My Browser Builds (Part 2)

44 minutes ago, msfntor said:

@RoyTam1,

Latest Firefox-45.9.19 20200104 - New Tab retains addres from the precedent, first tab.

Precedent version is OK (on this problem)....

try redownload it

@RoyTam1,

Now, firefox-45.9.19-20200104-ddcd778f4-win32-sse doesn't have precedent problem, this tab problem is gone!

BUT: In latest Moebius 55: basilisk55-win32-git-20200104-dc63b5b94-xpmod - have big new problem: download make 1 hour?... or 2 hours another file download? indication in download display....

So I've cancelled this download in the latest Moebius 55, downloaded with New Moon....

Then I dare to ask in Kitaro1's way: to make usable (by everybody) browsers, could you please give modifications to support HTML5 (H.264, MSE & H.264) in some of your browsers that miss this essential, crucial feature (bnavigator before all, then firefox 45, ArcticFox). Please.

Working Link to test youtube HTML5 features ( yes I post this link for those of you who don't know this link, not for you):

http://web.archive.org/web/20190805082454/https://www.youtube.com/html5

Edit:

Latest bnavigator (Borealis) bnavigator.win32-20200104-beb2221f-uxp-26b297510-xpmod - check to remove uBlock O. - so NOT usable by me...I would like to have the uBlock O., uMatrix etc, sorry...

- latest version of your Borealis working with uBlock Origin is from 20190907 ...

Edited by msfntor

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

In latest Moebius 55: basilisk55-win32-git-20200104-dc63b5b94-xpmod - have big new problem: download make 1 hour?... or 2 hours another file download? indication in download display.

not happening here.

dj1igam.png

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Latest bnavigator (Borealis) bnavigator.win32-20200104-beb2221f-uxp-26b297510-xpmod - check to remove uBlock O. - so NOT usable by me.

also not happening here.

pFG31kZ.png

2 hours ago, luweitest said:

There is abnormality in displaying news feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/chinadigitaltimes/IyPt

Thunderbird 52 could display the subscription in full text, but Serpent 52 only displays part of the articles. Ctrl-U shows that <description> part is displayed, while <content:encoded> part is not. Is this intended behavior?

Tb52 is fully featured RSS reader, while Sp52 is just a web browser. Even official Fx52 behave in same way.

<content:encoded> is not parsed by design.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, roytam1 said:

hard to tell. since it is webextensions and it was removed by upstream,

javascript console says:

18:05:01.299 Type error for parameter createProperties (Property "openerTabId" is unsupported by Firefox) for tabs.create. 1 background.js:4

but 4.8 seems to be working

and for workaround, you may just disable Firefox compatibility.

Thanks for your reply.

A listing from the javascript console says that the "openerTabId" property in the "tabs.create" function is no longer supported. Apparently, the "openerTabId" property has been removed by upstream.

I found the "openerTabId" property inside the Tampermonkey extension - only one entry in the file "\firefox@tampermonkey.net.xpi\rea\background.js". I removed the "openerTabId" property in this file (as in the screenshot below).

Clip272.1578221533.png

This solved the problem. The Tampermonkey extension 4.9.5921 works fine in the latest Serpent build. Menu items now working.

Thanks again for your builds.

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:
2 hours ago, msfntor said:

In latest Moebius 55: basilisk55-win32-git-20200104-dc63b5b94-xpmod - have big new problem: download make 1 hour?... or 2 hours another file download? indication in download display.

not happening here.

basilisk 55 download files roytam1:

7e4aa9c2b19b9aeb.png

Firefox 71.0 download files roytam1:

bb7fab0850f2ac31.png

Internet 50Mbs...

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

not happening here.

Moebius 55: now I don't have this "download big time" precedent problem, now download is in seconds like befoe, it's good.

Then to remove from downloads (file persisted after restart of the browser), I've clicked to remove, in Library downloads window...

Automatic check and "disabled" uBlock O. problem in bnavigator browser all more recent versions (after version 20190907 that are OK so I'm keeping it) - "not happening here" you wrote, but here is my sad reality in about:addons tab:

"! uBlock Origin is incompatible with Browser 0.9.7308a1. uBlock Origin 1.16.4.10 (disabled). Finally...." - and "Remove" button only.

Do you have any idea from where this problem might have come, please?

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

"! uBlock Origin is incompatible with Browser 0.9.7308a1. uBlock Origin 1.16.4.10 (disabled). Finally...." - and "Remove" button only.

Do you have any idea from where this problem might have come, please?

you may need to update min/max version in install.rdf as upstream lowered the application version to 0.9.