My Browser Builds (Part 2)

54 minutes ago, i430VX said:

I have updated my Unofficial RoyTam1 browser installer to version 3.01!
change log:
-fixed download of FF45 SSE (was downloading a .gpc file instead of the 7z)

as always, keep me updated with bugs, feature requests, and problems.
:)

get it here:
http://i430vx.net/files/XP/RoyTam Browser Installer.exe

:thumbup

Can I use your installer to update a previous installation?

16 hours ago, mockingbird said:

:thumbup

Can I use your installer to update a previous installation?

Like win32 said, yep! even k-meleon, i made it back up the profile first for that one, since its in the program folder. planning on making it more seamless for other browsers (as in, not deleting the UOC patch if installed)

On 11/25/2019 at 12:55 AM, Vistaboy said:

FWIW on FF 45.9.xx no problem going beyond legacy with uBlock0 1.18.16, so with SP52.9...

I've then downloaded this Roytam1's version (firefox-45.9.18-20191123) of Firefox 45, and then removed this browser, because it gave me big problems - many extensions which are worked before some time (a few months ago), became incompatible, and especially (the next day) no more possibility to save (no more window with right click) or delete bookmarks (with many items become grayed out in right click menu window, I'm administrator). Bookmarks problems caused by some incompatibilities with other extensions or browsers, maybe?...

I don't download it again, cause I don't need so many browsers... I also think of removing the BNAV Borealis (no built-in ability to install extensions, until now), my SeaMonkey 2.49.5 is better with uBlock O. and SeaTab X 2.

Thanks to the opportunity to install many extensions I consider indispensables, love especially Serpent 55 Moebius, too Serpent 52 and New Moon. Many many thanks, Roytam1!

EDIT 2:

I've found the culprit which caused bookmarks problems in Firefox 45: Privacy Possum extension; didn't want to open its window either. Removed it, restarted browser, and all is OK. with bookmarks now.

In about:addons page I've 3 extensions that are incompatible (so disabled) with this Firefox Nightly 45.9.18 (the same incompatible extensions in precedent version 45.9.17 20191026): Behind The Overlay Revival 0.1.7, CanvasBlocker 0.5.5, Policy Control 0.3.5.

Privacy Possum 2019.7.18 works good in Serpent 55 / Moebius (in Serpent 52 it didn't want to download, so I've downloaded Ghostery instead).

Edited by msfntor
English spelling: Thanks to the opportunity ... no built-in ability ...then another edit: added version name: firefox-45.9.18-20191123, then about culprit ...

@roytam1 I would like to report a bug I have stumbled upon, in Firefox 45 ESR SSE, the latest release. If I try to access Raymond Hill's main page on GitHub:

https://github.com/gorhill

The browser freezes. It happens with and without the UOC Patch, both on the RDD, on my i7 laptop and on my Core2 Duo Compaq Deskpro DC7800 I have at work. To make sure it wasn't caused by the Patch or the Enforcer, I have set up a clean profile without the UOC Patch and the Enforcer installed on all the machines.

The page loads fine in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.

Edited by looking4awayout

@looking4awayout,

your github page instantly opens in the latest Roytam1's firefox 45 with 9 extensions here (in 1.17 seconds) ...

Edited by msfntor
in 1.17 seconds .. with 9 extensions

Hi there,

First I'd like to thank you for keeping XP alive with these browsers. I was using Seamonkey before but when most video sites switched to html5 I couldn't play any videos except youtube. Then I searched and found your browsers. For quite a while I was able to play html5 videos from most websites. But since about a month ago it lost compatibility. Do I have to reinstall Lav  ?

8 hours ago, msfntor said:

@looking4awayout,

your github page instantly opens in the latest Roytam1's firefox 45 with 9 extensions here (in 1.17 seconds) ...

The link I posted? On my computers it freezes. And I tested it on the RDD, an i7 and a Core2 Duo... Without the UOC Patch, extensions, on a clean profile.

Edited by looking4awayout

10 hours ago, msfntor said:

@looking4awayout,

Work for me too, clean profile no patched yet, only Ublock Origin 1.16.4.11.

Some other extensions (freshly installed) work but after i close FF45.9 and re-open it they go in "stand-byesque" status and don't work anymore. But it's not a irreversible state as in the panel extensions/add-ons clicking on disactivate and activate does the trick and every suspended extensions is back to work.

8 hours ago, tekkaman said:

Hi there,

First I'd like to thank you for keeping XP alive with these browsers. I was using Seamonkey before but when most video sites switched to html5 I couldn't play any videos except youtube. Then I searched and found your browsers. For quite a while I was able to play html5 videos from most websites. But since about a month ago it lost compatibility. Do I have to reinstall Lav  ?

SeaMonkey doesn't contain HTML5 playback code?  Really?

Thank you kitaro1,

On WaybackMachine Internet Archive we have 30 captures of legacycollector.org, and latest is from Nov 10, 2019.

... don't forget some very useful extensions I use:

Bitdefender TrafficLight: trafficlight-0.2.17.1-signed.1-signed.xpi - for New Moon,

Ad Blocking FiltersetP: for New Moon, Serpent 52, Serpent 55 / Moebius ...

whitelist javascript websites (Javascript Whitelist): whitelist-javascript-websites-0.0.5.xpi - for New Moon, Serpent 52, Serpent 55 ... It reloads the current page, after changing its state (enabled, disabled) - very good.

Edited by msfntor

14 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

SeaMonkey doesn't contain HTML5 playback code?  Really?

Well, SM 2.49.5 (last for XP) doesn't, anyway. You either have to install Adobe Primetime or copy some DLL's from one of @roytam1 browsers.

We had a bit of an adventure trying to figure this out in the original (now closed) thread, but we eventually did figure it out, and we now have two ways to play HTML5 videos in SM 2.49.5.

Note: That only applies to Windows XP. On newer Windows versions SM 2.49.5 can use WMF to play HTML5 videos, but XP lacks WMF.

Edited by Mathwiz

23 hours ago, tekkaman said:

I was using Seamonkey before but when most video sites switched to html5 I couldn't play any videos except youtube.

I realize you were asking another question, but if interested, instructions to get HTM5 video playback in SM 2.49.5 are here: