New Aero Glass Release 1.5.12 for Win10 v1903 (Many Thanks!)

JTB3

30 minutes ago, GRGaming said:

Hello everyone! I am a first-timer at the MSFN forums as an active user. So please accept my best apologies if I'm rambling in this post.

So I wanted to make Windows 10 prettier. I've downloaded the latest version of Glass8 and installed it under Windows 10 1903. As you can see, I've even applied a custom theme atlas. But there's an issue with it: it can't apply the atlas image on the UWP app's title bars (as it can be seen in this picture), unlike in a custom version of Windows 10 called Aero10. Is there any way to apply the theme atlas to the UWP apps without using UxStyle (because it breaks Windows 10 1903 when I install it)?

Képernyőfelvétel (1)-min.png

Well , AG doesn't work the same depending on UWP I noticed . Seems something related to what you are pointing : UWP titlebar . I have mail , weather , etc working well but like you w10 settings doesn't skin . Even BM wrote acrylic theme won't be necessary with AG 

18 minutes ago, innuendo33 said:

Well , AG doesn't work the same depending on UWP I noticed . Seems something related to what you are pointing : UWP titlebar . I have mail , weather , etc working well but like you w10 settings doesn't skin . Even BM wrote acrylic theme won't be necessary with AG 

For me, every single UWP app is not able to adapt the custom theme atlas, unless if I use Aero10 (but if I would like to use it, I have to format my system drive, which is not good for me considering that I've already done the "format c:" thing a couple of days ago). It would be nice to have an app that can patch the UWP apps to adapt the theme atlas image properly.

Edited by GRGaming

On 8/5/2019 at 7:34 AM, swimm12984 said:

Try THIS, though it won't install for me. I really just need the zipped up file.

Edit: Found the zipped file in case anyone needs it HERE.

Thank you! glass8.eu site hasn't been fixed yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 3:10 AM, nitinvaid20 said:

is this not working on google chrome as i dont see any transparency there and if anyone can guide me how can i use AeroGlassGUI to customise it would be really helpful please

Check out this thread: 

hello thanks for the new release,

however it seems like there is a bug with Microsoft edge

when you open lots of tabs , the tab may go under the minimize & close buttons

I've attached a picture illustrating the bug with win 10 pro x64 1903

win8aero.png

Just giving a heads up to folks.

1.5.12 does not work on the 19H2 release that is 18363.329 (as opposed to the 18362 branch). There arent that many differences, but it has caused Glass to give an incompatibility error and doesn't download new symbols and thus, does not get transparency. I understand that it is not meant to work on beta versions of Windows but I'm sure some folks may start wondering.

If someone has a fix, post it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, raiden89 said:

Just giving a heads up to folks.

1.5.12 does not work on the 19H2 release that is 18363.329 (as opposed to the 18362 branch). There arent that many differences, but it has caused Glass to give an incompatibility error and doesn't download new symbols and thus, does not get transparency. I understand that it is not meant to work on beta versions of Windows but I'm sure some folks may start wondering.

If someone has a fix, post it!

This post listed above gives instructions to manually download the latest W10 symbols to work with any version of AeroGlass.  I recently used this technique after the previous cumulative update, and I expect it should work fine for the 19H2 update... -JT :cool:

Edited by JTB3

15 hours ago, Cris_ said:

I'm on 1909 Build 18363.387 now and latest AeroGlass works after reload the symbols!

Nice! Did the symbols update automatically with a License Key? Any issues or annoyances like having to click "Retry" each boot?

Follow JTB3 post!

After set the requirements  (Debugging Tools, copy sym_load.cmd to AeroGlass directory) delete the symbols folder in the AeroGlass directory and run the cmd to download the new symbols. reboot!

sym_load.cmd

Edited by Cris_

13 hours ago, Cris_ said:

Follow JTB3 post!

After set the requirements  (Debugging Tools, copy sym_load.cmd to AeroGlass directory) delete the symbols folder in the AeroGlass directory and run the cmd to download the new symbols. reboot!

sym_load.cmd 473 B · 1 download

I see, would I also have to do that if symbols always downloaded automatically in the past?