Modern hardware drivers for 32bit XP

Dibya

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Yep :), Vista users (all three of them ;) ) will be extremely happy ... :whistle:

jaclaz

2 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Hey, somebody has to do it :D

I will try .

I don't remember what version of the Crimson drivers I used, but when I edited the INF to include references for XP (aka NT 5.x), I was able to get them to install, but they error-ed out with a Code 10 or 39 (can't recall which).

Simply getting them to install is half the battle, right?

c

24 minutes ago, cc333 said:

I don't remember what version of the Crimson drivers I used, but when I edited the INF to include references for XP (aka NT 5.x), I was able to get them to install, but they error-ed out with a Code 10 or 39 (can't recall which).

Simply getting them to install is half the battle, right?

c

yo

@Dibya I could run Vista x86 on my HP 15-g065nl, which is based on AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5. I downloaded official HP Catalyst drivers, took Win7 x86 INFs and renamed all NT6.1 sections in NT6.0 and manually selected drivers from Device Manager. I did that with all AMD drivers, the only that didn't work was the internal TPM. No bugs, no crashes, no BSoDs. XP refused to start installing because I couldn't switch to IDE legacy mode on that limited BIOS.

If it can help, there are a bunch of ASRock mobos for AMD platform (FM2+ and AM1) that have XP drivers for APU integrated Radeon R3/4/5/6/7 GPUs. Maybe, it is possible to port them for other chips.

P.S.: I used Vista for a couple of weeks, just for fun!! :rolleyes:

Edited by zago27
Post Scriptum

19 hours ago, zago27 said:

@Dibya I could run Vista x86 on my HP 15-g065nl, which is based on AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5. I downloaded official HP Catalyst drivers, took Win7 x86 INFs and renamed all NT6.1 sections in NT6.0 and manually selected drivers from Device Manager. I did that with all AMD drivers, the only that didn't work was the internal TPM. No bugs, no crashes, no BSoDs. XP refused to start installing because I couldn't switch to IDE legacy mode on that limited BIOS.

If it can help, there are a bunch of ASRock mobos for AMD platform (FM2+ and AM1) that have XP drivers for APU integrated Radeon R3/4/5/6/7 GPUs. Maybe, it is possible to port them for other chips.

P.S.: I used Vista for a couple of weeks, just for fun!! :rolleyes:

Could you give me some links to those MB driver websites?

20 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Could you give me some links to those MB driver websites?

I picked up a random board: ASRock AM1H-ITX; supported CPUs Athlon and Sempron AM1 SoC with integrated Radeon R3; supported OSes WinXP, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 (both 32/64 of every edition)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AM1H-ITX/?cat=Download&os=XP

VGA Driver (71,76 MB)

Another type of board: ASRock FM2A88M-DG3+; supported CPUs A4, A6, A8, A10 FM2/FM2+ APU with integrated Radeon HD7xxxD series (Ax-5xxx), HD8xxxD series (Ax-6xxx, A4-7xxx), R5 (A6-7xxx), R7 (A8-7xxx, A10-7xxx); supported OSes WinXP 32, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 (32/64 but XP)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88M-DG3+/?cat=Download&os=XP

VGA Driver (263,38 MB)

Both links provide Catalyst 9.0 for XP32 and XP64. I hope that helps!!

6 hours ago, zago27 said:

I picked up a random board: ASRock AM1H-ITX; supported CPUs Athlon and Sempron AM1 SoC with integrated Radeon R3; supported OSes WinXP, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 (both 32/64 of every edition)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AM1H-ITX/?cat=Download&os=XP

VGA Driver (71,76 MB)

Another type of board: ASRock FM2A88M-DG3+; supported CPUs A4, A6, A8, A10 FM2/FM2+ APU with integrated Radeon HD7xxxD series (Ax-5xxx), HD8xxxD series (Ax-6xxx, A4-7xxx), R5 (A6-7xxx), R7 (A8-7xxx, A10-7xxx); supported OSes WinXP 32, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 (32/64 but XP)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88M-DG3+/?cat=Download&os=XP

VGA Driver (263,38 MB)

Both links provide Catalyst 9.0 for XP32 and XP64. I hope that helps!!

Those drivers are dated December 2014... Unfortunatly, my card came out in June 2015, so I would need newer drivers. Thanks for the links, tho!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Good Job Dibya on porting some of these XP drivers for Haswell.

Currently working on Skylake Z170.

The most important drivers in my opinion for successful XP operation.

Intel SATA AHCI driver for XP

Intel HD Graphics HDMI video

Intel HD Graphics HDMI audio

Intel USB 3.0 operating as USB 2.0

Intel Wired Ethernet

Intel Wireless Ethernet - optional

Have you had any success porting the Intel USB 3.0 controllers?  They work fine under XP as USB 2.0 controllers on Z77.  No need for an internal USB card so I'm wondering if you've attempted to modify these for Haswell or Skylake?

Intel 7 Series C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26

Intel 7 Series C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D

Edited by 98SE

@98SE Intel driver back-port is in progress but i have not got enough confident to share still now .

I brought a Asus Z170 A board with GTX1080 to repair my skylake build but i am not getting enough free time for now .

Within this summer i will try to do something please wait

I am studding XHCI architecture so that i can write my own driver 

Holy wow, Dibya, you are knocking it out of the park with these. I wish I could do something to help, but at this juncture all I can really do is cheer you on.

Recently, I saw on the Beta Forums your thread discussing some of your projects to keep XP relevant. It cheesed me off to see people on those forums, a forum dedicated to preserving and enjoying older/beta versions of operating systems, screech at you for having the audacity to continue using XP. I don't understand what drives people to such irrational hatred; it's not just Microsoft's FUD campaign, I think, because I'm starting to see the same sneering and condescension toward people using 7 or 8.

I've had an interest in overhauling my desktop rig (which uses XP64) since I first started coming here. I don't have the money to justify such an overhaul yet, though, but I'll gladly volunteer to help test out drivers when I can!

Yeah, my CompSci instructor jeers at me for using 8.1! I finally installed a sandboxed Windows 10 VM to appease him :)

I don't care if people disagree that I'm running outdated operating systems (although 8.1 is anything but old); If it works and does what I need, so be it. I will only upgrade if I either see a quantifiable and/or beneficial improvement (and, with Windows 10, I haven't, and probably never will), or I am forced because of new hardware (when my current hardware dies/becomes too old to be useful, I'll be stuck with Windows 10 and macOS 10.12+, and I'm not looking forward to it).

There is the matter of safety, but I feel that at least 75% of that is FUD 50% of the time, and with that, I figure that with good browsing habits and a well configured firewall, it shouldn't be too big a problem.

c

Only the CRap heads will support 10 . Nothing new

The OS which crashed WatCh dogs 2 almost at the end , My gaming session was lost and i cannot save .

Opened Firefox , Os started saying use Garbedge it is better

I want to beat those guys making 10

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dibya said:

Can anyone confirm whether Rensas usb 3.0 driver work on intel  with inf mod ?

If you can provide the driver and modified INF I can test it for you.