Modern hardware drivers for 32bit XP

Dibya

7 minutes ago, spookymulder90 said:

Can I try it too? :)

surely let greenhillmaniac to repack it.

I made your laptops all driver working,.

Currently patching nvdias mobile series driver like Gt750M

Edited by Dibya

1 hour ago, spookymulder90 said:

I want to try it on Radeon HD7970, Device IDs:  1002 6798 (from Internet, I can't run PC with Radeon right now).

It has official driver for XP.

Oh, right, I forgot about it. But which version of driver you patched? 

I made your laptops all driver working,.

Currently patching nvdias mobile series driver like Gt750M

That's nice :)

Edited by spookymulder90

Ok, just tested 2 AMD XP drivers, both original unmodded versions and with your file. Here are the results:

- AMD Catalyst 14.4 unmodded - added all the necessary info of the R9 380 into the INF file, does not work.

- AMD Catalyst 14.4 modded - added all the necessary info of the R9 380 into the INF file... The driver seemed to install correctly, and asked for a reboot, but after reboot it couldn't load drivers, error 39.

- AMD iCafe unmodded - added all the necessary info of the R9 380 into the INF file... The driver seemed to install correctly, and the screen flashed black, but it gave error 10.

- AMD iCafe modded - same as 14.4 modded. Error 39.

I'm sorry to say this, but the modded files don't work :(. I copied the system files into System32 and System32\drivers as instructed.

12 minutes ago, cc333 said:

Have you been able to do anything with the AMD A6 APU w/ Radeon R4 Graphics drivers I posted above?

c

There are 2 ways to mod the drivers to make them work on XP. You can mod the OS to stub/support certain system calls the new Windows 7 drivers need, and work around XP's limitations, or mod the XP drivers themselves to support more graphics cards. The mod @Dibya provided does the later. As such it only works with the XP made drivers. Windows 7 and XP are way too different, unfortunately.

And, as I've said, it did not work on my system. I tried different driver combinations, with no luck. Try asking @Dibya for the mod and see if it works on your system.

Edited by greenhillmaniac

8 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

There are 2 ways to mod the drivers to make them work on XP. You can mod the OS to stub/support certain system calls the new Windows 7 drivers need, and work around XP's limitations, or mod the XP drivers themselves to support more graphics cards. The mod @Dibya provided does the later. As such it only works with the XP made drivers. Windows 7 and XP are way too different, unfortunately.

And, as I've said, it did not work on my system. I tried different driver combinations, with no luck. Try asking @Dibya for the mod and see if it works on your system.

if not working in your system it means it will not work anywhere. I will try next week again.

which is the best version of crimson graphics?

10 hours ago, Dibya said:

if not working in your system it means it will not work anywhere. I will try next week again.

which is the best version of crimson graphics?

Well... you could try the most recent stable ones, the 16.7.3... You could check out my post on AMD driver versions, and start from there, too:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175825-about-amd-drivers-on-vista/?do=findComment&comment=1127335

26 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Well... you could try the most recent stable ones, the 16.7.3... You could check out my post on AMD driver versions, and start from there, too:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175825-about-amd-drivers-on-vista/?do=findComment&comment=1127335

Dependency fixes are not enough .

Amd guys blocked nt5.0/5.1/5.2/6.0. I should remove those codes by filling with nops by using ollydbg

1 minute ago, Dibya said:

Dependency fixes are not enough .

Amd guys blocked nt5.0/5.1/5.2/6.0. I should remove those codes by filling with nops by using ollydbg

Like I said, I am your guinea pig. If you ever need to test those changes, I'm usually available.

I still believe you should start by making the drivers work on Vista, seeing that it's much closer to 7, and wouldn't require too much reverse engineering, compared to XP.

1 minute ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Like I said, I am your guinea pig. If you ever need to test those changes, I'm usually available.

I still believe you should start by making the drivers work on Vista, seeing that it's much closer to 7, and wouldn't require too much reverse engineering, compared to XP.

making it run on vista is more problem. Word WDM 1.1 is blocked in hal.dll

I should try

Just now, greenhillmaniac said:

Yep :), Vista users (all three of them ;) ) will be extremely happy ... :whistle:

jaclaz