6. ogl2007-kb3213641-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
7. mso2007-kb4011715-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
8. xlconv2007-kb4011717-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
9. wordconv2007-kb4018354-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
10. ogl2007-kb4092444-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
11. pptconv2007-kb4011207-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
12. mso2007-kb4092465-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
13. xlconv2007-kb4461607-fullfile-x86-glb.exe

In WinXP I get 1-13 updates, while on Win7/Win10 1-9.

I don't have 5-8 on my XP system, but I don't think I'm missing anything. I think 10-13 replace 5-8.

OK I officially hate OneDrive. DownThemAll won't work at all (just downloads an .html telling me to "sign in to my OneDrive account" :wacko: ), and a "regular" download has failed twice thrice, each time after like 15 minutes. Do I have to use IE to download these? Edit: Apparently so. Downloads consistently fail about 80% of the way through when using Serpent. With IE the downloads seemed to freeze at one point, but clicking Pause and Resume got things going again.

Also appears M$ throttles the throughput to any one IP, so you can't even gain a speed advantage by trying two downloads at once. Edit: Using IE appears to get around the throttling, at least. But I sure hope the downloads complete this time.

Edited by Mathwiz

Dave-H "The Office 2007 Compatibility Pack.rar" is a version 5 .rar file, locked with 3% recovery record.
Maybe it's better to open it with Winrar 5.x.

With regard to "FileFormatConverters.exe", be careful because there are two versions.
Old version (2006): 12.0.4518.1014, 28.399.752 bytes (Windows 2000 sp4 compatible)
New version (2009): 12.0.6500.5000, 38.808.920 bytes (WinXP+ compatible).

In a little while, many old microsoft links will stop working.

Mathwiz in a clean WinXP installation with Office 2003 sp3 + compatibility pack,
the Microsoft Update offers me and installs the 13 above updates.

I also hate OneDrive, but I have 5TB free space.
I just downloaded the package at 1MB/s.

Edited by actinium

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

I downloaded the files OK using Firefox 52.9 ESR.

1 hour ago, actinium said:

I just downloaded the package at 1MB/s.

I have to go through a rather slow proxy, so it takes me longer. Using a proxy may also explain why Serpent kept failing; IDK. I finally did get the big .rar file though.

1 hour ago, actinium said:

With regard to "FileFormatConverters.exe", be careful because there are two versions.
Old version (2006): 12.0.4518.1014, 28.399.752 bytes (Windows 2000 sp4 compatible)
New version (2009): 12.0.6500.5000, 38.808.920 bytes (WinXP+ compatible).

Curiously, I have another version! I believe mine is the newer version, but modified to run on Win98: the signatures and version info are missing! :crazy: The file size is 38.303.202 bytes. I wish I could track down where I got it from, but it's probably long gone.

Well if you have a version that would work properly on Windows 98SE it would be great if you could upload it!
:yes:
The version I've got (the later one 12.0.6500.5000, 38.808.920) did actually install on Windows 98, but not properly.
It will read later .docx Word documents (which is all I actually need it for) but won't open later Excel or PowerPoint files.
It also can't be updated to SP3 or have any of the later patches installed, but I guess that's probably an intrinsic problem.
:)

Edited by Dave-H
Amendment

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes!
I'm about to go away on holiday until the beginning of next month, and I will try it when I get back home.
Cheers, Dave.

Dave-H I wish you nice holidays.
Here in Crete we have holidays all year round :)

I'm thinking of creating a new thread with all the updates for the

Office 2003 + Office Compatibility Pack.

Edited by actinium

Thanks @actinium!
I just tried to open a docx Word file in Office XP on Windows 98SE, and it failed!
:(
I'm now just getting an error message which says -

"This is a pre-release version of the Compatibility Pack and can only open pre-release Office 2007 files only. Do you want to check for a newer version of the Compatibility Pack?"

If I press "Cancel" nothing happens, and if I press "OK" it opens Internet Explorer 6 (!) with a "not-found" page.
This is really odd, because I'm sure it used to work!
I've tried repairing the installation and uninstalling and re-installing, but the same result.
I'm sure it will no longer open files that it used to open, so I don't know what's changed.

I did try that Windows 2000 version of the installer you kindly linked me to, but it doesn't work in any KernelEx mode that I tried.
It gets past the licence agreement with KernelEx, but then just says the installation failed.

I might try extracting the files from it and if there's an msi file and associated cab file in there and try that.
It was an msi file I used for the original install, which does still install fine but now no longer actually works.
If it now needs SP3 of the Pack I guess I'm stuck, because I never got that to install at all, but it did seem happy without it until now.
:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Addition

I used Office 2007 which theoretically doesn't need anyone of that 13 Compatibility Pack (as docx are the standard format for Office 2007) but in past i was forced to install a lot of this Compatibility updates in XP and more often on Vista because of the well know windows update hanging problem.

Can i uninstall it at all now or there could be issues?

Vistaboy I have installed Office 2003, Compatibility Pack and Office 2010 on the same system (Win7/Win10) without a problem :)
I think Compatibility Pack does not affect Office 2007/2010.

Dave-H I can upload if you want sp1 and sp2 for old Compatibility Pack ver. 12.0.4518.1014.

Edited by actinium

Thanks @actinium, and sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just got back from my holiday.
Trying the SP1 and SP2 updates would be good, but what I can't understand is why it's stopped working in the first place, I'm sure it was fine when it was first installed, but now it won't open any docx files at all, just saying it's a "pre-release version".
:dubbio:

Dave-H with the help of the office integrator you can integrate sp1 or sp2 into the old Compatibility Pacκ (FileFormatConverters.exe) and see what happens.
In any case, I do tests in fresh installations :)