Zone Alarm

trev

I have installed zone alarm because I need a stronger firewall. What else does zone alarm do?

After installing it and running it, the program changed my network settings and stuff, and it won't let me connect to the internet. When I quit the program, then it will let me connect to the internet. How do i configure the program so when I load zone alarm, it won't change my network settings, and be able to connect to the internet? Hope you know what I mean.

In my computer I have norton internet security 2002 installed and it has expired a long time ago (it came when I bought the computer). Does the firewall still work although it has expired?

What version do you use...newest beta 5 blocks mine net too.

Revert to stable 4.5

If you are using 4.5 then uninstall all firewalls you have installed, restart, install Zonealarm 4.5 and apply default rules when it asks you, reboot and report :)

I used to use ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 but I recently switched to Agnitium Outpost Pro.

Zonealarm will tell you it detects new networks and asks you to set them up, you simply go through and it automatically configures the access properly. Make sure you allow your common applications access to the internet such as IE or other programs you use and trust.

IMPORTANT

You MUST allow Explorer.exe to have internet access or else nothing will work