NVIDIA GeForce RTX error code 43 on Windows 10 version 1607

halohalo

I modified the INF file, and GeForce GTX 1660 Ti displayed Code 43 error on Windows 10 version 1607 Test Mode.

GeForce RTX GPUs support Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 version 1709 or later. But Quadro RTX GPUs support 1607.
Now I am sure the installation is not blocked by the INF file.

The driver for NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller can be found in PPC folder.

I also checked the INF file in AMD Radeon software 19.7.1, and I think Radeon RX 5700 GPUs may support 1607.

1660ti.jpg

Edited by halohalo

• 1 month later...

Hey OP.
I'm trying to make RTX cards work on older versions too, specifically 1607 LTSB.
I have tried modding system files, modding GPU drivers, I also tried faking the Windows version so that the driver would install and work properly.
Have you had any luck yet?

When nvlddmkm.sys is loaded, it detects OS version. If I want to install 412.40, I need to replace 3839 with 3FAB, then nvlddmkm.sys will not be unloaded.

The second problem is Windows 10 version 1607, because it has strict driver signing rules.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-Hardware-Certification/Driver-Signing-changes-in-Windows-10-version-1607/ba-p/364894

GTX Turing GPUs do not support NVIDIA NGX. Besides, I think NVIDIA blocks Pascal GPUs on 1507 by NvBlockTH1Install.

USB 3.1 card based on Asmedia ASM1142 works on Windows 2000 with blackwingcat's extended core v16a installed.

kd01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I modified nvlddmkm.sys to prevent the unloading process. It also needs to be test-signed.
To prevent the drastic performance decrease, I disabled driver signature enforcement before installation.

FurMark test result:
http://www.ozone3d.net/gpudb/score.php?which=787187

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tested adaptive sync on the LG 27GL850-B monitor.

Works in Fullscreen and Windowed:

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Official Benchmark (445.75, DirectX 11)

FurMark 1.21.1.0 (445.75, OpenGL)

G-SYNC Pendulum Demo (445.75, DirectX11)

Nier: Automata (445.75, DirectX 11)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (DirectX 9.0c)

PSO2 New Genesis Character Creator (466.27, DirectX 11)

Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo (445.75, DirectX 11 and DirectX 12)

Works in Fullscreen only:

Lost Planet 2 Benchmark (DirectX 11 and DirectX 9)

Street Fighter V Benchmark (432.28, DirectX 11)

Edited by halohalo

On 1/13/2020 at 3:36 AM, halohalo said:

I've tested adaptive sync on the LG 27GL850-B monitor.

Works in Fullscreen and Windowed:

Phantasy Star Online 2 (DirectX 9.0c)

Works in Fullscreen only:

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Official Benchmark (DirectX 11)

G-SYNC Pendulum Demo (DirectX11)

Lost Planet 2 Benchmark (DirectX 11 and DirectX 9)

Nier: Automata (DirectX 11)

you can install the latest drivers in case this 442.01?

https://international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/442.01hf/442.01-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

work on 1607 this drivers? for RTX 2060/2070/2080 and gtx 1650/1660 etc?

new driver requires newer windows 1809

replace in hex 4563 to 3839?

why the rtx quadro boards do not need to be patched in the drivers for windows 1607 and the geforces do?

Edited by xmauro

No, I think it is possible to install R435 and later in debug mode temporally, but making a modified driver for test mode is not as easy as R430 and older. If I need to update the driver to R435 and later, it is necessary to debug again before modification.

The INF file of 442.01 supports Turing GeForce GPUs on Windows 10 version 1709 and later, but Windows 10 supports ray tracing since 1803.

I can turn on HDR by worleydl's hdr-switcher, but I have to edit uhdDisplay.cpp and replace NV_HDR_MODE_UHDBD with NV_HDR_MODE_UHDA_PASSTHROUGH. The switcher can't turn off HDR immediately, and I know nothing about programming, so I compiled another switcher using NV_HDR_MODE_OFF.

and this driver http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/441.66/441.66-quadro-winserv-2016-2019-64bit-international-whql.exe

technically windows server 2016 is the same as 10 1607
same build so if it works on it, just add your gpu strings there in inf and install

because the rtx chassis gpus use the same chip as the rtx geforces so there’s not much because it doesn’t work is it?

Edited by xmauro

in this topic

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-enterprise-2016-ltsb-1607-vs-windows-10-1903-tested-in-10-games.428605/

uses Nvidia 436.30 how did he install this driver version on 1607?

version 1607 is much better in games difference is brutal in games that use directx 12

exemple

KDybvO6.png

nvidia does not want you to use these windows because her cards yield a lot more in games, so she took support to sell stronger cards and increase her profit

Edited by xmauro

• 2 months later...

Resident Evil 3 demo supports Windows 10 HDR instead of NVAPI HDR. When I enable full screen HDR in game, the screen goes black and the input response becomes very slow. If I switch to other program, the problem temporarily disappears because the game leaves full screen HDR mode.

Anyway, adaptive sync works in full screen mode and borderless windowed mode under DirectX 12, and the graphics are nice.

VLC media player also has black screen issue because it only supports Windows 10 HDR. This is one limitation of 1607, so updating driver to 445.75 didn't help.

FurMark test result of 445.75:
https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=38606

I didn't know that Device Manager ignores NvProfileUpdaterPlugin.dll during installation. NvProfileUpdaterPlugin.dll is required since R435. Without the file, NVIDIA Control Panel keeps showing access denied error when I try to apply Adaptive-Sync or 3D settings.

After reinstalling Windows, I solved this problem by copying the file to Session folder. Now Adaptive-Sync works on D3D 11 windowed mode, and VLC media player can use D3D 11 video output in full screen. 

Edited by halohalo