.4.10 (disabled). Finally...." - and "Remove" button only.

Do you have any idea from where this problem might have come, please?

you may need to update min/max version in install.rdf as upstream lowered the application version to 0.9.

Could you natively fix this, I mean add necessary code in this browser (and other browsers too, like in your Firefox 45 and Arctic Fox add the possibility to play H.264 videos) so that it could work without my intervention? I'm not the developer - but common mortal. Please.

PS.
I think that in this world there are far more common mortals than developers....I guess, that you can open your nice browsers for all those mortals... millions of them....

2 hours ago, kitaro1 said:

Downloading serpent 55 problem solved.

66ea97702c9efecb.png

ba775ba158b69e74.png

For those that have disabled all browser.safebrowsing items in about:config, check your suspicious or eventually malicious links in these online checkers I use:

Google safebrowsing check: https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search

McAfee WebAdvisor Website Safety Ratings: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sitereport.html?url=msfn.org

Trend Micro Site Safety: https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

Bitdefender TrafficLight: http://trafficlight.bitdefender.com/info?url=&language=en_US

Quttera Free Online Website Malware Scanner: https://quttera.com/scanwebsite

Sucuri Free website security check & malware scanner: https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

ThreatMiner: https://www.threatminer.org/index.php

Norton Safe Web: https://safeweb.norton.com/

On 1/5/2020 at 1:51 AM, msfntor said:

'msfntor' had question about RT BNAV Borealis Browser EXTENSIONS (ADD-ONs) ... 

Just posting this REPLY on basis of more clarity for others , I realize that YOU ('msfntor') know this.
With RT BNAV Borealis Browser EXTENSIONS (like maybe uBLOCK Origin) , you need to add this
to the INSTALL.RDF file and 'nest' (locate) it properly:

<!-- RT BNAV Borealis Navigator XP -->
        <em:targetApplication>
            <Description>
                <em:id>{a3210b97-8e8a-4737-9aa0-aa0e607640b9}</em:id>
                <em:minVersion>0.1.0a1</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>*</em:maxVersion>
            </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>

The "0.1.0a1" moves the 'minVersion' setting to a very low one , which allows the 'install' to happen okay.
The *.xpi EXTENSIONS are 'ZIP' compressed files , so use (free) 7-ZIP software to access the INSTALL.RDF file.

https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/
RT BNAV Borealis Browser (RT URL above) is SEAMONKEY based , and is also ENGLISH Language Only.
This 'Foxy-Proxy' EXTENSION (file name below , at RT URL above) solves PROXY SERVER / PORT situations:
foxyproxy_standard-4.6.5-pm.xpi
Those PROXY SERVER settings are normally 'internal settings' with most Browsers , but NOT that way
with RT BNAV Borealis Browser.

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
SeaMonkey 2.49.5 does support Windows XP OS and also Language Packs (Released 2019.09.04)

Edited by TechnoRelic

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

Could you natively fix this, I mean add necessary code in this browser (and other browsers too, like in your Firefox 45 and Arctic Fox add the possibility to play H.264 videos) so that it could work without my intervention? I'm not the developer - but common mortal. Please.

PS.
I think that in this world there are far more common mortals than developers....I guess, that you can open your nice browsers for all those mortals... millions of them....

Another common mortal here, but I think we've had enough of that same ol' mantra of yours :angry: ; you keep revisiting/reciting the same demands, and I imagine you'll keep doing so unless you have it your own way, pretty much like a spoiled child that keeps crying to have its needs met :realmad: ... 

Common/mere mortals as in browser users (and, mind you, common/mortal browser users are only using the latest Google Chrome version on Win10/Android these days...) are expected to follow and apply detailed and easy to understand instructions others have compiled to mitigate known issues in the niche browser builds they're using in their niche (as in outdated/unsupported by vendor) Windows OSes; those instructions aren't meant for developers, just users!

FirefoxESR 45.9.x and patented decoders support => detailed instructions posted (by me and others) to enable it via Adobe Primetime CDM or LAV Filters DLL files (takes 5min of your time, max...)

Arctic Fox and patented decoders support => this fork is originally meant for MacOS, where h264/aac support is native to the OS; added code is probably needed to accomplish this for Windows, especially for XP...

uBlock0-legacy on BNav => you need only a code/text editor to open/modify/save its "install.rdf" file according to instructions given; other mere mortals here in these forums can, why aren't you willing to? Doesn't take more that 1min, max...

... "Without your intervention?" :angry: This comes across as quite disrespectful to the massive effort exerted by the maintainer of several browser forks; aren't you willing to make yourself even the slightest of efforts? It appears you only want to be spoon-fed, so that your stomach is kept full without "your intervention"... :realmad: Grow up!

To all others: I apologise for the rant-ish nature of my post, but I had to vent...  :whistle:

Edited by VistaLover

39 minutes ago, msfntor said:

For those that have disabled all browser.safebrowsing items in about:config, check your suspicious or eventually malicious links in these online checkers I use:

5e56566f67356651.png

Netcraft extension, disconnect me, uBO

6 hours ago, msfntor said:

For those that have disabled all browser.safebrowsing items in about:config

"safebrowsing" (as well as Tracking Protection) was/is a Mozilla Firefox feature that is reliant upon Google APIs/services; Mozilla, as is vastly known, rely heavily on Google to collect revenue, so they had agreed on "gluing" this feature onto their browser... :angry:

It is currently only relevant to FirefoxESR 45.9.x & Serpent 55/Moebius forks and it's still present in (forked) Moebius because MCP had abandoned the platform before taking the time to remove it...

