Nvidia drivers always cause nv4_mini.sys BSOD

Every time I try and install drivers for my GPU, after rebooting, Windows XP x64 Bluescreens

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519646861603241996/585251578819248138/image0.jpg

Which GPU are you running?  I'm running a 9800GT in XP x64 and it works well.

Try the following:

1)  Run the nVidia uninstaller, remove everything - reboot
2)  Run DDU (last XP version is 18.0.0.4) - reboot
3)  Install nVidia 340.52 driver

If your power supply is good and you can rule out the drivers, then your GPU might be defective, which was quite common for any series 6xxx and up.  It's debatable that there has been no stable nVidia silicon up until perhaps Kepler.

I'm using the GTX 970, I've tried drivers from 344.11 to 360something, but I've found out what causes it to Bluescreen, using more than one monitor, but it's going to be hard to go back to only a single monitor

Edited by asdf2345

I'm having this same problem (980ti here), the only solution i could come up with was to use a second GPU (GT710) to run the second monitor on my setup. Not convenient but it works.

3 hours ago, i430VX said:

I'm having this same problem (980ti here), the only solution i could come up with was to use a second GPU (GT710) to run the second monitor on my setup. Not convenient but it works.

Quoting what I said on OP's similar thread about the problem.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:08 AM, IntMD said:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/783386/geforce-drivers/geforce-960-970-980-windows-xp-drivers/post/5918551/#5918551

This apparently might fix this problem with the multimonitor. Fits the error you have- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

Make sure that you have the 368.81 GeForce Game Ready driver installed using this guide: https://mattpilz.com/windows-xp-drivers-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-980-980-ti-titan-x/

This has fixed OP's problem, so it should fix yours.

• 2 months later...

Since due to the recent nvidia "revamp" of the forums which looks like utter s***, the original topic has been deleted for no reason whatsoever, which is sad considering nobody could archive it, couldn't the unexpectable. Fortunately, by researching through my browser history, I could be able to find the direct link to Tal Aloni's fixed driver here. Just in case, I also archived the link by wayback machine, so if the original link goes down, you can just input the url in web archive

Edited by IntMD