My Browser Builds (Part 2)

I'm sorry too; profiles.ini does exist in my Serpent 55 installation:339078745_Serpent55.PNG.dc7d328a2bb8972ccc5a7dabd6f232b5.PNG

You do need to create a second profile in order for changing the setting to 0 to work, though.

Edited by Mathwiz

On 12/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, 3dreal said:

Yes i had set the xpinstall.signatures.required to false- long beforehand.

... This specific pref, which I DID NOT mention in my attempt to help you (once more...), is to enable you to install UNSIGNED extensions in your Firefox[Nightly]ESR v45.9.18 copy; FALSE is its default setting; so, when starting with a new/clean profile, there was nothing for you to set beforehand! In any case, that pref you brought up has nothing to do with language packs, which are unsigned!

On 12/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, 3dreal said:

Nightly prevents from installation. SSE here.

And, pray tell, what is the message Nightly (45.9.18esr) spawns? Installing a compatible language pack has nothing to do with having an SSE only processor; if you're able to launch and run the browser, then you should be able to install a langpack on it!

The language pack, through the proper installation process, would end up in the "extensions" subfolder inside your nightly-45.9.18 profile folder (which, needless to say, should be writable by your user account); to locate your profile folder:

about:support => Profilordner => Ordner anzeigen

raT1Ccx.jpg

You've also asked how to tell which version of Firefox[Nightly]-45.9.18 is currently running in your system: simple answer is the latest you have installed in your system, if you only have that one (the latest) and only that one present in your system; don't keep various versions around, install the new one OVERWRITING the previous one!
Sadly, the Uber Firefox popup doesn't notify about build ID (but this should be fixable in code, should @roytam1 indulge...) and only displays 45.9.18; but you can again use "about:support" to have an indication of the build ID; the latest available compile, file "firefox-45.9.18-20191123-a1b817dab-win32-sse.7z", has a build ID=20191122161113 (this number is actually a timestamp in ISO format => Nov 22nd 2019, 16:11:13), so its "complete" version would be 45.9.18 (32-bit) (2019-11-22)

nUCL6gv.jpg

As for a German language pack for @roytam1's Firefox 45.9.18 (SSE-only compatible) fork, the screenshots already posted are a testament to my original guide to you... I can assure you that the de.xpi file I linked to previously is FULLY compatible and installable in a new/clean profile of the browser, where the only extension installed is uBlock0-legacy 1.16.4.11:

llMZXo9.jpg

I couldn't begin to imagine why it won't install in your case... What is consistent with your many other reported issues in these forums is that your OS/system is fundamentally borked... Adding to whatever issues at the OS level (hardware, permissions, etc.), you probably also have corrupted browser profiles (possibly due to launching/mixing the same profile with different browser versions, due to incompatible extensions, God knows what...), so, though I genuinely wish to assist you, it's becoming quite hard to do...

If you can download the de.xpi file in another browser/system, try opening about:addons in your Nightly-45.9.18 browser and drag-and-drop it there; it should install (most certainly in a clean profile)...

Zuss :hello:

Edited by VistaLover

11 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I'm sorry too; profiles.ini does exist in my Serpent 55 installation:339078745_Serpent55.PNG.dc7d328a2bb8972ccc5a7dabd6f232b5.PNG

You do need to create a second profile in order for changing the setting to 0 to work, though.

Ah, in Application Data , I see now, thank you Mathwiz for this screenshot!

PS.

...anyone here with Windows XP has a proxy/VPN extension working in Firefox forks, please?

Edited by msfntor

msfntor said:
> Ah, in Application Data , I see now, thank you Mathwiz for this screenshot!

Ouch... Attention! Now you're confusing again something important:
the screenshot (and further info) is great but was only meant to show you that "profiles.ini" exists, nothing else. It does NOT mean that all profiles of everyone else are always found in the same path too. Although it's the most usual and the default path, but still not 100% reliable: different users with different browser types or installation methods etc. can have different profile paths too. So if you don't verify your own path, you risk backing up the wrong folder.

