MITM Checker

Sampei.Nihira

10 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... Might be also worth to "communicate" the app's bugged GUI, at least in Vista :angry:: very elongated window, with no-way to resize, minimize and/or maximize...

The developer was informed of your problem.;)

7 hours ago, IntMD said:

Just have rechecked the recently released v0.42b of the app on Windows 7 Enterprise build 7601.24441, and from the (updated) 200 hosts two of them had the ALERT result: Amazon and PayPal.

Same version, run on Windows Vista SP2 x86:

n72SFrH.jpg

9 (!) handshake failures... :(

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The developer was informed of your problem.;)

Grazie :); might have to do with me having Windows Taskbar placed on the far right of the screen (i.e. vertical, not the default which is horizontal and in the bottom) ;) ... 

I still have a copy of the 5/22 version that runs on XP. I'm uploading a copy here.

I tried renaming the "hostlist.txt" file from the new version to "top100.txt," as used in the old version. Surprisingly, it wouldn't run with the new file!

So I surmised the old version only allows 100 host names in "top100.txt," and split "hostlist.txt" into two files with 100 entries each. That worked. Whichever file is named "top100.txt" is used. You just have to run it, rename the "top100" files, and run it again.

BTW, no alert on Amazon or Paypal with this version. (But I know alerts work with this version, from my earlier experiment with ProxHTTPSProxyMII.)

Also, although you can't resize the window, you can sort by any column by clicking the header.

qmc.7z

Rechecked the v0.43b of the app on Win7 Enterprise 7601.24441 and the Amazon/Paypal problem has been fixed. On the first run from the 200 hosts only one had a failed handshake (www.discover.com). Checking the site on both Chrome and IE show that the Root CA is DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA. Running the app the second time makes said handshake succeed with a valid result.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:45 AM, Mathwiz said:

I still have a copy of the 5/22 version that runs on XP. I'm uploading a copy here.

I tried renaming the "hostlist.txt" file from the new version to "top100.txt," as used in the old version. Surprisingly, it wouldn't run with the new file!

So I surmised the old version only allows 100 host names in "top100.txt," and split "hostlist.txt" into two files with 100 entries each. That worked. Whichever file is named "top100.txt" is used. You just have to run it, rename the "top100" files, and run it again.

BTW, no alert on Amazon or Paypal with this version. (But I know alerts work with this version, from my earlier experiment with ProxHTTPSProxyMII.)

Also, although you can't resize the window, you can sort by any column by clicking the header.

qmc.7z 57 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks for the XP update version :thumbup. I see several handshake failure (Root CA) -> NA (result) but zero alert/detection 

It could be helpful to print a log file just to overcome the no-resizing window.

@heinoganda
Just tried this, and with HTTPSProxy enabled 100 items were checked and all but two failed!
Tried again with HTTPSProxy disabled, and 100 were checked and all were OK or NA.
Is that expected behaviour?
:dubbio:

EDIT: Should have read the first post more carefully!
"It will detect obvious cases (such as interception by a local proxy......"
:lol:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

Latest version 0.49b

1. Has rectified the oversized/elongated app window :cheerleader:
2. App window can now be minimised to taskbar :thumbup
3. App window can't be maximised or resized :(
4. There is no more a right "sidebar", but the test result is being displayed in the bottom "status bar"
5. As with previous versions, 200 sample hosts are being checked against...

I ran the app on my Vista SP2 32-bit old laptop (so can't tell whether it runs under XP SP3 :(),
0 detections and 7 handshake failures here...

ZAZFoDk.jpg

Edited by VistaLover