Event IDs 15 and 16 Happening Now and Then On Windows 8

Jody Thornton

**** FULL DISCLOSURE ****  (I also posted this on this DM Eight Forums)

Refer to this link, which gives and indication of what I experience now and then in the Event Viewer. Only the first two events are what I get:
Event 16, Kernel-General

Now it's important to note that I have had no Event 18 show up in Event Viewer, nor have I had sudden reboots. In fact, everything runs fine and seems normal. The last time when this appeared was when I looged out of my workstation, and back in again within a few minutes. I did not restart my system. I only received the first two events for amcache.hve and the reorganization of NTUSER.DAT.

Could there be any reason OTHER THAN a hardware failure, that causes this message to appear? Thanks for all of your help.
:)

Edited by Jody Thornton

As it seems to be hardware related, you better check your memory and mass storage devices.

Also if you haven't done it, disable fast boot, it is a potential source of troubles.

Good luck

alacran

I don't have fast boot enabled (I assume your talking in Windows 8, and not the BIOS)

Mine is not an EFI system by the way..  I actually ran a chkdsk /r with the installation DVD-ROM, and it did find bad sectors.  It relocated the clusters and marked them as bad.

19 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

I don't have fast boot enabled (I assume your talking in Windows 8, and not the BIOS)

Yes, you are right.

19 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Mine is not an EFI system by the way..  I actually ran a chkdsk /r with the installation DVD-ROM, and it did find bad sectors.  It relocated the clusters and marked them as bad.

This is a good candidate to cause the issue.

But I suggest you also check your RAM just to eliminate another potential cause.

You can use MemTest86: https://www.memtest86.com/

Download MemTest86 v8.2 Free Edition for UEFI: Image for creating bootable USB Drive on a Windows/Linux/Mac system

Download MemTest86 V4.3.7 (OLD RELEASE) free version for Bios: Image for creating bootable USB Drive

alacran

Edited by alacran