New Aero Glass Release 1.5.12 for Win10 v1903 (Many Thanks!)

JTB3

If an AeroGlass error message pop ups after a Windows Update + reboot, yes!

If it doesn't help after download new symbols and a reboot AeroGlass needs an update!

Edited by Cris_

13 hours ago, Cris_ said:

If an AeroGlass error message pop ups after a Windows Update + reboot, yes!

If it doesn't help after download new symbols and a reboot AeroGlass needs an update!

Well now I'm a bit anxious since it was reported that it should work after the 1909 update with the correct symbols right

I thought the license key made it so symbols didnt have to be downloaded manually. Every time I reboot it pops up saying glass is incompatible. I really dont care to install debugging tools to download symbols when I donated for the license key lol.

Edited by raiden89

17 hours ago, Klamatiel said:

It does work, just press Cancel.

2 hours ago, raiden89 said:

I thought the license key made it so symbols didnt have to be downloaded manually. Every time I reboot it pops up saying glass is incompatible. I really dont care to install debugging tools to download symbols when I donated for the license key lol.

So wait are there problems on 1909 for some users now or not? Whenever a smaller Windows update came through my symbols always auto-updated and I never got an error message.

15 hours ago, SkyySX said:

So wait are there problems on 1909 for some users now or not? Whenever a smaller Windows update came through my symbols always auto-updated and I never got an error message.

With current version of Aero Glass, you'll always get a warning about unsupported Windows version because that build is not on the supported builds list. After you cancel it, it'll work as usual (including symbol downloads).

21 hours ago, raiden89 said:

I've had the same issue with the symbols not downloading after Win 10 cumulative updates.  Here's a very simple tool/method to manually download the symbols without the need to install the Windows Debugging Tools.  Simply:

1. Download the free/open-source 'PDB Downloader' here: https://github.com/rajkumar-rangaraj/PDB-Downloader/releases
  2. Run the standalone program and set the 'Saving To:' directory to your local AeroGlass/Symbols location:
  3. Next, in the PDB Downloader, open the following 2 files:
       • C:\Windows\System32\dwmcore.dll
       • C:\Windows\System32\uDWM.dll
  4. Press the 'Start' button at the bottom to begin the download process (see screenshot below).
  5. Voila!  Now simply hit 'Retry' on the Aero Glass error window, kill/restart dwm.exe in Task Manager, or reboot.  You are now 'good to go!' 

PDB_Downloader_2019-10-05_21_23_14.png.4d7f46ec9f1ed1838767807f4c9145e5.png

The above 'works like a charm' in just seconds anytime there is an issue with the AeroGlass symbols and requires no installation of the win debugging tools.

Hope this helps! -JT :cool:

Edited by JTB3

9 hours ago, UCyborg said:

With current version of Aero Glass, you'll always get a warning about unsupported Windows version because that build is not on the supported builds list. After you cancel it, it'll work as usual (including symbol downloads).

6 hours ago, JTB3 said:

I've had the same issue with the symbols not downloading after Win 10 cumulative updates.  Here's a very simple tool/method to manually download the symbols without the need to install the Windows Debugging Tools.  Simply:

1. Download the free/open-source 'PDB Downloader' here: https://github.com/rajkumar-rangaraj/PDB-Downloader/releases
  2. Run the standalone program and set the 'Saving To:' directory to your local AeroGlass/Symbols location:
  4. Press the 'Start' button at the bottom to begin the download process (see screenshot below).
  5. Voila!  Now simply hit 'Retry' on the Aero Glass error window, kill/restart dwm.exe in Task Manager, or reboot.  You are now 'good to go!' 

The above 'works like a charm' in just seconds anytime there is an issue with the AeroGlass symbols and requires no installation of the win debugging tools.

Okay I get it now and tested it in a VM. Yeah AeroGlass seems to work perfectly on 1909 with the Symbols downloaded but the small nag where I have to press "Cancel" at each boot is enough to annoy me to not install 1909 yet on my main machine at home :P I'll wait till we get a new build of AeroGlass, seems like all BigMuscle has to do is to add 1909 to the supported list anyway :)

Hmm ok. So hitting cancel does let glass work as normal...but having to do that even though its working is probably something that could be fixed in the future. Hitting retry actually stops glass from working oddly enough. I will check out that PDB downloader. I am indeed on 19H2 18363 builds and even though there's not many differences between 18362, its still "incompatible".

Thanks everyone!

On 10/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, JTB3 said:

As you see from my screenshot below...this is still asking for the debugging tools. I also clicked Retry anyway on the Incompatibility box from Aero Glass and it didn't do anything. I had to kill DWM again and then click Cancel to get glass to work again.

image.thumb.png.5a49c586c18a12e0054e9af992d212aa.png

Are you sure you are running as admin? The titlebar of the cmd window doesn't mention that (also i don't get that when i run it nor do i have DGB tools installed).

Also make sure that C:\AeroGlass is the default folder.

Deleted symbols folder, AG redownloaded them, the incompatibility warning is there. I guess it's normal, as 19H2 (aka1909) isn't hardcoded yet into AG as safe.

Edited by Klamatiel

On 10/9/2019 at 1:29 AM, Klamatiel said:

Are you sure you are running as admin? The titlebar of the cmd window doesn't mention that (also i don't get that when i run it nor do i have DGB tools installed).

Also make sure that C:\AeroGlass is the default folder.

Deleted symbols folder, AG redownloaded them, the incompatibility warning is there. I guess it's normal, as 19H2 (aka1909) isn't hardcoded yet into AG as safe.

I ran PDB Downloader as admin, chose the 2 files, chose my C:\AeroGlass\symbols folder (if I don't then it doesnt put the symbols in the symbols folder, just puts them in the AeroGlass folder), then hit Start. That CMD window pops up (not in admin even though PDB Downloader is running as admin) and gives all those error messages.

But yeah...I think that the issue is not with the symbols but that its technically incompatible.

10 hours ago, raiden89 said:

I ran PDB Downloader as admin, chose the 2 files, chose my C:\AeroGlass\symbols folder (if I don't then it doesnt put the symbols in the symbols folder, just puts them in the AeroGlass folder), then hit Start. That CMD window pops up (not in admin even though PDB Downloader is running as admin) and gives all those error messages.

But yeah...I think that the issue is not with the symbols but that its technically incompatible.

Bizarre!   I've run/tested the PDBDownloader on my Win10 laptop, which does NOT have the debugging tools installed on it, and it runs/downloads the symbols perfectly (without any need to run as admin)!  I'm not sure what's different on your system or what could be causing that CMD window to appear.  Even the Github home page for the repository says specifically that 'No Debugging tools are Required' and 'No Admin access' required.  https://github.com/rajkumar-rangaraj/PDB-Downloader ...

Edited by JTB3

I'm wondering about one thing, once the final consumer update for Windows 10 1909 will roll out, will AeroGlass still have this error at launch that you click away? I understand this currently happens because 1909 is not written into the "is supported" build-list. Although since Microsoft changed the Windows Update process this time around, if you get the update through Windows Update your Windows will still identify itself as 1903 just with a newer sub-build, in this case 1903 Build 18363. You'll only get the 1909 identifier if you come from an Insider Ring or installed clean from a 1909 ISO. So with this change, will Aero Glass see Windows 10 1903 Build 18363 as "safe"?