In UXP browsers builds, these Google provided services (i.e. Block dangerous and deceptive content => Block dangerous downloads + Warn me about unwanted and uncommon software) have been removed by MCP and, if you ask me, that is a blessing in disguise... ;)

This is just me, but I consider (evil) Google to be a malware by definition, so I wouldn't want to be given advice by them on what web page to visit and what file to download... :} The average Joe, using the latest Firefox (in Win10, no doubt...) only gets a (false IMHO) sense of security because all-knowing Google are taking care of him in the background ( :lol: ) ...

Common sense is to be exercised here, of course backed-up by an otherwise updated/secure browser engine, a set of updated privacy/security extensions, including in-browser content blockers (but not a myriad of them...), a supported and up-to-date Security Suite OS-wide and I humbly think no-one's in need anymore of the ever spying/tracking Google... :realmad:

You are entitled to a different opinion, of course ;) ; as said, these are only my own views... :sneaky:

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Could you (RT) natively fix this ...

'VistaLover' has a fairly valid viewpoint , IF expressed in a somewhat 'not quite friendly' manner.
Your messages here in this THREAD sometimes do give the impression that RT has NOTHING else to do
with his TIME than 'fine tune to perfection' the BROWSERS that he compiles and provides them FREE here.
RT is NOT getting PAID MONEY to provide these RT BROWSERS , 'we' are CLEAR on this , right ??? ... :)
It seems as though you 'show up' repetitively with a 'Laundry List' of 'Flaws' that you proudly discovered them.
And somehow , RT is supposed to say like 'how high can I jump' while fixing them ??? ... ;)
Maybe my impression is not quite fair , but as *suggestion* , maybe you could 'tone it down' a notch or two ... :)

30 minutes ago, TechnoRelic said:

'VistaLover' has a fairly valid viewpoint , IF expressed in a somewhat 'not quite friendly' manner.

Oh my God, am I turning into a Matt A. Tobin clone? :dubbio::(

Edited by VistaLover

This is kind of hard to figure out at times but firefox quantum video rendering in Windows 7 works so well since hardware acceleration is enabled but in XP that setting did nothing.

For some reason I thought I’d try again with UXP 52 and mp4 videos play almost as good as Win 7, even twitter. For youtube I’ve disabled ogg and webm to force avc1 mp4a only and playback is so much better. There is definitely gpu accelerated video decoding since the card flashes blue when it’s working properly.

Don’t know what if anything changed with the browser since these ATI Radeon legacy video drivers stopped updating in 2013 but Mozilla 52esr never gave me this performance using the adobe plugin so good job by everybody who’s involved with the project.

"msfntor" - I would kindly suggest that your browsing needs are not the targeted audience for these forked browsers.

What you "need" is Win10 and everything Win10 has to offer.

WinXP "today" really should be considered as "Linux" - a niche audience that is NOT for "everybody".

On 12/12/2019 at 2:19 AM, caliber said:

Nope. his S55 @roytam1 doesn't support this addon and as I have mentioned elsewhere sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't thus I stick with the S52

Yeah. I feel the same and any XP machine is detected as a bot.

what I don't understand is the captcha's algorythm, in some sites it's pretty easy to solve and with other sites it's a true agony

In my opinion i am being slowed down since weeks. Winxp-sse-desktop is on cable. ok must get 1GB/s cable now. But:
win10s- netbook on WLAN has the same 2% only speed. 20 up to 148 Mbps(other server) instead of 1000(1Gbit/s)
since weeks if not months. didnt check with speedtest earlier thought its normal with my half-sick pc..  also removed cable end reset everything, only netbook on WLAN-notjhing changed. SLOW INTERNET. recognized only christmas (24th mnorning here) when it was extremly slow. I would understand themn slowing it down during holidays over newyear. to avoid total crash and everybody can still surf.  upload almost inexistant reg. speedtest.

I only criticized the internet-gigants...Provider has now my router-data. he could not ping it...! and will tell me if i should reset to factory default

will get new speedy i7 laptop within one week. and could try out for free a new provider. maybe my provider is not guilty. signal telling i am getting full speed. 1 GBit/s.
shop downstairs will check Wlan-speed on their provider-our monopolist. my provider yplay is not on their servers. So only be warned if all older OS-users will be slowed down considerably. everything is possible.

And: regarding Protonmail(geneva). google them i mentioned it before. They dont have login-access on winxp.
will slowly update and setup all three browsers correctly. is not the case at the moment. but i dont believe thats the reason. PC is clean.
Could still be a network-problem here. only dont know where to look at. how to check is there a tool?
renew drivers maybe. sfc /scannot done. Tks I am desperate. yes SSE2 reactivation underway. 1 mio other tasks.

27 minutes ago, 3dreal said:

In my opinion i am being slowed down since weeks.

Maybe problem is in some services (Messenger...)- clean them strongly, look too on ctfmon activity... delete it.

- And your fan?... Clean or change it maybe...dust