Free working Teamviewer alternatives for XP?

RainyShadow

21 hours ago, ruthan said:

I guess that it will work, but if should decide between downgrade whole OS, or use one application.. i will stop to use application, unless they will fix it. So Teamviewer is dead, Anydesk is dead, is there other alternative?

Terrible pessimism! AnyDesk v. 5.4.0.0 (ex. https://soft.sibnet.ru/get/?id=36027 ) works in Windows XP SP3 "POSReady" flawlessly :)

Edited by egrabrych

Thanks for info, i will try 5.4.0 but it means that now up to date and future versions will not work.. we would only in fear when they will kill backward connection to older version, because of some security flaw, or API update. Teamviewer also somehow working with new updates, there seems to be new 14.2 version.

I would like to really see some guarantee of WinXP future for next years as part of some long term like Linux kernel support promise.. but its just wish, until more people will get more sick with killing of compatibility and will get loud.. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, UCyborg said:

UltraViewer supposedly remains XP compatible.

That looks suspiciously similar to (old) TeamViewer interface... 

And they already charge for connecting to just 3 devices/month, ugh. 

Without looking any further i can safely say it won't come close to AnyDesk...

Anydesk in my daily XP SP3 produces the error reported by @ruthan, but seems to still work (still not fully tested) . Funny thing, it works with no error in my standard vanilla nlited VM.

Nomachine installs well, and seems to work, but not yet fully tested.

on VNC, tightVNC works well.

• 1 month later...

Hey, gang - long time no post.

So, in October 2021, what is the best free alternative to AnyDesk to access my wheezing, cranky home XP Pro machine (32-bit) when I'm elsewhere?   I ask because AnyDesk is now cutting me off with You Need a Business License warnings.

Maybe Splashtop works?  Even if my XP is 32-bit? 

Question - is there a portable version of Splashtop (or any other suggestion) so that when I'm at work and cannot install Splashtop on my work computer, I can use a portable version at work to access my home XP machine?  (Splashtop would be installed on my home XP machine but would be only portable on my work 10 machine.)

Thanks!

On 10/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, glnz said:

I ask because AnyDesk is now cutting me off with You Need a Business License warnings.

How did you get there? Did you click that "Test professional features now" link on the "What's new" page?

What license does it show on the About page?

I have been using AnyDesk ever since i found about it and so far it didn't nag me about buying a license.

Rainy - didn't do anything - the messages just started popping up.  I think I used it too much too long.  Reminds me of TeamViewer.  So I will need the alternatives ASAP, and ideally one that has a portable version, as ANyDesk and TV do.  Thanks.

Hmm, maybe try to reset to free license (in the settings)?

Or reset the whole thing? Save your contacts, fully quit AnyDesk, make a backup of the %appdata%\AnyDesk folder, then delete/rename it. On the next start you should get a new ID and fresh settings.

About alternatives, what are your needs? Will you only access your XP system at home, or you intend to access other devices as well?

What types of device/OS you need supported? Windows PCs only? Mobiles too?

Do you use public IP addresses, can you forward ports? If not, you need a server to act as a middle-man like in TV and AD.

Do you use the file transfer function, or just remote control? Or maybe even only remote viewing (without control part) would suffice?

Also, did you already try the ones suggested here previously?

Edited by RainyShadow