New Aero Glass Release 1.5.12 for Win10 v1903 (Many Thanks!)

JTB3

On 10/9/2019 at 3:54 AM, raiden89 said:

As you see from my screenshot below...this is still asking for the debugging tools. I also clicked Retry anyway on the Incompatibility box from Aero Glass and it didn't do anything. I had to kill DWM again and then click Cancel to get glass to work again.

image.thumb.png.5a49c586c18a12e0054e9af992d212aa.png

That's not a PDB Downloader, that's some script written by someone else that expects Debugging Tools.

54 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

That's not a PDB Downloader, that's some script written by someone else that expects Debugging Tools.

I have tried the PDB Downloader, doesn't work, at least not on 1909, I still get the error. I just click retry or cancel and it goes away, I am sure there will be a fix for it put out a few weeks before 20H1 is released, then we will need the fix for 20H1.

Edited by DarkKnight

31 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

I have tried the PDB Downloader, doesn't work, at least not on 1909, I still get the error. I just click retry or cancel and it goes away, I am sure there will be a fix for it put out a few weeks before 20H1 is released, then we will need the fix for 20H1.

Did you put the updated files into the Aero Glass folder and did you restart your computer? It should make Aero Glass work again. If you did, restart the computer and when it promts the incompatibility issue window, click on Cancel and now, the translucent effects should be in effect.

P.S.: I'd like to try this workaround out for 20H1. I hope it works.

17 hours ago, Klamatiel said:

No, it will identiy itself as 1909, when the official update is out. 1903 (19H1) is 18362, 1909 (19H2) is18363. That depends if BM will add it at some point.

Hmm okay, well barring any unforeseen bugs it doesn't seem like BM will have lots to do this time around which is nice! Hopefully DWM and Explorer stop changing radically from this point on.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:57 AM, SkyySX said:

Hmm okay, well barring any unforeseen bugs it doesn't seem like BM will have lots to do this time around which is nice! Hopefully DWM and Explorer stop changing radically from this point on.

Installing the latest Windows Insider build of Windows 10 SDK might do the trick.  It worked for me about a 14 months ago.  No guarantees, but, if you cannot wait, up to you.

35 minutes ago, sbkw1983 said:

Installing the latest Windows Insider build of Windows 10 SDK might do the trick.  It worked for me about a 14 months ago.  No guarantees, but, if you cannot wait, up to you.

To curb the error-message that you have to cancel or what are you referring to? We already know the current build of Glass8 works fine on 1909, there's just this error message you have to click away because the build isn't whitelisted.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 4:52 AM, SkyySX said:

To curb the error-message that you have to cancel or what are you referring to? We already know the current build of Glass8 works fine on 1909, there's just this error message you have to click away because the build isn't whitelisted.

Since v1909 has hit general release, my previous post should be disregarded.  I was attempting to imply that Windows Insiders *might* be able to address the error message by way of installing the Windows Insider version of Windows 10 SDK (assuming, of course, that a corresponding Windows Insider version of Windows is running).

14 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

Since v1909 has hit general release, my previous post should be disregarded.  I was attempting to imply that Windows Insiders *might* be able to address the error message by way of installing the Windows Insider version of Windows 10 SDK (assuming, of course, that a corresponding Windows Insider version of Windows is running).

Ah okay I see, I get it now.

Working great on Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.476) as well. Just needs the version check to be updated... I'm guessing the errors showing up all over that log are due to version check failing to recognize the build as compatible.

47N7Uqh.png

kJVWbYP.png

debug.log

Edited by JoshuaVL1988

• 4 weeks later...