What Variant of Windows XP Is this??

cc333

Take a look at the photos in this eBay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-C640-Windows-xp-wireless-card-installed-WORKING/362759505871?hash=item547626c7cf:g:-VkAAOSwlqJdg-Ga

What do you see? I see a very unusual version of Windows which claims to be Windows XP Pro Lite?

Does this actually exist somewhere, or is it a custom job? I'm leaning toward the latter so far, but thought maybe some of you could weigh in....

c

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Looks to me like it's a transformation pack of some sort along with Advanced System Care installed due to the monitoring widget in the upper right hand corner.

My guess too. Custom theme and an extra desktop widget thrown in. Some of those these can really, really make XP look like a completely different beast. Especially with desktop widgets like Rainmeter.

The taskbar and the toolbox do really resemble Windows Longhorn, so I’d say it’s either some weird xp mod with some skin pack or it is just modded longhorn.

After rechecking the post again when I am not so sleepy anymore, I can completely agree with @ED_Sln.

This is a common pirated build of XP SP3, with added themes, drivers, and removed components (which are superfluous in the author’s opinion). Logos and a link in the system properties clearly indicate this. The word Lite usually means that most components, services, and standard drivers are removed or disabled.

Edited by Windows 2000

This is a common pirated build of XP SP3, with added themes, drivers, and removed components (which are superfluous in the author’s opinion). Logos and a link in the system properties clearly indicate this. The word Lite usually means that most components, services, and standard drivers are removed or disabled.