Borrowing VistaLover's screenshot from above again :-)
Simply click on the marked BUTTON below!
This is the ONLY 100% reliable way to open your real, current PROFILE folder.
And when that folder is open, step 2 levels higher (provided you do do know how to step higher?)
raT1Ccx.jpg

2 hours ago, siria said:

msfntor said:
> Ah, in Application Data , I see now, thank you Mathwiz for this screenshot!

Ouch... Attention! Now you're confusing again something important:
the screenshot (and further info) is great but was only meant to show you that "profiles.ini" exists, nothing else. It does NOT mean that all profiles of everyone else are always found in the same path too. Although it's the most usual and the default path, but still not 100% reliable: different users with different browser types or installation methods etc. can have different profile paths too. So if you don't verify your own path, you risk backing up the wrong folder.

Borrowing VistaLover's screenshot from above again :-)
Simply click on the marked BUTTON below!
This is the ONLY 100% reliable way to open your real, current PROFILE folder.
And when that folder is open, step 2 levels higher (provided you do do know how to step higher?)
raT1Ccx.jpg

YES siria, thank you, I've foud with your instructions, after stepping 2 levels higher, under \Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk

15 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... This specific pref, which I DID NOT mention in my attempt to help you (once more...), is to enable you to install UNSIGNED extensions in your Firefox[Nightly]ESR v45.9.18 copy; FALSE is its default setting, since roytam1's fork is based on an ESR branch; so, when starting with a new/clean profile, there was nothing for you to set beforehand! In any case, that pref you brought up has nothing to do with language packs, which are unsigned!

And, pray tell, what is the message Nightly (45.9.18esr) spawns? Installing a compatible language pack has nothing to do with having an SSE only processor; if you're able to launch and run the browser, then you should be able to install a langpack on it!

The language pack, through the proper installation process, would end up in the "extensions" subfolder inside your nightly-45.9.18 profile folder (which, needless to say, should be writable by your user account); to locate your profile folder:

about:support => Profilordner => Ordner anzeigen

raT1Ccx.jpg

You've also asked how to tell which version of Firefox[Nightly]-45.9.18 is currently running in your system: simple answer is the latest you have installed in your system, if you only have that one (the latest) and only that one present in your system; don't keep various versions around, install the new one OVERWRITING the previous one!
Sadly, the Uber Firefox popup doesn't notify about build ID (but this should be fixable in code, should @roytam1 indulge...) and only displays 45.9.18; but you can again use "about:support" to have an indication of the build ID; the latest available compile, file "firefox-45.9.18-20191123-a1b817dab-win32-sse.7z", has a build ID=20191122161113 (this number is actually a timestamp in ISO format => Nov 22nd 2019, 16:11:13), so its "complete" version would be 45.9.18 (32-bit) (2019-11-22)

nUCL6gv.jpg

As for a German language pack for @roytam1's Firefox 45.9.18 (SSE-only compatible) fork, the screenshots already posted are a testament to my original guide to you... I can assure you that the de.xpi file I linked to previously is FULLY compatible and installable in a new/clean profile of the browser, where the only extension installed is uBlock0-legacy 1.16.4.11:

llMZXo9.jpg

I couldn't begin to imagine why it won't install in your case... What is consistent with your many other reported issues in these forums is that your OS/system is fundamentally borked... Adding to whatever issues at the OS level (hardware, permissions, etc.), you probably also have corrupted browser profiles (possibly due to launching/mixing the same profile with different browser versions, due to incompatible extensions, God knows what...), so, though I genuinely wish to assist you, it's becoming quite hard to do...

If you can download the de.xpi file in another browser/system, try opening about:addons in your Nightly-45.9.18 browser and drag-and-drop it there; it should install (most certainly in a clean profile)...

Zuss :hello:

sorry for quoting but i learned a lot of news.
1. i could not overwrite til these days since the installer worked. Started right from folder. New Tip 1. removing older versions.

