Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

3dreal

Rare Winxp-Patch - Most important!

3 hours ago, 3dreal said:

Microsoft Pushes Rare Windows XP Patch For WannaCry-Style Wormable Exploit
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/697746/microsoft-pushes-rare-windows-xp-patch/
go through the steps or
go further down and go to catalogue directly.
set systemrestore point beforehand.

That goes back to the middle of May, I installed it then, but I can't remember whether it came through Microsoft Update or whether I had to install it manually.
:dubbio:

5 hours ago, Bersaglio said:

We are still looking for this missing update: The system or application freezes in a Windows Embedded POSReady 2009-based device.

Please help finding it (at least english release) if You can. Everyone here will be very grateful. :)

It is windowsxp-kb4500331-x86-embedded. Download from the Microsoft update catalog for Windows XP embedded. I only have the Swedish version.

Posted (edited)

It's actually KB2963522 that people are looking for, not that one.
:)

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

Posted (edited)

Looks to me like that hotfix (and therefore almost certainly others as well) are now only available to paying customers!
:(

Edited by Dave-H
Addition