Help please! I have all drivers working except for sound

Duck42069

Hello everyone, I have an HP G6 1c40ca with an amd cpu that doesn't officially support Windows XP. I have it dualbooted with xp x32 and 7 x64 and I have gotten every single driver to work except for my IDT sound out of my laptop speakers, but I am able to use headphones and speakers with aux.

Hardware ids:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C169B&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C169B

compatible ids:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

device instance id:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C169B&REV_1001\4&2D8A4ABD&0&0001

I have tried many, many drivers but on the support page you can download the sound driver for 7 and if you extract it you can see it has a vista and xp driver for both x32 and x64 but the inf files for xp never have my device, only very similar ids.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g6-1c00-notebook-pc-series/5145708/model/5173140

so, does anyone know if I can somehow modify the driver to make it work properly?

Thanks.

Edited by Duck42069

What do you mean you can't find the HWID in the XP drivers? I could find them under the sp550356\WDM\WinXP\STHDA.inf file - line 488 Here's the screenshot proving that the HWID does exist.

I recommend unpacking sp55036.exe using Bioruebe's Uniextract tool, and run the setup.exe included inside, if this doesn't work then you should manually update the device using devmgmt.msc.

Edited by IntMD

Weird, I think I mightve been searching through the wrong files, I have like 50 folders similar to this, but I think I tried the driver and had no success, I'll try again.

EDIT: I've done it with the setup and manual way, they say theyre working in device manager and still work with aux but not the laptop speakers.

I'm probably just gonna give up and install win7 x32

Edited by Duck42069
a

If the sound works, then the driver is installed and working. To select the sound output, you need to start the sound card control panel; for IDT, it is located in the control panel.

Go to Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel and see if the right audio devices is set as default. Also check the IDT controls in Control Panel as well.

922_HOW5005332B_005.gif

Also a stupid question: are the laptop speakers actually working in other OSes? :)

7 hours ago, Duck42069 said:

On win7 the sound works straight out of the box. The idt control panel doesn't work on xp tho.

Does opening the IDT control panel show an error of some sort? If so, can you screen it or describe it?

Sorry for the late reply, but I gave up on this for a few days and reinstalled xp because I had so much stuff leftover from how many times I tried to install an audio driver, but anyways, that one from the hp site does not give me the control panel, but the control panel on my previous installation would give no message.

5 hours ago, Duck42069 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but I gave up on this for a few days and reinstalled xp because I had so much stuff leftover from how many times I tried to install an audio driver, but anyways, that one from the hp site does not give me the control panel, but the control panel on my previous installation would give no message.

I assume the HP drivers that are offered for is a no-go then. Last resort would be to use Snappy Driver Installer Origin to track a driver that is relevant (contrary to other driver installers, it's the most trustworthy, but i wouldn't install drivers from the program directly).

Uninstall the audio drivers (unless if you have done that already), get the mentioned program (Application Only). Run it and choose 'Download only indexes'. After that don't do anything within it, just close the program and upload the latest snapshot from the app's log folder (with the .snp extension). I'll take a look at what the log reports and find you an appropriate driver.

Edited by IntMD

https://www93.zippyshare.com/v/9PKIX19O/file.html

Can you try this driver? It seems to support your audio device (fits the exact HWID fine (w/o the REV ID)). Should be installed by devmgmt.msc since there is no setup executable included.

From what I also see in the logs there are also other devices that need to be updated (excluding the "amd processor drivers" and "HPET drivers" which are severly outdated, but somehow offered), but we'll talk about it once you get the audio drivers to work correctly.

Edited by IntMD

3 minutes ago, Duck42069 said:

Again, says it works, looks like it works, works with aux and HDMI, just not the speakers.

Have you checked if the control panel works fine in this build of drivers?

No idt control panel in it, only AESTCtrl.cpl which is just audio filters (none installed though) and even then it doesn't install that for me, its just in the same folder as the driver.