2. I already answered the language-pack-problem. couldnt install from link but by adding file.
3. Since i have no alternative desktop-pc running let alone a backup i cannot experimenting. Only what i risked was UOC -patch/enforcer.installation.
4. i have been reporting-for myself-different behaviours. after updating, after resetting browser.
5. It could be-in the past-that i downloaded newest version(Installer was not working only palemoon portable loader) but didnt run and linked them. thats why i wanted to know how which version. New Tip 2. FF nightly 45.9.18 version in about:support
6. Uninstallation: Revo uninstaller portable also doesnt show up any of the three. Also have ACE uninstaller-to be verified. maybe full version of Revo would have recorded them. Many thanks
Except script-problems on certain sites and browsers the only major annoyance is crashing from time to time. also explorer-crashes.
Yes i studied a lot about that. Must definitively switch to other larger drive. Only lack of time.

Here you have to watch (to test) WOW Animal Facebook video So sad!:

All is OK by:

RoyTam1's Borealis fork: Browser 0.9.0a1 (32-bit) Build 201911290. And latests New Moon 28 and Serpent (Basilisk) 55.

But:

RoyTam1's Firefox 45: video doesn't play.

- read at the top of the page: "We won’t support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser" ... And on the video window: "Something went wrong. We're having trouble playing this video. To watch the video, please upgrade your browser." If click Learn More button: "Update Your Browser ... You’re using a web browser that isn’t supported by Facebook." and blah, blah ..

Serpent 52: video play good.

- read (after restarting browser sometimes I'don't see this): "We won’t support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser" - if click Learn More button: "Update Your Browser ... You’re using a web browser that isn’t supported by Facebook. To get a better experience, go to one of these sites and get the latest version of your preferred browser:" blah, blah.

After new override.facebook.com string in about:config I've made in Serpent 52, no more these creepy terrifying reads '("we don't support this browser soon ...").

So sad!

PS.

Remove Facebook's nag overlay pop-up with Behind The Overlay Revival (Serpent 55), or Dissmiss The Overlay (Firefox 45, New Moon, Serpent 52).

And to remove Facebook's login page, restart the tab.

Edited by msfntor
So sad!

I managed to test the WOW Animal "So Sad!" video on Firefox 45.9.18 ESR (11232019), and was able to play the video as long as I didn't have a useragent override (general.useragent.override) setting in place. I also set general.useragent.site_specific_overrides to false. It seems as if both of those conditions have to be met before the video will play.

Guys, how hard can you make this?

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

RoyTam1's Firefox 45: read at the top of the page: "We won’t support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser"

Facebook will nag you if it sees you're running FF 45. I recommend going into about:config, creating a new string preference called general.useragent.override.facebook.com, and setting it to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0. @roytam1's FF 45 builds support SSUAOs of this kind, so this will tell Facebook you're running FF 57 on Win 7, and it won't nag you anymore. No need to install any browser add-ons.

1 hour ago, ClassicNick said:

I also set general.useragent.site_specific_overrides to false. It seems as if both of those conditions have to be met before the video will play.

Please don't do this! It's not required and will only disable the above setting, ensuring you get nagged by FB to update your browser.

And on the video window: "Something went wrong. We're having trouble playing this video. To watch the video, please upgrade your browser."

As explained earlier, FF 45 doesn't have built-in support for h.264 video. You need to add something....

All is OK by:

RoyTam1's Borealis fork: Browser 0.9.0a1 (32-bit) Build 201911290. And latest New Moon 28 and Serpent (Basilisk) 55.

Since those browsers run on your PC, you have an sse2 processor; therefore, you could install the Adobe Primetime CDM using the instructions at the first post of @mixit's thread. I've confirmed that Primetime works with @roytam1's FF 45 builds.

However, most FF 45 users probably don't have sse2 processors. Those users should instead download the @roytam1 LAV filters for their architecture (links are in the first post of his original thread), and unpack them into the same folder as firefox.exe.

