Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
wimc

Hello from Washington State

Just to say hello from Washington State, I'm 54 year old (55 sometime next month) male. Bought a computer roughly few years ago with Windows 10 Home and hated it, so I burned Bodhi Linux 5 (64 bit) to DVD and now quite content. I do have an older computer (dated 2000/01) that runs Windows XP Professional SP3, have always loved Windows XP, trying to keep this going.

50 minutes ago, wimc said:

I do have an older computer (dated 2000/01) that runs Windows XP Professional SP3, have always loved Windows XP, trying to keep this going.

that's the matter we like helping with :)

• Like 1

Some specs about the older computer, and will always be Win XP Pro:

Dell Dimension 4500 (tower), Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4 GHz, 1 GB ram, 40GB HDD, Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420 (64 MB), realtek ethernet, 17 inch display at 1024x768 resolution.

So far to date, only replaced the hard drive, video card, network card, and the monitor. Computer is running strong, reason I joined this forum and RyanVM (registered in 2018) is learning more.

Very well could be dated 2002.

Edited by wimc
Added to post and Corrections

On 10/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, wimc said:

Some specs about the older computer, and will always be Win XP Pro:

Dell Dimension 4500 (tower), Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4 GHz, 1 GB ram, 40GB HDD, Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420 (64 MB), realtek ethernet, 17 inch display at 1024x768 resolution.

So far to date, only replaced the hard drive, video card, network card, and the monitor. Computer is running strong, reason I joined this forum and RyanVM (registered in 2018) is learning more.

Very well could be dated 2002.

Hooray! No need to spend 700+ USD on new hardware when a now $20 computer will do the job just fine. Gotta love Linux, otherwise my Dell Latitude D600 could not possibly stream video on kisscartoon and watch Spongebob! ;)

I'm also from Washington too and attend Community College :)