Windows XP Update Security Essentials

foxzzy

In need of a way to use MPAM_FE.exe files to update Windows XP Security Essentials - since Microsoft stopped providing same as of the 2th of June 2019.

There has got to be a way to use the Definition Update files in this executable to update Windows XP - I just am not smart enough to figure out how...

Any advice - help - would be appreciated - and - I am sure I am not the only one looking for a way to keep MSE up-tp-date in Windows XP

Thank You...

There has to be a way to update MCCES on Windows XP. I think it's a matter of creating a file to change the data which locks out XP to a file that takes the mpam-fe files and forces them to update the Definitions to work with the OS. How about a few software folks that can outsmart Microsoft and keep us Windows XP lovers secure..

@foxzzy

First, I want to welcome you to the MSFN forums :)

... However, and any forum admin will probably agree with me, it's not polite or even compliant with forum rules to have your second post be a slightly reworded version of your first one, asking about the exact same thing...

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts

You made your first post here: <thread link invalidated because of thread merge: it's the 1st post on this thread, now> and @Mathwiz was kind enough to provide you with links to the main MSE thread, where your query should have been answered, beyond any doubt... Did you ever bother reading the relevant posts (found in the "last-ish" thread pages...) ?

You obviously didn't like the answer you received and you opted to come back with this duplicate query/thread... :angry:

This is a real faux pas... :realmad: MSE/XP is dead; first, M$ made its engine non-XP compatible; an interim mitigation was applied, but the final end was imminent: M$ also changed the "format" (for lack of a better term) of the actual definitions to be only compatible with the updated (non-XP compatible) engine; any attempt to patch those files will invalidate their file signatures/HASHes and render them "corrupt", unable to be used even with the old engine... What you're asking is for someone to deeply patch official Microsoft files (both engine DLL and definition files); even if some able person manages this, it wouldn't be allowed to post here "hacked" Microsoft files...

FWIW, MSE is kept going by M$ only for the sake of Windows 7 (and they are being gracious to those few Vista users, too); once Win7 reaches EoS in several months, the future is unclear for "legacy" MSE (replaced by updated WD in Win8+)... :whistle:

Edited by dencorso
Threads merged and locked...