Unofficial New Moon cannot play livestream file

Arutz Tele

So I've been enjoying my Windows Vista installation on my T410 problem-free 98.7% of the time, speedier by 2x with a SSD. However there was one problem: when I was going on the KAN 11 website to watch my livestream, I couldn't play it. It tells me that "there are no playable sources found". However on Chrome (with the final version for Vista/XP), it plays the file just fine. Is there any codec I need to install or configure browser settings so I could play KAN 11's stream on New Moon? Here is the snapshot on New Moon for proof, but cannot show on Chrome because of how restricted the image uploader is.

image1.png

5 hours ago, Arutz Tele said:

I might install the LAV dlls later on and give that a try.

LAV files provided by @roytam1 are only meant for NEW MOON 27 builds! They are not compatible with NM28!

I would instead look at the state of your Vista install; is your system FULLY updated (at least up until the official EoS updates, April 2017)? If it is, then (patented) system decoders should have been put in place in the context of Windows Media Foundation (WMF) framework and once you visit the youtube HTML5 player test page with New Moon 28 (28.6.0a1), you should have all checkmarks ticked in blue background...

Also please verify media.wmf.enabled;true and media.ffvpx.enabled;true (both are the default values). FWIW, the Live stream on your test page (https://www.kan.org.il/) starts and plays fine here on New Moon 28 (I am left slightly behind at an older version, 28.5.0a1 (32-bit) (2019-03-29), since I mostly use Serpent 52 these last weeks, due to restored WidevineCDM support ;))

EDIT: I would also check for overzealous script/content/ad blockers; this has happened to me quite often in the past, where an embedded video wouldn't load unless I (temporarily) disable uBlock Origin :angry: ...

Edited by VistaLover