Help with unattended Hotfixes

Ok,

This is my first time trying this. I am trying to create a unattended XP SP1a install

with all the hotfixes installed. I am in the process of and downloading the patches and adding them to the svcpack.inf. Ok this is were I am stuck I noticed some hotfixes to do not have a catalog file *.cat, such as Q828035 or Q828741. How do

you install these, do you just put them in the [setupHotfixesToRun] to section and not worry about the [ProductCatalogsToInstall] ?

are youjust opening the hotfixes with winRAR or someting similar? Some of the hotfixes do not show all the files contained within them when using this method. Run the hotfix with the /e (i think /e is right) in order to extract the hotfix. Hope this works for you

why would you need to extract the hotfixes anyway? I have every hotfix on my cd and none of them had to be extracted?

you don't need to have the Catalog entries unless you are slipstreaming the rollup update, I install all of my hotfixes through the [setupHotfixesToRun] section...