Universal Silent Switch Finder 0.1

ZoSTeR

was this before or after install symantec AV and CS? Features like script blocking and having AV scan levels too high may be blocking you from running ussf. (Solution : ditch Symantec and get similar products that don't cause more problems than they are supposed to fix)

Hi LiquidSage,

was this before or after install symantec AV and CS?
May be my post wasn't clear enough or you misunderstood me. I got symantec AV + NIS allways installed (before and after).

I try expressing myself again, i have symantec AV + NIS installed since few years.

I start using USSF 6 months ago... working fine. At that time i tested USSF on Symantec's setup.exe files, it gave me a result of /S /v/qn switches.

Since 3/4 days i used USSF to find sitches, it gave me "Sorry, unknown installer." error message very often.

As i know that USSF had success to find swiches on Symantec's setup.exe, i tested it again on those Symantec's files. This time i got "Sorry, unknown installer" error message. Moreover I get this error message even my NIS disabled.

Regards

coucou

Features like script blocking and having AV scan levels too high may be blocking you from running ussf. (Solution : ditch Symantec and get similar products that don't cause more problems than they are supposed to fix)
Interesting...

I'm using all those Symantec products and never had a problem. Did you change the default settings of either program? Also I disagree with the "solution" proposed above. Symantec products are some of the best out there--as big as they are and as successful as they've been they couldn't be "causing more problems than they are supposed to fix"--but like any program, if you don't install it properly it'll have problems.

If you didn't really mess around w/the settings in the Symantec programs, I would think that the problem lies elsewhere than Symantec.

Since yesterday I get "Sorry, unknown installer." message error with the most setup tested, even with the Symantec's setup.exe above. 

I tried with the new USSF version and the kelsenellenelvian's version... same error message 

The new version of USSF is really great! It's analyzing at least 60% more setups than before. I've had no problem w/it at all on any system--running either Symantec or NAI products.

It's kinda' hard to T/S without knowing all the details and the sequence. Think about/check out the following questions. Maybe one of your answers will give you the clue you need to figure out what's going on.

• What other changes have you made to your system?
  • If you did, can you temporarily remove or disable them and see if it's back to normal?
  • Is your disk NTFS and have you changed any permissions?
  • Are you an "Administrator" on your system?
  • Did you completely delete the old program before you installed the new one?
  • Did you use the installer or just unpack the files?
  • In your USSF folder (or whatever you called it) are there only 2 items, "PEiD.exe" dated 30 Jan 05 and "Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe" dated 22 Mar 05 & v3.1.0.15?

Hope that helps you...

The new version of USSF is really great! It's analyzing at least 60% more setups than before. I've had no problem w/it at all on any system--running either Symantec or NAI products.

It's kinda' hard to T/S without knowing all the details and the sequence. Think about/check out the following questions. Maybe one of your answers will give you the clue you need to figure out what's going on.

• What other changes have you made to your system? NONE
  • If you did, can you temporarily remove or disable them and see if it's back to normal? Not undderstand what do u mean
  • Is your disk NTFS and have you changed any permissions? No permission changed
  • Are you an "Administrator" on your system? YES
  • Did you completely delete the old program before you installed the new one? YES
  • Did you use the installer or just unpack the files? Installer
  • In your USSF folder (or whatever you called it) are there only 2 items, "PEiD.exe" dated 30 Jan 05 and "Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe" dated 22 Mar 05 & v3.1.0.15? YES

Hope that helps you...

Cheers

coucou

• 2 weeks later...

Zoster

was wondering if you would like right click to this. I don't like the drag to desk or whatever and have had the right click for awhile. I just added .msi to it. Anyway's since I couldn't use the previous Installer I created an Inno Installer with the reg settings and see if someone was interested

• 2 months later...

the switch finder said, "this is a selfextracting RAR archive. The RAR comment contains the setup script."

so i look at the commend. and all it says is:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

can someone tell me what this means? what the switch is? or atleast what type of installer this is.

thanks for any reply :hello:

post-29225-1121313138_thumb.jpg

post-29225-1121313147_thumb.jpg

The Indentify Installer link you gave is for CMenu.

Does Cmenu do what USSF did???

If so, Please be kind explain how.

Regards

coucou

1. Identify Installer, is one of the inbuilt features of CMenu.

2. Even better.

3. As of version 1.5

- Improved detection rates. As USSF is missing some known installers.

- Ability to list, unpack, admin installs, record installs, silent installs, create AutoIt scripts...all from the Identify Installer window.

- Rightclick, for fast results.

For more benefits. Check it out for yourself.

Any further questions, will only be answered, in the CMenu topic. I do not want to hijack Zosters thread.

• 3 months later...

I prefer USSF, because it is standalone, your program need to be installed and came with a ton of features I dont want. May I suggest you release a lighter version ?

The Indentify Installer link you gave is for CMenu.

Does Cmenu do what USSF did???

If so, Please be kind explain how.

Regards

coucou

1. Identify Installer, is one of the inbuilt features of CMenu.

2. Even better.

3. As of version 1.5

- Improved detection rates. As USSF is missing some known installers.

- Ability to list, unpack, admin installs, record installs, silent installs, create AutoIt scripts...all from the Identify Installer window.

- Rightclick, for fast results.

For more benefits. Check it out for yourself.

Any further questions, will only be answered, in the CMenu topic. I do not want to hijack Zosters thread.

Thanks for the great tool. One question though. What should I add to the registry in order to have a 'find silent switch' on the right click? I tried

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Find Silent Switch\command]

@="\"USSF.exe\" \"%1\""

But I just get a window asking me to pick the file...