Either method will let FF 45 play videos. I believe other possible methods (e.g., Flash, Silverlight) are no longer supported by FB, but I may be wrong about that.

New build of Serpent/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rths.ml/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.4.win32-git-20191207-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.ml/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.4.win64-git-20191207-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z

source code that is comparable to my current working tree is available here: https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commits/custom

IA32 Win32 https://o.rths.ml/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.4.win32-git-20191207-2529b2ede-xpmod-ia32.7z

source code that is comparable to my current working tree is available here: https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commits/ia32

NM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rths.ml/palemoon/palemoon-28.8.0a1.win32-git-20191207-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.ml/palemoon/palemoon-28.8.0a1.win64-git-20191207-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Remove unnecessary calls to ReparentFloatsForInlineChild in nsInlineFrame. (6ea8e51aa)
- Issue #1302 followup - Add spec-compliance checks/errors (d88f471cb)
- No issue - Clean up libxul mozbuild a little (a2a84fcb2)
- Issue #1307 - Part 1: Remove MALLOC_VALIDATE (a7878bacf)
- Issue #1307 - Part 2: Remove disabled code blocks (388073a03)
- Issue #1306 - Move bundled fonts to toolkit (5102aa579)
- Issue #1307 - Part 3: Assume MOZ_MEMORY is always enabled. (a954e19ea)
- Issue #1307 - Part 4: Stop using variable-length arrays. (b4b589a11)
- Issue #1307 - Part 5: Remove allocation tracing. (90508a464)
- Issue #1307 - Part 6: Remove dead code behind PTHREAD_MMAP_UNALIGNED_TSD (3b361d830)
- Issue #1307 - Part 7: Add missing MALLOC_STATS (75c7e4749)
- No Issue - Don't use a hard coded path for win_srcdir in comm-style configurations (f6fb48d08)
- Issue #1308 - Create nsDisplayTableBackgroundColor to avoid display list collisions when processing the background color of a table. (0f001155a)
- Issue #1309 - Fix handling of display rows where the elements are not forming a monotonically increasing sequence (e.g. with position:sticky) (cb65f6d10)
- Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP (2554b96d6)
- No Issue - Add checking in platform/ for clobber.py because it can only know hardcoded values in comm-style configurations (c8d03b9fe)
- Issue #1307 - Part 8: Remove deprecated sysctl.h inclusion. (fcc84d7b9)
- Merge pull request #1310 from MoonchildProductions/jemalloc_cleanup (b8a16acae)
- Issue #1313 - Bump Firefox compatMode version to 68.9 (246bf49b0)
- Properly detect failure in receiving plugin NPObjects. (74f15fb2d)
- Use mutex in PACResolver when accessing mRequest from multiple threads. (d8282a0da)
- Check if we're already at the end of the frame's content. (44967b330)
- Update identifier map entries and notify if they get removed. (5d4c82e09)
- Fix incorrect values for saving ordered lists as text. (e287979b3)
- Initialize all fields of GdkEvents in nsClipboard.cpp (d558cf664)
- [NSS] Bug 1508776 - Remove unneeded refcounting from SFTKSession (836e72e96)
- Check return value of PeerConnectionImpl::GetFingerprint. (9811aa2e1)
- [NSS] Bug 1586176 - EncryptUpdate should use maxout not block size. (d927df43e)
- Add missing call to WaitForIsDebuggerRegistered (c0ab25726)
- Update NSS version. (2529b2ede)

My changes since my last build:
-  keep using upstream NSS-3.44.3, with NSS Bug 1508776 applied.

