System_Info

wimb

System_Info - Updated to version 4.1

- Added 2 extra buttons to make Folder List and FileList from Selected Path and using Dir Command with Unicode support
- Allows to keep multiple processes alive and visible

System_Info is also available at Reboot.pro Forum

System_Info-41-2019-10-09_163529.png.0294214d00ec918fb6301584ae16f697.png

System_Info - Updated to version 4.2

- Added 2 extra buttons Sys Info and DX Diag to use systeminfo.exe and dxdiag.exe of Microsoft

System_Info-2019-10-24_115603.png.e8df3358419bb7380d9dc0dd02da75e2.png

Edited by wimb

All my projects are now available for download as wimb GitHub Releases

Download:  USB_FORMAT  and   UEFI_MULTI  and  VHD_WIMBOOT  and  System_Info  and  MBR_Backup

• 1 month later...

Update System_Info-45

Download:  System_Info  from GitHub

File is is Encrypted with password = bootwimb

- System_Info List files are created in folder sys_info
- Hard Link List files are created in folder Hard_Link_List

2021-10-28.png.f0f952edf9f1dcfb03f38921210224a5.png

2127499337_2021-10-28(1).png.146c10460df36ccc9ad1a14d52147b1d.png

Edited by wimb

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

HP System Diagnostics seems to have been removed.
:(
Has something else replaced it?
:dubbio:

I think the Info given by HP System Diagnostics is well covered by Save System Info, Drive Info List, Device Manager and DirectX Diagnostics.

Or do you think that HP System Diagnostics is giving Info that is missing now ?

Edited by wimb

The thing that I found most useful on HP System Diagnostics was the scanning of the installed devices, and it would tell you which devices were not actually present on the system so that you could use the utility to clean the unused entries from the registry.
I've never found anything else which does this so quickly and easily.
Yes, you can do it to some extent with Device Manager, but I never found that so user friendly.
It's not the end of the world of course, and I have HP System Diagnostics installed separately anyway, and have had for years, but I see no reason not to still include it in your system, unless you now consider it to be unnecessary bloat.
:)

39 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

The thing that I found most useful on HP System Diagnostics was the scanning of the installed devices, and it would tell you which devices were not actually present on the system so that you could use the utility to clean the unused entries from the registry.
I've never found anything else which does this so quickly and easily.
Yes, you can do it to some extent with Device Manager, but I never found that so user friendly.
It's not the end of the world of course, and I have HP System Diagnostics installed separately anyway, and have had for years, but I see no reason not to still include it in your system, unless you now consider it to be unnecessary bloat.
:)

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Ok that sounds convincing to me. I will Add HP System Diagnostics again to next version. 

Update System_Info-46

Download:  System_Info  from GitHub

- "Sys Info" and "Drive Info List" - Errors removed that would occur in case of space in Program Path
- Added code to Run Explorer++ x86 version in case of x86 program version
- System_Info List files are created in folder sys_info
- Hard Link List option Disabled (needs more time to improve the code)
- Added HP System Diagnostics App

Edited by wimb

Update System_Info-48

Download:  System_Info  from GitHub

- Hard Link List button is working now and allows spaces in FileName and FilePath e.g. files in C:\Progam Files

System_Info.png.f7971078fe7a438dae89bd84fe2e4767.png

Edited by wimb

Thanks, and I really appreciate the HP System Diagnostics being returned!
:yes:
Just as an aside, can I ask why the "System_Info-E-pw.txt" file, which contains the password for the archive, is inside the archive that you need the password to get into?!
:dubbio::D

10 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Just as an aside, can I ask why the "System_Info-E-pw.txt" file, which contains the password for the archive, is inside the archive that you need the password to get into?!

Like you had not inside your safe at home a scrap of paper with the combination of that same safe ... :whistle:

redundancy.jpg

jaclaz

26 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

If you have forgotten the password, then you can with 7-zip installed double-click on the archive and 

can peek inside the archive and read the password that is needed to unlock the Encrypted part.

So that makes it very handy and at the same time it is protected against download failure due to false-positive warning of AntiVirus and Defender Software :)

Edited by wimb

@DaveH

Technically, the zip archive is a container.

Some of its contents are encrypted/password protected, some (the mentioned .txt file) are just stored inside the container in plain text.

If you open the System_Info-48-E.zip in 7-zip and check all the columns, you will see how it contains two items:

1) the System_Info-E.txt file with method "store" Encrypted "-"
2) the inner System_Info-48.zip file with method "AES-256 deflate" Encrypted "+"

The outer (or External).zip can be opened normally (without password) and the .txt file can be read/extracted as well without password.

3/4 to 7/8 of the internet uses password protected archives with the password published on the forum  or blog post where the link to the archive is posted.

So the user downloads the archive and opens it with the provided password or - exceptionally - creates *somewhere* a *randomly named* .txt file.

The some time later he/she wants to re-use the archive but cannot find anymore the post where the password is nor the .txt file on which the password was copied.

You'll have to convene that Wimb's approach is better.

To nitpick, the .txt file should be named System_Info-pw.txt (as opposed to System_Info-E-pw.txt) or - better - System_Info-48-pw.txtand contain

password for System_Info-48.zip is bootwimb

as opposed to:

password for System_Info.zip is bootwimb

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz