RLoew (1952 - 2019) has passed away.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:32 AM, LoneCrusader said:

I noticed those as well... if I were going to guess I would say that those files are Rudy's notes on changes he was making for an updated version. The question is whether or not these changes were pushed into the "current" source code; whether or not these versions were ever actually built; whether or not they exist anywhere stand-alone, or whether they may only exist in use on his testing machine(s). :unsure:

I have yet to go through stuff on what I think are his testing machines. I have plans for doing that mid next week though. 

I can use this info (knowing that there might be an RFDISK 3.1) to help me figure out if I'm looking at something more recent than what I am working off of.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, rloew said:

I have yet to go through stuff on what I think are his testing machines. I have plans for doing that mid next week though. 

I can use this info (knowing that there might be an RFDISK 3.1) to help me figure out if I'm looking at something more recent than what I am working off of.

It's been a while since I've logged in here so I'm glad to see you're still posting. I really hope that you and the family are doing well and that some sort of comfort is starting to set in.

Rudy's death really hit hard for me for several reasons. One of them because even though I wouldn't consider him a great friend, I still considered him a friend and I really respected him. But also, because of what led him to passing away. Heart problems run in my family. I'm 30 going on 31 in a few months and I'm also extremely overweight. I was literally in a race car speeding towards heart problems and other awful stuff. Since his passing, I started eating healthier and a lot less. I stopped binging all together and no longer have the desire to stuff myself full of sweets. I also joined the local gym and I work out four to five times a week now. Since the end of September I'm down 22 pounds and I'm feeling great! My knee no longer hurts when I walk and I'm not completely wiped out after walking only four blocks. I still have a super long journey ahead of me but considering how hard life was getting for me and then Rudy's unfortunate passing, it really started clicking that I needed to do something otherwise it won't be long and I'd end up joining him. So while this is really for me in the end, I want to dedicate a part of this to Rudy's memory, a great man taken from us way too early.

I haven't posted to this topic yet, but since Tommy's heartfelt post above, let me do so now.

I've also been shocked and saddened at Rudolph Lowe's passing. I never interacted with him directly or bought any of his patches, but i greatly enjoyed -- and benefited from -- his posts here, and found him to be an extraordinarily-gifted, knowledgeable, and helpful individual. We will miss him, his insightfulness, and his willingness to share.

I'm also happy to see that his work will continue to be made available by his family -- a deep thank you for this. The archives of his software on the web will be a shining star to his memory and work. And i, too, appreciate hearing R. Loew's story from his family. My condolences to them in this period of healing.

Nevertheless, his loss will remain an enduring one in our small community here, just as his reputation will be enduring. Rest in peace, Rudolph R.

- Doug B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, Damnation said:

It's an updated version of his AHCI driver to fix BSODs on AMD Ryzen B350/B450 chipsets

thanks!
what about Marvell cntrls? there was big problem - ahci driver make system unbootable if found any Marvell...
its ver 3.0, which i already has tested. problem remain...

On 11/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, rloew said:

something more recent

hello again! :hello: can u look for other Rudolf's creatures?

for me - find please latest version of TERABYTE PLUS PACKAGE.
https://rloewelectronics.com/Programs/Patchtb.htm
me interesting "PATCHES" folder from this package.

and also, someone (not here) ask me about full version ENCRYPTED DISK PATCH.
https://rloewelectronics.com/Programs/Patchenc.htm

and... if possible... :) also look for:
CDTOOLS:   CD/DVD/BD Tools Package.
MULTCORE:  SDK to support Multiple Cores.
FILE64:    Large File Emulator API Hook for Windows 98.
MEMORY64:  64-Bit Memory SDK for Visual C++.
DLLHOOK:   API Redirector with KernelEx Support.
SHELL32:   DLL Redirector to support missing SHGetFolder Functions.
2000ATA:   Patch to allow Windows 2000 SP4 to be Installed in Large Drives.

please upload it all to https://rloewelectronics.com/

sorry if i too annoying... :blushing:

Edited by MERCURY127
small refinements

On Samstag, 14. Dezember 2019 at 4:29 PM, MERCURY127 said:
On Samstag, 30. November 2019 at 4:27 PM, Damnation said:

It's an updated version of his AHCI driver to fix BSODs on AMD Ryzen B350/B450 chipsets

thanks!
what about Marvell cntrls? there was big problem - ahci driver make system unbootable if found any Marvell...

I tried the AHCI Driver 3.0 on a Asus P5B (i P965/ICH8) three weeks ago. Afterwards ME wasn't bootable anymore. But, it was just one test so far. I plan to have a closer look soon. It might be that I had done something wrong. 

• 4 weeks later...

i knew the name sounded really familiar as soon as read the thread title. Rest in Piece buddy.

EDIT: HOLY HELL!!! People are using his stuff to boot 9x on Ryzen!?!?!? Damn Rloew, you did tremendous service to the community.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, MERCURY127 said:

thanks!

hello again! :hello: can u look for other Rudolf's creatures?

for me - find please latest version of TERABYTE PLUS PACKAGE.
https://rloewelectronics.com/Programs/Patchtb.htm
me interesting "PATCHES" folder from this package.

and also, someone (not here) ask me about full version ENCRYPTED DISK PATCH.
https://rloewelectronics.com/Programs/Patchenc.htm

and... if possible... :) also look for:
CDTOOLS:   CD/DVD/BD Tools Package.
MULTCORE:  SDK to support Multiple Cores.
FILE64:    Large File Emulator API Hook for Windows 98.
MEMORY64:  64-Bit Memory SDK for Visual C++.
DLLHOOK:   API Redirector with KernelEx Support.
SHELL32:   DLL Redirector to support missing SHGetFolder Functions.
2000ATA:   Patch to allow Windows 2000 SP4 to be Installed in Large Drives.

please upload it all to https://rloewelectronics.com/

sorry if i too annoying... :blushing:

Well, I got most of these. I know I have the rest, I've seen them but they weren't in the stuff I had easily accessible.

• 4 weeks later...

@RLoew: Thanks for the recent update of your site with the additional downloads. Much appreciated!

@LoneCrusader: I'm not able to access the RLoew archive that was on your website. FF gives the following message:

"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to lonecrusader.x10host.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."

- DougB

1 hour ago, DougB said:

@LoneCrusader: I'm not able to access the RLoew archive that was on your website. FF gives the following message:

"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to lonecrusader.x10host.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."

- DougB

My hosting provider has been making a lot of changes lately, some of which directly prevented me from further updating the section devoted to Rudy's work for a few weeks. I can make changes again now, but I'm not certain what the issue with the certificate is. I can't see any options anywhere that I can control that affect it. So far the only solution to bypass the security warning seems to be to ensure you're using http:// to access it rather than https://. I have modified the link in the earlier post as such.

• 1 month later...

I just accidentally found out about this while googling for totally unrelated things... damn.

Feels... odd... sad...

While not much, we have exchaged a few words in the past...

Such a great loss for the community.

Rest in Peace, Rudolph

5 hours ago, LoneCrusader said:

A heads up for those who are interested; I have uploaded a few more pieces of Rudy's work to my site. These are mostly things that weren't advertised or well known.

Only to let you know how dinosaurs simply love green text on black background BUT they cannot see blue on black. :(

jaclaz

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Only to let you know how dinosaurs simply love green text on black background BUT they cannot see blue on black. :(

... while, amber on black is also much loved, hence a great alternative for blue on black...  :angel