New build of BOC/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
MailNews Win32 https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/mailnews.win32-20191207-dcb628c2-uxp-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z
Browser-only Suite Win32 https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/bnavigator.win32-20191207-dcb628c2-uxp-2529b2ede-xpmod.7z

source patch (excluding UXP): https://o.rths.ml/boc-uxp/boc-uxp-src-xpmod-20191123.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- [UXP] Update branch commit pointer (09652b30)
- Stop leeching off Pale Moon for emoji font as it is now in toolkit (097c59d1)
- Remove extraneous subst (a4f7be09)
- Stop leeching off Pale Moon's searchplugins (1f572f64)
- [Navigator] Remove local search engines (c69988a8)
- Remove Submodule (428b986a)
- Change the MOZILLA_DIR path (726bbcba)
- Add submodule (81f26254)
- [Mail] Update wordmark (3b02cc2b)
- Update version2k to work with any version length and use an a1 suffix on generated msbuild stamps (2f39aed7)
- Use version2k for navigator (376ed48c)
- Add command to version2k to JUST get YYYYMMDD (ca746757)
- Access version2k from fake mach (344876fb)
- Use MOZ_PKG_SPECIAL to append MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT to the end of the package name (e11b29ea)
- Update platform commit pointer (f1a2c83a)
- Update fake-mach to properly init the submodule (c2045698)
- Revert "Use MOZ_PKG_SPECIAL to append MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT to the end of the package name" (11c60055)
- [Navigator] Remove about:rights (53e06224)
- Part 2 (c911ab2c)
- [Navigator] Conform official branding to unofficial (8cbab84e)
- [Navigator] Remove unused files from official branding (5fbedf22)
- [Navigator] Add real official branding (1e9340e5)
- [Navigator] Add mac icons (a009838b)
- [Navigator] Make the throbber dependant on application branding (f7f5004c)
- [Navigator] Put the throbber back on the toolbar by default (6f1f3e1e)
- [Navigator] Allow the print toolbar button (796df9df)
- [Navigator] Use brandFullName for main window title (23750538)
- [Navigator] Fix official throbbers using forbidden Moonchild powers (dcb628c2)

For UXP changes please see above.

New build of Firefox 45ESR:

Test binary:
SSE https://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/firefox-45.9.18-20191207-082eb5b14-win32-sse.7z
IA32 https://o.rths.ml/gpc/files1.rt/firefox-45.9.18-20191207-082eb5b14-win32-ia32.7z

repo: https://github.com/roytam1/mozilla45esr

Changes since my last build:
- import changes from tenfourfox:
 - #578: M1322864 M1585106 M1597043 (7758ebb12)
 - #578: M1579060 M1586176 (f3f295615) (5a4e033f1)
- import UXP change:
 - [NSS] Bug 1508776 - Remove unneeded refcounting from SFTKSession (836e72e96) (082eb5b14)

Edited by roytam1

16 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

As explained earlier, FF 45 doesn't have built-in support for h.264 video. You need to add something....

Yes, look to about:support page in RoyTam1's Firefox 45, under Graphics setion: "Supports Hardware H264 Decoding    No; Failed to create H264 decoder" ...

Maybe RoyTam1 would like to add, if the time would be convenient for him - add the necessary missing files, it would be nice for everyone! 

16 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Facebook will nag you if it sees you're running FF 45. I recommend going into about:config, creating a new string preference called general.useragent.override.facebook.com, and setting it to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0. @roytam1's FF 45 builds support SSUAOs of this kind, so this will tell Facebook you're running FF 57 on Win 7, and it won't nag you anymore.

20 hours ago, msfntor said:

After new override.facebook.com string in about:config I've made in Serpent 52, no more these creepy terrifying reads '("we don't support this browser soon ...").

Sure (too in Serpent 55...), we could set all Firefox from 52 version, to ex. 99, like default value in New Moon: (string with Preference Name: general.useragent.override.facebook.com):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:99.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.9 (Pale Moon)

So sad! link from yesterday works no more to me (cause Facebook demand Sign Up ...- never here!), so this one maybe are good for your Wonderful Nature WOW clips:

Edited by msfntor
Facebook demand Sign Up ...

15 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Yes, look to about:support page in RoyTam1's Firefox 45, under Graphics setion: "Supports Hardware H264 Decoding    No; Failed to create H264 decoder"

please checkout 1st reply in this thread.