RLoew (1952 - 2019) has passed away.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:27 AM, cov3rt said:

i was wondering if anyone has any information / tested the MULTCORE sdk to allow dual core usage in 98/SE/ME provided by rloew, i only was able to locate the demo version but not the full package. the readme does not mention windows 95, so i assume it's not supported unless someone has tested it? 

was actually wondering about purchasing that package myself.  got a nice quad opteron I'd like to be able to use at least two cores of for some apps in ME.

• 4 weeks later...

I just came to know about this guy's work. What a legend! Rest in peace.

Some great work from this guy:

● AHCI CD DOS Driver
● AHCI for Windows 9x
● Full Disk encryption for Windows 9x
● PTCHCDFS - To correct displayed size of DVDs on Windows 9x
● Blu-Ray writing and reading support for Windows 9x
● >4GB file support for Windows 9x
● 48 bit LBA support for Windows 9x (HDD up to 2 TB)
● SATA support for Windows 9x
● >4GB RAM support for Windows 9x
● API Redirector for Windows 9x
● HDD Advanced Format support for Windows 9x
● SSD TRIM DOS program for DOS/Windows 9x on FAT32 file system
● 9x shell32 patch with newer functions
● Windows Driver Model (WDM) API Extender
● Update slipstreaming for Windows 9x !

Simply AMAZING! Thank you Rudolph Loew, you will not be forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 10:47 AM, Dave-H said:

So shocked to hear this, it was only a month or so ago that I was corresponding with Rudolph about a disk partition alignment program that he had just built.
I use several of his programs, to enhance my Windows 98 installation, and to do things like applying TRIM to my FAT32 SSD.
He was an absolute genius, up with the very top experts on this forum IMO.
67 is no age to go nowadays.
RIP Rudolph.
:(

Thank you for the kind words about my father. Rudy has two sons. Jason loew is his blood son and we have the same mothers and I am Tony Sotomayor. Rudy was my step dad. I miss him so much.And Im glad to see how he impressed his fellow programmers on this thread and how much they respect his work. I knew as a child Rudy was very intelligent and a gifted programmer. If anyone would like to download a picture of Rudy when he was in his last year in College at University of Oklahoma 1970(Sooner 1970). I have a pic of him that was taken of him at the Engineers Club Engineers week party pic. Maybe someone can put it on this thread or something? He was young fresh leaving college and healthy. Picture is how I like to remember him. You can email me direct for that pic or anything else you want to know about my dad at jasongeo2@aol.com

122199352_1030685464079016_7778403429774316354_n.jpg

3 hours ago, jasongeo2 said:

Thank you for the kind words about my father. Rudy has two sons. Jason loew is his blood son and we have the same mothers and I am Tony Sotomayor. Rudy was my step dad. I miss him so much.And Im glad to see how he impressed his fellow programmers on this thread and how much they respect his work. I knew as a child Rudy was very intelligent and a gifted programmer. If anyone would like to download a picture of Rudy when he was in his last year in College at University of Oklahoma 1970(Sooner 1970). I have a pic of him that was taken of him at the Engineers Club Engineers week party pic. Maybe someone can put it on this thread or something? He was young fresh leaving college and healthy. Picture is how I like to remember him. You can email me direct for that pic or anything else you want to know about my dad at jasongeo2@aol.com

Welcome to MSFN, Tony! I wish it were under better circumstances, but we're glad to see you here. Thank you for the picture of your dad.. I know I probably speak for several others here as well when I say I wish I had known more about Rudy and been able to get to know him better personally. I exchanged many, many emails with him, and always enjoyed hearing about whatever he was experimenting with at the time. We once discussed meeting up if I were ever in New York, but unfortunately I never got the opportunity... One never knows the future, but if I had had any idea he would be gone so soon I would have MADE the opportunity. :(

I haven't been able to work much lately on the page that I was making that is dedicated to Rudy's work, but I will add this picture to it, and I would be glad to add any other such things as might be interesting.. I thought about making a short biography type page, but it's hard to know where to begin, and it's depressing to realize just how few details you know about someone else's life and interests outside of whatever subjects you've discussed, even when you considered them a close friend...

@jasongeo2 Thanks for taking the time to come by and share your words, with utmost respect from the MSFN community. To the Windows 9x/ME part on this forum he was/is almost a father figure in terms of his influence on the people in the current scene and his work will never be forgotten due to everything he's brought in his time. Even if the works aren't the type of thing you'd see too often, if at all, in a commercial environment, isn't life supposed to be about happiness, and passing the happiness onto others even after you've ascended from life? <3

Make sure you keep that in mind yourself, and for anyone in your future life, or well, anyone you can possibly pass that onto. Be content with what positivity you've brought, regardless of how small it seems: one person might not like it, is another person may treasure it for their life.

Edited by Koishi Komeiji

• 1 month later...

I'm too late! Only now I came to know about R.Loew's amazing work towards making Windows 9x usable even now. What a legend he was!!!

Very saddening news. RIP R.Loew :(. You will be gone but NEVER forgotten 

Edited by TECHGEEK

• 1 month later...

I just joined msfn this month and already a great forum member had died this is sad news :(  we should make an annual day each year Called rloew in his honer to celebrate the many achievements he's made on here R.I.P rloew you will be missed-legacyfan

Edited by legacyfan
Fixed Spelling

• 8 months later...